Found newer-style frameless wiper blades for the JK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 Old 02-13-2010, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Lightbulb Found newer-style frameless wiper blades for the JK

Found the newer-style frameless wiper blades for the JK generation of the Jeep Wrangler. After doing a lot of searching I found that the 'Trico Neoform Beam Blades' have a option that fits the Jeep wiper arms and the JK windshield. They're not 15" but they're 14" (the 1/2" difference on each side isn't noticable). They wipe excellent and are quiet - like them better than the old-school framed wipers. Came with removal and replacement instructions - easy install. Got them online.

First Time Caller, Long Time Listener, Great Show...Love The Topic!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 02-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

where did you find them and how much? i think i would be interested depending on what they look like.
post #3 of 24 Old 02-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Rock God

or you could just get the 16 inch bosch icon or rain-x latitude blades

they both fit like a glove and cover the full windshiled unlike the factory jk blades
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 Old 02-13-2010, 10:21 AM
JKO Addict!

16s are everywhere and work.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #5 of 24 Old 02-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
16s are everywhere and work.
i was actually wondering if this would work. glad to know it does.

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
post #6 of 24 Old 02-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Rock God

yup..i have the 16" rainx lattitude. I will never use a different blade. So far well worth the money using a "euroblade" as we call it at Audi.

2007 Wrangler
Rescue Green

3.5" AEV Lift
37" GoodYear MTR
Pro Comp 7089's
Tom Woods Shafts F&R
OR Fab Tire Carrier
Shaffer Stinger
Bulldog Winch
Buschwacker Flat Flares
Poly Tie Rod
JKS Disco
post #7 of 24 Old 02-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Wheeler

just be careful if you guys get cold weather and snow. I leave my wipers up just before a snow so that the blades dont freeze to the windshield. If you try to move the armless ones when frozen, they get brittle and can break. Found out the hard way last week.

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You will never be disappointed." ME

'08 Unlimited X - Stone White - Hardtop - Auto - 3.73 Gears - 17's - 3" Fabtech

post #8 of 24 Old 02-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I put some high dollar bosch on my cherokee and they got hard in no time. So one of the original mopar blades split on my JK, I bought the mopar oem blades and they work well. I think that's the route I'm going to take from now on.

'07 Rubicon- BFG 35s MUD/TERRAIN KM2-Mickey Thompson Classic II -K&N Intake- Warn Elite front bumper - Warn ZEON 8s winch, American Rebel HD diff. cover
post #9 of 24 Old 02-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Rock God

My OEM wipers still work amazing after 8 months of ownership. it's amazing to me. I think when they start going I am simply going to replace with the same.

2009 Sahara Unlimited. 5.7L Hemi truck setup. Rock Krawler 5.5 coil over LA. Maxxis Trepador 40's . ATX Rims, XRC front rear and side armor. RROR Crusher corners, RROR flat flares. Warn XD9000i. Prorock 44 with RCV shafts. 5.13 gears, ARB front and rear lockers.
post #10 of 24 Old 02-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Rock God

i like and own the 16" rain-x blades with the frameless.

White 2012 Sahara, Switchblade rear bumper, 5 35" mud grapplers sitting in my spare bedroom waiting on my lift.
post #11 of 24 Old 02-16-2010, 08:36 PM
Rock God

the frameless goodyear ones they have at Costco right now work great in a 16" blade. like $7 a piece, well worth it
post #12 of 24 Old 03-25-2010, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff618 View Post
Found the newer-style frameless wiper blades for the JK generation of the Jeep Wrangler. After doing a lot of searching I found that the 'Trico Neoform Beam Blades' have a option that fits the Jeep wiper arms and the JK windshield. They're not 15" but they're 14" (the 1/2" difference on each side isn't noticable). They wipe excellent and are quiet - like them better than the old-school framed wipers. Came with removal and replacement instructions - easy install. Got them online.

I stuck with the smaller size because with the wisconsin ice and snow, I didn't want to put additional stress on the arms, linkage and motor(s). But it sounds like the 16" work fine anyway - I may try that next time around.

BTW, as a follow-up to my post above, I just got an email from wipers123.com and Trico is offering a $15 rebate on NeoForms through May 15th 2010. They also sent me an additional $5 instant coupon "springreturningcustomer" (orders over $30). Not sure when it expires... Godspeed

post #13 of 24 Old 03-25-2010, 07:02 AM
Rock God

Garage

I have been running 16"s for a whille now. Got real tired of trying to find 14's and 15's

07 JK 2/DR Sahara, 35" Wrangler kevlar, 10k Winch, Garvin Roof Rack, 3" Black Diamond, CatBack Exhaust, RR Gen-1 Snorkel, too much more to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Welcome to JKOWNERS- Home of boobs, guns, meat, and Jeeps.
post #14 of 24 Old 03-25-2010, 08:34 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I picked up the right sizes at Canadian tire, Reflex, work great, don't seem to freeze up and keep the windshield clean.

2014 JKU, Tera44, 4.56 gears, ARB lockers, RK 3.5" flex lift, ARB front & rear bumper, dual Viair 400C w/2 gallon tank, Zeon 10S, Nitto Tires, Genesis Dual battery kit, TeraFlex tie rod & flipped drag link, ARB Intensities and TeraFlex dual rate ST sway bar.
post #15 of 24 Old 03-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10kingsnake View Post
My OEM wipers still work amazing after 8 months of ownership. it's amazing to me. I think when they start going I am simply going to replace with the same.
I agree.

But get the OEM ones... Not the Canadian Tire "almost identical ones"...
They're missing a support arm and it shows!

OEM's worked great for me too...
post #16 of 24 Old 03-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Mine still work fine (5 months with winter included) but the rivets on the wiper frames are rusting. Looks like complete dog shit.

I'm replacing them with the frameless versions soon.
post #17 of 24 Old 03-25-2010, 06:53 PM
Rock God

Garage

i broke a blade in a bad storm once and had to buy a 16 just to hold me over till i found a 15 and it came up over the windshield and scratched the paint a bit

Steel Blue 07 2dr
"Its the A.M bitches, its time for donuts!"
Jersey
Crew
post #18 of 24 Old 03-29-2010, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcc687 View Post
i broke a blade in a bad storm once and had to buy a 16 just to hold me over till i found a 15 and it came up over the windshield and scratched the paint a bit
Yeah...thats what scares me too. I think it really depends on what generation of wrangler you have. I think some generations will handle the 16" and some won't. That's why I did the NeoForm in 14".

post #19 of 24 Old 03-29-2010, 08:07 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07unlimitedx View Post
I picked up the right sizes at Canadian tire, Reflex, work great, don't seem to freeze up and keep the windshield clean.
I used reflex wipers on my last car worked good, probably going to get em for the Jeep when the time comes.

2010 Sahara Unlimited. 33" Goodyear Duratracs, MOPAR Grab Handles front and Rugged ridge in back, SilverStar Platinum Head Lights, Gorilla Pod Video Camera Mount System,Kargo Master Kongo Cage,50" light bar, Rear tail light guards, gas cap cover locking, Smittybilt Jerry Can Holder, with Scepter military can, chopped stubby bumper... assorted decals . Other factory options.
post #20 of 24 Old 03-29-2010, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Arrow It may be the glass not the wiper

Quote:
A lot of times it depends on the condition of your windshield. The older the glass, the more tailgating you do, the more off-roading you do, the more you drive...etc...the more your glass gets pitted and the faster it tears-up the wiper blades. Usually you can push the original set up to 2 years depending on your driving because the glass is smooth and slippery. A lot of people bitch about their second set of OEM's because they wear out so fast compared to the first. Guess what? Its the glass, not the wiper. That's why I go aftermarket because after the first year or so, I just change them in fall and spring.

post #21 of 24 Old 04-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoojk View Post
yup..i have the 16" rainx lattitude. I will never use a different blade. So far well worth the money using a "euroblade" as we call it at Audi.
Jeff,

Have you heard anything about the Goodyear Assurance blades? They're supposed to be the Eurostyle as well. Costco has these blades for $8.

Those that the beast is looking for...
Listen in awe and you will hear him...
BARK AT THE MOON!
post #22 of 24 Old 04-07-2010, 09:56 AM
Rock God

Another question:

Does the 16" blade fall outside the wind shield when the blade is vertical? One member in this thread said he noticed that it did.

What's everyone's experience with this? If you don't know maybe you can turn your wipers on and check it out.

Thanks.

Those that the beast is looking for...
Listen in awe and you will hear him...
BARK AT THE MOON!
post #23 of 24 Old 04-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Rock God

Garage

looking at my windshield with the lovely, clearly defined yellow line from all that tree sperm floating around, it looks like the windshield has enough room for an extra half inch of wiper blade (one more inch = .5 inches on each end), the only thing about scratching the paint id worry about is if there is any part of the actual frame of the blade beyond the wiper part, then that would scratch the top of the windshield frame.

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
post #24 of 24 Old 04-13-2010, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloCS View Post
Jeff,

Have you heard anything about the Goodyear Assurance blades? They're supposed to be the Eurostyle as well. Costco has these blades for $8.
No, I haven't. We don't have Costco here in Wisconsin and Walmart doesn't carry Goodyear. I'm glad I switched to online buying because living in a small town is really hit or miss with things like wipers. Since 80%+ of all vehicles take the same wiper sizes and since 80%+ of all vehicle owners only buy them when its raining and they realize they can't risk it anymore, murphy's law is that the most common sizes are sold out a lot of the time. I got tired of wasting time and fuel. Anyway, I found some that work great for me and I found a new way of buying them - so I'm happy!! The kicker was finding the 14" which I never saw in stores.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode