GenRight's Elite Coilover Suspension on a BRAND new JKUR - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 Old 12-03-2014, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage
GenRight's Elite Coilover Suspension on a BRAND new JKUR

This customer brought their brand new Anvil JK to us for our Elite Coilover Suspension System and some GenRight Aluminum armor. This system is designed around Currie Rock Jocks 60s so we had to make some adjustments to install the system with factory Dana 44s. This is a complete system with all the suspension parts, new gas tanks, skids, etc.

For more info on the kit, check our website: http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo....4#.VH-N5jHF_E0

GenRight Off-Road - Genuine Ideas Engineered Right
4535 Runway Street, Simi Valley, California 93063
805-584-8635

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 Old 12-03-2014, 11:16 PM
Granite Guru

That's an awesome color. I wanna see it sitting on its own. What amount of lift will it come out to?
post #3 of 41 Old 12-04-2014, 07:16 AM
Wheeler

Your website needs a ton of help. When it works, it's painfully slow. When it doesn't work (like now), it does not represent your company very well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 41 Old 12-04-2014, 07:47 AM
Rock God

Garage

Damn, nice.... lets see more pics!
post #5 of 41 Old 12-04-2014, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlbeansbro View Post
That's an awesome color. I wanna see it sitting on its own. What amount of lift will it come out to?
They're coilovers so you can adjust ride height. This is the same system we use on our Terremoto JK and it's had everything from 37s to 42s on it.

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #6 of 41 Old 12-04-2014, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmguy75 View Post
Some may be dupes. I can't recall which ones I posted. Going from memory................

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #7 of 41 Old 12-04-2014, 12:59 PM
JKO Addict!

Impressive! What's the wheel travel spec f&r?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #8 of 41 Old 12-04-2014, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
Impressive! What's the wheel travel spec f&r?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
14"

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #9 of 41 Old 12-04-2014, 05:11 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenRight Off Road View Post
You guys sell these rear towers or that all custom for customer?

I think whoever owns that is going to be very happy!!! Nice work!
post #10 of 41 Old 12-04-2014, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Quote:
You guys sell these rear towers or that all custom for customer?

I think whoever owns that is going to be very happy!!! Nice work!
Those parts are only available as part of the kit. We had some very bad experiences in the past where folks tried to mix and match or piece together similar kits from GenRight. Then they bad mouthed GenRight when it didn't perform. Unfortunate...........

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #11 of 41 Old 12-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Granite Guru

Not trying to start a war and yes this is a sweet ride but I must say I helped a friend who spent way to much money with you guys and the stuff we received where "mixed and matched" at best. The cross member was for a completely different model and I was told "just cut and make it work like we do it's more of a universal part"? Looks like what you do in house is top notch though and ours turned out great as well so all is good. Just struck a nerve with me when I read your comment after some of what we went through.
post #12 of 41 Old 12-05-2014, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Here's two more. There's still a bunch of work to be done: Sliders will be installed today, ride height needs to be adjusted, etc.

Found out some more about the build as well.

300M RCVs front and rear, regeared, JE Reel 1350 driveshafts, upgraded King Shocks (externally adjustable and internal bypass), 10K WARN Zeon winch, Raceline Avengers wrapped in 37" Falken MTs, Reid Knuckles, PSC hydro assist and GenRight tierod and draglink setup! That's A LOT of nice parts!!

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #13 of 41 Old 12-05-2014, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illtrythat View Post
Not trying to start a war and yes this is a sweet ride but I must say I helped a friend who spent way to much money with you guys and the stuff we received where "mixed and matched" at best. The cross member was for a completely different model and I was told "just cut and make it work like we do it's more of a universal part"? Looks like what you do in house is top notch though and ours turned out great as well so all is good. Just struck a nerve with me when I read your comment after some of what we went through.
Can you send me more details on your experience? Or better yet, have your friend do that? chrishatgenrightdotcom.

That's not the kind of experience we want customers to have.

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #14 of 41 Old 12-05-2014, 09:42 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Some may be dupes. I can't recall which ones I posted. Going from memory................

Are those reinforced axle tubes?
post #15 of 41 Old 12-06-2014, 08:12 AM
Rock God

Really like the reinforced cross section integrated into the rear towers.

I get that it includes a set of King C/O's and bumps, but having a tough time wrapping my head around the 14K buy in.

Last edited by Descent; 12-06-2014 at 08:35 AM.
post #16 of 41 Old 12-09-2014, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descent View Post
Really like the reinforced cross section integrated into the rear towers.

I get that it includes a set of King C/O's and bumps, but having a tough time wrapping my head around the 14K buy in.
New fuel cell, new aluminum skids, etc. It's a complete system.

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #17 of 41 Old 12-09-2014, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Wheels are Raceline Avengers. If you haven;t seen them, they're relatively new and they're Jk specific. Tires are 37" Falken Wildpeak MTs.

A local upholstery shop made us some nice covers for the shocks towers.

Still needs some winch line.

And the ride height still needs to be adjusted.

This customer opted to upgrade the Kings and add their air bumps. Nice!

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #18 of 41 Old 12-10-2014, 07:14 AM
Rock God

Garage

I'll say it again. Absolutely stellar.

What about that RAM location though? It looks like it's between the tie rod and the axle, rather than above the tie rod. Personally, that would get damaged on my jeep with that set up.
Attached Images

post #19 of 41 Old 12-10-2014, 07:34 AM
Rock God

Garage

here is a pic of what someone else did to compensate for the new height adjustment for those knuckles.
Attached Images

post #20 of 41 Old 12-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Well, I know what I want for Christmas. Awesome work, I love the triangulated 4 link rear and shock towers. Great stuff!
post #21 of 41 Old 12-10-2014, 08:09 AM
Rock God

Thats a lot of coin to drop and then keep your badass D44's...just sayin.

2014 JKUR, 3.5" X Factor RK lift, 40" Nitto Trail Grappler's, RIPP supercharger and UD60s.
post #22 of 41 Old 12-10-2014, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Pharmguy,

I'm still waiting to hear back on the ram placement.

So it's done and ready to be delivered. This is a great build! We installed the sliders, set the ride height and tested clearances. We added some Master-Pull synthetic line with a Factor55 Prolink, an LEDWarehouse.com 50" single row light bar with our GenRight lights mounts.

And the pics!!

Are you guys running a Prolink on your winchline? If not, you should check them out. It's one of my favorite additions to my Jeep!

LEDWarehouse.com 50" single row bar with Carolina Metal Masters light locks and our light mounts:

With this kit, the fuel tank gets relocated to the rear to allow for max articulation!

With this system you also get an aluminum skidpalte. Notice that everyhting is flat underneath. Even the control arm mounts are moved up, out of harm's way.

Is it Flexy Friday yet?

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #23 of 41 Old 12-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Rock God

Very nice work! Looks great.

I have a question. Can you shed some light on the pros and cons of mounting the rear coilovers inside the frame vs outside the frame? Just curious...........

I run your bumpers, but I powder coated mine. The raw AL looks nice with that color.
post #24 of 41 Old 12-10-2014, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Made in the U.S.A.

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucleophile View Post
Very nice work! Looks great.

I have a question. Can you shed some light on the pros and cons of mounting the rear coilovers inside the frame vs outside the frame? Just curious...........

I run your bumpers, but I powder coated mine. The raw AL looks nice with that color.
The simple answer is the con is you have to cut the frame and the tub to inboard them. But inboarded is where they belong. Much more stable.

805-584-8635

/
/
/
/

post #25 of 41 Old 12-11-2014, 06:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
The simple answer is the con is you have to cut the frame and the tub to inboard them. But inboarded is where they belong. Much more stable.
Uhh outboarded is where they belong for better stability. Don't you remember the old Pontiac commercials? Wider is better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode