question for those running rubicon express lifts - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 02-12-2010, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

question for those running rubicon express lifts

have any of you had any issues with their shocks? I know the are made by bilstein. I have the 4 1/2" long arm kit, and yes sad to say it hasnt even been wheeled yet.. and one front shock is puking everywhere both rear shocks are starting to leak. this is only 1 year old, its been a mall crawler all its life. contacted RE only thing that has been said is. those shouldnt be doing that. sent them pictures, then nothing so i e mailed again, reply was we sent the pictures to our rep at bilstein.

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
now just kicking it as a civilian
I served so your lazy ass didnt have to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 02-12-2010, 07:42 AM
Wheeler

Give them a call and explain. They have great customer service and I would be surprized if they didn't help you out. Good luck.

09JKU Rubicon, 5.13 gears, 35's, Bilstein 5100s RK3.5", EVO sleeves and gussets, Bushwacker flats, Superchips.
post #3 of 17 Old 02-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Granite Guru

I've never had any probs with mine and I wheel the hell out of it. I've got the RE bb, so whatever shocks come with it. Yeah I'd suggest calling them. I bet they'll work with ya.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 02-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

RE 4 1/2" long-arm lift and the Bilstein/ RE shocks. About 12,000 miles- lots of off-road/ crawling/ daily driving. Never a single issue with leaking or deteriorated performance.

No doubt they should replace it for you......I would think.

Good luck.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #5 of 17 Old 02-12-2010, 06:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

dont feel bad man all 4 of mine leak like crazy i will be replacing them with coilovers soon anyway

www.jeepasylum.com
post #6 of 17 Old 02-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

I had a right rear shock start leaking on me. just over a year old. RE sent a replacement to the shop that put it on and paid for the labor. good as it gets. better get that fixed soon before it fucks your tires up.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
post #7 of 17 Old 02-13-2010, 07:24 AM
JKowners Vendor

I would suspect that you were given the wrong length of shocks for your lift kit (it happened to me once last year with an RE lift--they were too short, but we caught it when we realized the fully extended shock barely reached the mount). Did you read the actual number off of the shocks? Give those to the customer service rep and check them against what SHOULD be on your Jeep with a 4.5".

Nena Barlow

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #8 of 17 Old 02-13-2010, 07:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep School View Post
I would suspect that you were given the wrong length of shocks for your lift kit (it happened to me once last year with an RE lift--they were too short, but we caught it when we realized the fully extended shock barely reached the mount). Did you read the actual number off of the shocks? Give those to the customer service rep and check them against what SHOULD be on your Jeep with a 4.5".
more than likely its the oppisite

the bilsten shocks they use for the 4.5 kit are borderline to long at full stuff you can get the rear spring to pop out and the front springs come unseated and spin all the time.

i think they are just crap id you ask me

here are mine with less that 2500 miles

www.jeepasylum.com
post #9 of 17 Old 02-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Dirty View Post
dont feel bad man all 4 of mine leak like crazy i will be replacing them with coilovers soon anyway
Oh really?? Do your wife and realtor know about this??

post #10 of 17 Old 02-13-2010, 07:33 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFCCotton View Post
Oh really?? Do your wife and realtor know about this??

the wifey knows and the realtor is the one making it possible

www.jeepasylum.com
post #11 of 17 Old 02-20-2010, 09:11 AM

Tera Flex bushing failures

I actually got the genuine Bilstiens and have had no problems. The Rubicon Express 4" lift is my problem. All of the bushings have split on all but one control arm and now have to be replaced. System is 6 months old and never been abused. I guess I should have used the Tera Flex in the first place!!! As a side note, the garage I took it to said they replace on average bushings on 2-3 rigs per week on the Rubicon Express control arms. Looks like I'll replace all of the control arms with the Trea Flex and stop messing with poorly manufactured products.
post #12 of 17 Old 02-22-2010, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

well still waiting around and rubicon express still hasnt done anything... You would think that they would replace the shocks, then deal with bilstein, because its not bilsteins name on everything, its RUBICON EXPRESS!!!. I'm sorry but so far their customer service and warranty has been piss poor. my rubber bushing are splitting also

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
post #13 of 17 Old 02-22-2010, 06:44 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I should have a new test set of rubber bushings next week some time I have gone thru 6 complete sets of bushings and 3 sets uf rear upper arms in just over a year. They feel that they got the bushings right this time so we shall see. I got the same story on the shocks they said i can buy new ones and send mine in and they will credit my card if the shocks were bad, or i can send them in and wait for bilsien to look at them. So ill just wit till i save soem cash to do coilovers in the front and fox shocks in the rear

www.jeepasylum.com
post #14 of 17 Old 02-22-2010, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

well i sure wont recommend them for anything anymore they lost this customer.

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
post #15 of 17 Old 02-26-2010, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

well its been 2 weeks now, have sent a couple e-mails, and cant even get a response back from them....WTF.. great customer service. I have people ask me daily how I like my lift, I use to tell them oh its awesome, now i say, its made by a piece of shit company that wont even honor their own warranty.

18 BRAVO
panama
kuwait
somalia
bosnia
cuba
post #16 of 17 Old 02-26-2010, 10:29 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECHAD View Post
well its been 2 weeks now, have sent a couple e-mails, and cant even get a response back from them....WTF.. great customer service. I have people ask me daily how I like my lift, I use to tell them oh its awesome, now i say, its made by a piece of shit company that wont even honor their own warranty.
Have you called them?? I have had nothing but stellar customer service with RE and I have called anytime I needed anything. Nothing replaces a voice on the phone and get the name of the person you spoke to.

2007 JK, 4.5" RE LA kit, ATLAS4spd, ARB rear w/ Superiors, Rubi front w/RCV axles, 5.38's, 40" KM2's, 18x10 Raceline Beadlocks, 1"BL, Poly Rockers, RR corners, PS fenders, etc...the list goes on.
post #17 of 17 Old 02-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Rock God

I don't know how long you've been around Jeeps but RE's customer service has always been questionable. I had the same issues you're having with their monotube shocks on my TJ.

I vowed not to buy their shit again after paying a ton for it and yeilding the same results as a "lesser" company who my friend used on his Rubicon.

Replace them shits if you've had em for a year. Its probably null and void at this point to spend anymore emotion or time on trying to deal with them. They got their money.

Will you post a full size pic of your avatar please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode