1" or 2" BL lift? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 02-09-2010, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

1" or 2" BL lift?

Thinking of doing a 1" Body lift, was looking at the MORE 1" kit, it sells for $179 CDN, then I came across a Zone Offroad 2" Body lift, complete with bumper relocatin brackets for $139 CDN.

So what would be the pro's and con's of doing a 2" over a 1" body lift? Instalation should be the same for both, a bit longer for the bumper brackets on the 2".

Mike B

08' Jeep Wrangler
08' Dodge Avenger SXT (winter beater)
64' Plymouth Sport Fury(sold)
58' Triumph TR-3A(in 1,000,000 pieces)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-09-2010, 10:17 AM
JKO Addict!

not sure if this helps -

i have the one inch by more and like it (zero complaints)

if you have a stick shift i heard of issues with the gear shifter on body lifts.

the two inch shows a bigger gap by the rear bumper and thats the only issue i've seen/heard
post #3 of 11 Old 02-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Rock God

Just to toss this out there... Rough Country has a 2.5 buget Boost for $139 US. I ordered it from their site, and with shipping to Yukon (which is always expensive) was around $180 CND.

I've never lifted a jeep before.. but I figure I might as well only do it once... no point in getting an inch, then deciding to get a few more... and 2.5 will clear up to 35's (I'm only going with 33's), but it should last a while...

2012 Silver JKU Rubicon
5 speed auto, 4.10s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For all your protection needs:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

M101 trailer, RTT, Awning, etc
5 wide Little Guy Rough Rider Teardrop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 02-09-2010, 10:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Why mess with a body lift. If you're only going for 1-2", then get a leveling kit. That should net you 2" up front and 1" in the rear to level it out and let you run your 33's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #5 of 11 Old 02-09-2010, 02:23 PM
fnc
Rock God

I went with the Daystar 1" body lift / 1.75" spacer lift combo kit. After installing the body lift and the front spacers, everything was fairly level (1/2" difference between the front and rear) so I didn't bother installing the rear spacers. I've been driving around with it for a few days now and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Looks great and feels great. After I tow my camper a few times this summer, I'll see if I want to install the rear spacers.

I posted in the write up section about the body lift. I have some pics from the spacer lift that I have to get posted yet. I'll have to see if I have some before pics so I can do a side by side comparison post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I can taste your meat from all the way up here.
post #6 of 11 Old 02-09-2010, 02:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

talk to SEPAJK, he had a 2" BL and ran into all kids of electrical issues. apparently stresses on the body to frame grounding straps. i have a 1" BL and the biggest issue was the inner shift boot on the 6 speed. personally, i think a 2" BL is way over kill. too much visible space left from the lift

post #7 of 11 Old 02-09-2010, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Just to toss this out there... Rough Country has a 2.5 buget Boost for $139 US. I ordered it from their site, and with shipping to Yukon (which is always expensive) was around $180 CND.

I've never lifted a jeep before.. but I figure I might as well only do it once... no point in getting an inch, then deciding to get a few more... and 2.5 will clear up to 35's (I'm only going with 33's), but it should last a while...
Try northridge4x4.ca they are in Alberta and ship ANYWHERE in Canada FREE on orders over $100

Mike B

08' Jeep Wrangler
post #8 of 11 Old 02-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via MSN to superdavis78 Send a message via Yahoo to superdavis78 Send a message via Skype™ to superdavis78

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
Why mess with a body lift. If you're only going for 1-2", then get a leveling kit. That should net you 2" up front and 1" in the rear to level it out and let you run your 33's.

I got the Teraflex leveling kit 2" front and 1" rear....It's around $129 with shipping included, just order over the phone and tell them you are a JKO member.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport
post #9 of 11 Old 02-11-2010, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdavis78 View Post
I got the Teraflex leveling kit 2" front and 1" rear....It's around $129 with shipping included, just order over the phone and tell them you are a JKO member.
Already have a Rough Country 1.75" lift, just wanted to get another inch without breaking the bank!

Mike B

08' Jeep Wrangler
post #10 of 11 Old 02-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron View Post
Already have a Rough Country 1.75" lift, just wanted to get another inch without breaking the bank!
Then add a 1" BL and you're fine. Instant room for 35s...
post #11 of 11 Old 02-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Granite Guru

Send a message via MSN to VEGASSMAN Send a message via Yahoo to VEGASSMAN

I am really happy with the Rough Country 1.25" BL...
$99 for 2dr, $109 for 4dr

I like the puck design...holds the bolts in place. Seems more stable to me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode