Raxiom or Rosen - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 11-19-2014, 09:11 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Raxiom or Rosen

Need help deciding between the rosen cs-cr1210-us http://www.amazon.com/CarShow-CS-CR1.../dp/B00DMN48D2 and the Raxiom http://www.extremeterrain.com/raxiom...k-j101300.html . I called extreme terrain and the guy I talked to was very nice but couldnt quite tell me why their Raxiom model was better than the Rosen.

These 2 units seem VERY similar. I thought I was set on the Rosen. I need actually experience with these. Can you guys tell me what you went with, or what you know on differences.

And best price where you bought yours
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 11-19-2014, 09:55 AM
Wheeler

If you are interested in the OEM look & are willing to spend just a bit more, give the Insane Jeep Audio unit a look. Sorry I don't have knowledge first hand on any of these units but I am interested in an upgrade as well & would want to know all the players out there.
post #3 of 10 Old 11-19-2014, 04:27 PM
Wheeler

I noticed that the Raxiom from XT says it comes with the backup camera and the Rosen just says it works with a backup camera but its not included. I would verify that with XT though.

Also, one of the reviews says that the OEM satellite did not work with the Rosen.

Sorry, I have no first hand knowledge, just gave it a quick look as I am interested in upgrading mine some time down the road.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 11-20-2014, 05:59 AM
Rock God

Garage

Im pretty sure those are basically the same unit. I just bought the Raxium unit through XT and there is Rosen branding included on it. I think it was some partnership thing or something.

when purchased from XT, a bullet style backup camera is included. As is a mic, new sat antenna and all the wiring harnesses you need. I did not have the stock sat radio, but to my knowledge, it will NOT work with this unit. this unit has its own sat radio antenna.

check out my post in the Write Ups if you want to see more. https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230337

Last edited by pizzaman; 11-20-2014 at 06:03 AM.
post #5 of 10 Old 11-20-2014, 06:36 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post
Im pretty sure those are basically the same unit. I just bought the Raxium unit through XT and there is Rosen branding included on it. I think it was some partnership thing or something.

when purchased from XT, a bullet style backup camera is included. As is a mic, new sat antenna and all the wiring harnesses you need. I did not have the stock sat radio, but to my knowledge, it will NOT work with this unit. this unit has its own sat radio antenna.

check out my post in the Write Ups if you want to see more. https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230337
Thank you for answering those questions and thank you again for that great write up/review!

Raxiom did work closely with Rosen when developing this unit. It is completely plug and play and looks factory in any JK. The back up camera is included and the only additional part you would need to add is the XM antenna if you want that feature. The factory antenna will not work with this unit.

If anyone has any additional questions or wants a quote on the Raxiom Navigation System, just shoot me a PM!

-Ryan

Jake R. |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Off-Road Outfitters

Toll Free: 800-988-4605 | Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST
Free Shipping on Orders Over $75!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PM me for our JKOwners Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
post #6 of 10 Old 11-21-2014, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for the info. I have been talking with XTRyan and he has been very helpful. This systems looks to be exactly what I have been looking for. Buying mine this week from Extreme Terrain.
post #7 of 10 Old 11-21-2014, 10:38 AM
Rock God

I've seen stuff from this Raxiom company pop up from time to time. Who are they? Do they actually manufacturer or design all their stuff? Or are they just like the other million companies that import the same bulk produced shit from China and slap their sticker on it?

2007 Sahara Unlimited - Dana 60/14 Bolt - 5.38's with ARBs - 40x13.50x17 Goodyear MTRs - 3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor Plus - Rubi Rock Rails - XRC 10,000lb Winch
post #8 of 10 Old 11-21-2014, 10:59 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
I've seen stuff from this Raxiom company pop up from time to time. Who are they? Do they actually manufacturer or design all their stuff? Or are they just like the other million companies that import the same bulk produced shit from China and slap their sticker on it?

google can be powerful....

raxiom.com

they mostly do lighting for Mustangs and Jeeps. According to their website, they "work closely with the most trustworthy Mustang and Wrangler aftermarket parts suppliers to deliver a wide range of products."

for the unit mentioned here, they partnered with Rosen to develop it. according to Rosen's website, they started in the 80s making aviation electronics. Also, they claim to be the first OEM validated and approved mobile video supplier for the following companies:

Cadillac
Chevrolet
GMC
Land Rover
Mazda
Mercedes Benz
Oldsmobile
Pontiac
Toyota

so Raxiom partnered with Rosen to develop the unit and XT to market and sell it.

I have lots of free time at work today.
post #9 of 10 Old 04-06-2016, 07:31 PM
Wheeler

How do you like your raxiom navigation system?
post #10 of 10 Old 11-23-2016, 01:08 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Beware Insane Audio has the worst customer Relations.

2007 Jk Rubicon
1952 M38A1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode