SuperWinch LP10000 - Thoughts or comments? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 02-05-2010, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

SuperWinch LP10000 - Thoughts or comments?

I can get a REALLY good deal on a Superwinch LP10000, but really know squat about winches. I probably don't even NEED a winch for the minimal amount of off-road I do...and that is not even in overly nasty terrain - but who knows....this may tempt me to get into more fun/trouble. It would probably be used more for utilitatian things rather than pulling out the Jeep.

Anways...anyone experienced with the LP series (particularly the 10000) and mounting it etc.

Would likely be mounting it in the Mopar winch bumper - if it fits that is.

Tks...

Grant
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 02-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Wheeler

I don't have the 10000 but i do have the lp 8500 and the only complaint that i have about it is that the finish on it fades extremely fast in the sun but its not really a big deal
post #3 of 12 Old 10-13-2010, 06:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Reviving a thread ...this winch in on sale at Amazon $370.79 and free shipping. Pushing the "GET IT" button tonight as a birthday present to me ...especially if I keep drinking scotch.

Any users? Opinions?

Cheers.

My Build Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NE Trail Ride Thread ~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Want Jeep Mods? Marcus Has It!! ~ River City Offroad
Adrenaline Offroad
~ Best Jeep shop in the Washington DC area!![/COLOR]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 10-13-2010, 06:54 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

When I spoke with the Superwinch rep, he said that the LP10,000 was a solid winch and was designed mostly for the weekend wheeler as a budget-friendly entry-level winch. He said it was the same technology as the 8500, but that the EPi Series winches are an altogether different beast. I think if you went with an LP10,000 it'd be more than enough pulling power for most situations and should be ok. I was always sort of dead set on the EPi9.0 and when one came along, I ended up getting it. Some places are selling the EPi 9.0 for only about $40 more than the LP10,000 I think

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #5 of 12 Old 10-13-2010, 06:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneszj View Post
When I spoke with the Superwinch rep, he said that the LP10,000 was a solid winch and was designed mostly for the weekend wheeler as a budget-friendly entry-level winch. He said it was the same technology as the 8500, but that the EPi Series winches are an altogether different beast. I think if you went with an LP10,000 it'd be more than enough pulling power for most situations and should be ok. I was always sort of dead set on the EPi9.0 and when one came along, I ended up getting it. Some places are selling the EPi 9.0 for only about $40 more than the LP10,000 I think

That price for the epi was the case a few weeks ago ...I'm now kicking myself in the ass for not pulling the trigger.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Adrenaline Offroad
post #6 of 12 Old 10-13-2010, 07:02 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Actually ...Amazon has the EPi 9.0 for $577 and free shipping. That's not bad!!! ...upgrade to synthetic rope later.

My Build Thread ~

NE Trail Ride Thread ~

Adrenaline Offroad
post #7 of 12 Old 10-13-2010, 07:55 PM
JKO Addict!

i was going to get the lp10000 from amazon until i got my smitty 12k for a deal. Thats a good price on the 10k

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #8 of 12 Old 10-13-2010, 08:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-jeep View Post
Actually ...Amazon has the EPi 9.0 for $577 and free shipping. That's not bad!!! ...upgrade to synthetic rope later.
You can buy one off eBay from a shop in NJ. Brand new. Its at OK4WD. Looks like its $549 on their site.

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #9 of 12 Old 03-31-2014, 09:20 PM
Wheeler

Bump! I'm looking to buy either an LP10000 or the X9 later on this year, and I'd like to hear more input on either one. Looking to stay in the Superwinch family as we always had Superwinch winches on our family ATVs and I've never seen a piece of equipment go through so much hell and come out working!

And GO!

Tyler R. - Ansonia, CT
Silver '12 JKRU
6-speed, soft top, 2.5" TF Lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, Superwinch TS9500 winch, M.O.R.E. oil pan/trans skid, Skid Row exhaust loop skid, Dominion evap relocation,*Smittybilt Oversized Tiire Carrier and Cibie headlights.
post #10 of 12 Old 03-31-2014, 09:36 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

just like mentioned above.

I have the lp8500. zero complaints, but like also stated above I did have the stickers fade and start falling off due to sun exposure. I ran into a superwinch rep and told him about it. He send me new stickers and a bunch of other stuff to make it right !

I will def buy another superwinch if the time comes !

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #11 of 12 Old 04-01-2014, 08:56 AM
JKO Addict!

The LP is not a bad winch, but the Tiger Shark is better still in a number of ways, and just a hair more expensive than the LP. There is a vendor here called Superwinchexperts. Ping those guys. They gave me a hell of a deal, best prices on the net and free shipping.

A society that puts equality before freedom will get neither. A society that puts freedom before equality will get a high degree of both.
-Milton Friedman
post #12 of 12 Old 04-01-2014, 05:07 PM
Wheeler

I was actually looking at the Tiger Shark first. The PL10000 is about $100 more expensive than the TS9500, I assume for the extra 500 lb pulling capacity, but upon review the TS9500 does appear to be superior. For $350 to my door, I think I know what I want my birthday present from the wife to be... October can't get here fast enough!

Tyler R. - Ansonia, CT
Silver '12 JKRU
6-speed, soft top, 2.5" TF Lift, 35" Treadwright Guard Dogs, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, Superwinch TS9500 winch, M.O.R.E. oil pan/trans skid, Skid Row exhaust loop skid, Dominion evap relocation,*Smittybilt Oversized Tiire Carrier and Cibie headlights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode