2 1/2 week wait has begun, OR-Fab cage ordered! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 02-04-2010, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

2 1/2 week wait has begun, OR-Fab cage ordered!

I'm a pain in the ass because i wanted a raw steel cage to paint white, so they are making one and sending it to me. Looking at about 2 1/2-3 weeks. Very exciting! Got the whole front OR-Fab sport cage and floor mount. I will either find a local shop to do a rear cage addition, go with the poly or rock hard setup. Haven't decided yet.

Will post pics when its all in!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 02-05-2010, 01:12 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Congrats!...surprised you didn't just elect to either paint over or sandblast the factory finish.....

I just picked myself up a new welder so now the possibilities are endless. Though my skills are no where near to par for a cage.......yet!

/

post #3 of 11 Old 02-05-2010, 07:16 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Just sounds like more work to scuff and paint over their black than it is to just clean and paint it my own self.

| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 02-05-2010, 08:02 AM
JKowners Vendor

Awesome--looking forward to pics. Kudos for going with some good protection next!

Nena Barlow

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #5 of 11 Old 02-05-2010, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I saw this less than a week ago, you'll see him pass my JK in the video. Motivation for sure...

I've been talking about getting one due to the stock cage just not doing much when you need it. Both of those guys got out without a scratch, I just want mine to hold up a bit better, be able to open the doors if i'm on my lid, just have a better shot and being alright when the dust settles..

YouTube - A Dave Card Rollover.mp4

post #6 of 11 Old 02-05-2010, 08:13 AM
Rock God

Garage

now my question is how come no one moved when that shit was flipping over?

congrats on the cage man

2008 BLACK Unlimited Sahara
Poly Performance 3"on 35" Xterrains and 15" Soft 8s, Front Pro Rock 44, FLW Front Prerunner, FLW Rear Bumper, FLW Rock Sliders, River Raider Gen2 Snorkel, Superior 5.13s,
and

post #7 of 11 Old 02-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by joePILE View Post

congrats on the cage man
There was only one guy within any real proximity to the jeep and I didn't think he was in danger of getting hit. Looks like he didn't either or I suspect his ass would have moved back. No question though to the poster here, if you are into this kind of offroading and don't run a cage you are asking for trouble.

2009 Sahara Unlimited. 5.7L Hemi truck setup. Rock Krawler 5.5 coil over LA. Maxxis Trepador 40's . ATX Rims, XRC front rear and side armor. RROR Crusher corners, RROR flat flares. Warn XD9000i. Prorock 44 with RCV shafts. 5.13 gears, ARB front and rear lockers.
post #8 of 11 Old 02-05-2010, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joePILE View Post

congrats on the cage man
Moving towards the roll or away? He landed on flat ground, wasn't going anywhere or close to anyone. As far as towards it, it takes a few seconds to realize what just happened. Everyone scrambled about the time the video ended.

post #9 of 11 Old 02-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Rock God

The real question is did you make it past that obstacle?

Jon

08 Rubicon
post #10 of 11 Old 02-05-2010, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

He was the second one to try it, nobody tried it after that one..I may be dumb, but not that dumb! lol

post #11 of 11 Old 02-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Rock God

You are going to HATE that roll cage. Send it to me, I'll "dispose of" (read install) it for you.

-Established April 1, 1983-
No dues, No rules, No President
ALL FUN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode