Wrangler Build for Phoenix Children's Hospital - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 11-11-2014, 06:09 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Wrangler Build for Phoenix Children's Hospital

Hey, all,

* I posted this in the SW section, but got no responses, so thought I'd go wide.

I wanted to introduce you to a charity car program I have launched as a board member of the Phoenix Children's Hospital Foundation. I have personally purchased and built/restored two sports cars that I donated to the hospital and, just this week, I purchased a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited to be sold at the live auction at the PCH's Beach Ball event next February (hoping to raise $40,000 plus). I already have a few vendors and shops ready to offer free or substantial discounts on parts and labor for this build -- wanting to add wheels, tires, suspension, engine performance, stereo, paint and body work, brakes, hard top, upholstery, etc. The little Pontiac Solstice I am just finishing and donating has over $15,000 worth of free parts and labor on it.

At the end of the day, this Jeep will have a custom look inside and out, 400 supercharged horsepower, new leather interior, hard top, high end audio, etc. I think it will appeal to any number of the hospital supporters at the Beach Ball -- it's the perfect second vehicle for a home in Flagstaff, Park City, etc. The cool thing about this project is that even a guy with a stable of exotic vehicles would still love to drive a custom Jeep.

Be clear, there is a good chance that this will not end up being off-roaded, and I don't want to stir up that debate. But, as we know, people will spend a pretty penny on a custom Wrangler, and if the proceeds are going to the kids at the hospital, who cares what the owner does with it, right?

Let me know if anyone in the Jeep community might want to come on board, vendors, shops, or owners, and help with this project. If parts are in great shape, they don't have to be new. We recently secured a color change via a wrap as well as wheels and tires from Discount Tire Direct.

Be sure to see the Jeep and get more info on the program at

www.facebook.com/wheelsforwheels

Thanks so much,
Scott Bindley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode