Long arm vrs mid arm - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-10-2014, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Long arm vrs mid arm

I have 200 miles on my 14 2dr jk. I'm doing a build before it gets dirty... I doing a 3-1/2 in RK X-factor lift. My dilemma is the mid arm or long arm! The price diff is about 1000$ between kits, less the install. Is it worth the $ and time to install? I'm going to run 37's with flat fenders. Not daily driver, but besides the road washouts, riverbeds, blast rock, I will take road trips on hwy's to explore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-11-2014, 04:46 AM
Rock God

Can we start reporting these type threads? This has been answered a hundred times over.

2010 2 door manual sport
post #3 of 8 Old 11-11-2014, 05:01 AM
JKO Addict!

We can band together and not post any responses other than "UTFS," or "use the fucking search."

OP, do you know what your Jeep can do stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 11-11-2014, 07:10 AM
JKowners Vendor

If it can fit in your budget, the long arm in our opinion is certainly worth it...

Nothing provides better balance off-road than suspension that has no binding points.... That is of course, just our opinion...

RK
post #5 of 8 Old 11-11-2014, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Thx. I'm a noob, I'll figure it out
post #6 of 8 Old 11-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Granite Guru

The Long Arm RK is an incredible off road set up. Just be aware that the $1000 price difference is just on the lift parts. You will pay 3 times as much on install and exhaust work needed. BUT if you have the cash it is the way to go!!! Our company rig has the 3.5" Long Arm coil overs

RPMFAB
(480)329-2992

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 8 Old 11-15-2014, 05:37 PM
JKO Addict!

Mid arm is a made up marketing term to make you think you are getting something special, which you are not. IF you have to ask about the differences I highly doubt you should even be considering a long arm suspension.

Some build info here:

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
post #8 of 8 Old 11-15-2014, 06:57 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Mid arm is a made up marketing term to make you think you are getting something special, which you are not. IF you have to ask about the differences I highly doubt you should even be considering a long arm suspension.
Boom... your question answered in three lines.

Honestly, go out and wheel it. I'm almost certain that the Jeep, as is, can out wheel you. What I mean is that the Jeep is capable of more than what you're willing to do.

Reading forums and doing a hypothetical build is good and bad. 8 months ago I would have told you that I planned on going with a certain brands 3.5" lift, 35's, different tires and a very particular 17" alloy wheel. Now, I'm on another brands 2.5" lift, going to different 35's (I spent all season on 33's, I did fine) and I'm a big advocate for 15" wheels, they are steel and I love em. Rather than building the Jeep all at once, I did it bits at a time. It kinda sucked but I'm glad I did, cause I know what works and what I don't need.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode