JKOwners Forum banner

Metal Cloak Suspension Opinions

7K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  ratchettt 
#1 · (Edited)
Im looking a used JKRU and it has the Metal Cloak suspension on it. I haven't heard much about it. All the research I've done it seems to be a pretty solid lift kit. It is the 3.5 Game Changer suspension with adjustable links and solid 1 ton tie rods and drag link. My question is, is this a good lift? How does it compare to the AEV 3.5 kit?
Thanks in advance
WN

#3 ·
Yep, great lift and probably one of the best out there.

The 6-pack shocks might be overkill unless you plan to use their Overland fenders too and need crazy articulation.

#4 ·
Im looking a used JKRU and it has the Metal Cloak suspension on it. I haven't heard much about it. All the research I've done it seems to be a pretty solid lift kit. It is the 3.5 Game Changer suspension with adjustable links and solid 1 ton tie rods and drag link.
Thanks in advance
WN
Did you drive it? That will tell you a lot about it as well.

#7 ·
As a note to the OP, if you decide to pick up this rig, send me a PM with your details (name, etc) do I can add you to our database.

At Metalcloak we have FULLY TRANSFERABLE Lifetime Customer Service, so if you ever have a problem with this kit, we will be more then happy to help you out.

#15 ·
When you look at each suspension component one by one Metal Cloak beats AEV in every category IMO. AEV is nice, but its for the masses. Learn about JK suspension in detail and you will understand why MC is top notch. The test drive should reveal the quality of the suspension. Too bad you can't ride in a Rough Country or similar lifted JK before getting into the MC JK... It would be day and night difference and give you a better understanding of the superior quality of Metal Cloak

Haha I think I've made my opinion clear

#17 ·
Your research should tell you MC is one of the very best out there, priemere quality with researched design and good customer service. They are not well known in the Southeast as AEV and others seem to be. I read and searched alot and chose them above all others at a time I could have had any kit. Definately good to go IMO.

PS. All the seasoned shop owners around here applaude the handling and ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.