Where do you jack your rig using a hi-lift? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 02-04-2010, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Where do you jack your rig using a hi-lift?

Having a sahara with the factory side steps and an xrc front and rear angled bumbers I'm am confused as to what locations I would use to lift my rig when needed. I doubt it is cool to lift the truck from the steps and doubt the small arm could reach under anything on the bumbers to crank. Ideas?

2009 Sahara Unlimited. 5.7L Hemi truck setup. Rock Krawler 5.5 coil over LA. Maxxis Trepador 40's . ATX Rims, XRC front rear and side armor. RROR Crusher corners, RROR flat flares. Warn XD9000i. Prorock 44 with RCV shafts. 5.13 gears, ARB front and rear lockers.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 02-04-2010, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

By the way, whoever suggested sliding the hi-lift under the back seat in an unlimited is a genius. The thing was made to fit there and doesn't make a peep. Thanks.

2009 Sahara Unlimited. 5.7L Hemi truck setup. Rock Krawler 5.5 coil over LA. Maxxis Trepador 40's . ATX Rims, XRC front rear and side armor. RROR Crusher corners, RROR flat flares. Warn XD9000i. Prorock 44 with RCV shafts. 5.13 gears, ARB front and rear lockers.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 02-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Rock God

Garage

With those bumpers your limited to using your shackles as the jacking point. Just make sure you don't go cheap, and pick up shackles that will support the weight of your Jeep. Also watch the angle of your Hi-Lift. When you get the jeep raised up, it can get pretty tippy, and you don't want it coming down...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 02-04-2010, 09:04 AM
JKowners Vendor

Lose the side steps and get some real protection. Seriously, the rockers are probably the number one place I use my hi-lift--typically to un-high-center. As for your bumpers, without looking at them, it's hard to say, but I like to place the tongue of the hi-lift just inside a nice heavy bolts or something that is likely to prevent it from sliding off. How long is your hi-lift?

Nena Barlow

-- downloadable maps & trailbooks

post #5 of 7 Old 02-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Rock God

Not many options yet with your setup accpet for what has been mentioned. There is a hi-lift strap that can be used to assist but as said before you might want to add some points like solid sliders. I will recommend also that you use a strap that goes both to the left and right of the hi-lift when in use to help in stability side to side.

One questions is are you lifted? I didn't see that in your sig. I think you could use your stock jack also if not with 35" tires but I could be wrong. Really depends allot on your scenario when needing to lift.

jk-forum, jk forum, jkforum, jeep jk wrangler, jk-forum.com, jeepforum, jk-board.com, wayoflife, 2007 jk, 2008 jk, 2009 jk, 2010 jk, jk, jk wrangler
Quote:
Never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.[/SIZE][/B]
post #6 of 7 Old 02-04-2010, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE Wrangling View Post
Not many options yet with your setup accpet for what has been mentioned. There is a hi-lift strap that can be used to assist but as said before you might want to add some points like solid sliders. I will recommend also that you use a strap that goes both to the left and right of the hi-lift when in use to help in stability side to side.

One questions is are you lifted? I didn't see that in your sig. I think you could use your stock jack also if not with 35" tires but I could be wrong. Really depends allot on your scenario when needing to lift.
Yeah I have 3.5" of lift on 35's. I'd hate to get rid of the factory steps unless someone bought them seeing as how their perfect. I tried selling them once with no bites. I do like the aftermarket rails they have out so I guess I gotta get more proactive with looking.

post #7 of 7 Old 02-04-2010, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by daspes View Post
With those bumpers your limited to using your shackles as the jacking point. Just make sure you don't go cheap, and pick up shackles that will support the weight of your Jeep. Also watch the angle of your Hi-Lift. When you get the jeep raised up, it can get pretty tippy, and you don't want it coming down...
You can probably hang the Jeep from the shackles it has. Bought them from tractor supply. Think they said 15k pound rating. Not cheap stuff. Paid like 20 each for them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode