What is the best solution for a summer cab cover - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 02-04-2010, 05:56 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
What is the best solution for a summer cab cover

I plan on having my top down most of the summer. Is there a cab cover that works well with the soft top folded down? Just want to have something quick in case it rains.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-04-2010, 06:11 AM
Granite Guru

I have the bestop cab cover and it works well with the top down but it fits better with the doors off. Also plan on getting a bow of some sort to go over the front seat area to push the cover up otherwise it will collect about 10 gallons of water when it rains

I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made this country free
post #3 of 15 Old 02-04-2010, 07:05 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDERED67 View Post
I have the bestop cab cover and it works well with the top down but it fits better with the doors off. Also plan on getting a bow of some sort to go over the front seat area to push the cover up otherwise it will collect about 10 gallons of water when it rains
I will never forget the time I saw someone with a trail cover without a bow dump the 10 gallons of water in their jeep when removing the cover!!

07' Rubicon Unlimted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 02-04-2010, 07:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Bestop.

2014 Rubicon on the build!
post #5 of 15 Old 02-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

http://quadratec.com/products/11274_100_07.htm

proly gonna buy on of these for this summer
post #6 of 15 Old 02-04-2010, 03:16 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba322 View Post
http://quadratec.com/products/11274_100_07.htm

proly gonna buy on of these for this summer
Have you read the install instructions? You are going to be soaked by the time you get that thing on.
post #7 of 15 Old 02-04-2010, 03:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIDERED67 View Post
This, and God help you if you get a hole in the thing.

Me looking outside: Boy its raining hard, good thing the cover is on.
Me next morning: Nice no water on the cover.
Me 5min later: Why is my ass soaked and feet wet?

Rest In Peace Guinness. You will never be forgotten. My brother and my best friend
post #8 of 15 Old 02-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthibodeaux View Post
Have you read the install instructions? You are going to be soaked by the time you get that thing on.
no, maybe i should before i buy it. and if worse comes to worse ill just pull over under an awning to put it on.
post #9 of 15 Old 02-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Granite Guru

I have a Bestop brand trail cover. No need for a bow if you have your rig fully Safari Strapped. Been caught in rain & snow, not while driving, but it works very well even if doors are on. The only obstacle is folding in your mirrors to complete install. This was the first install, and I hadn't fully stretched it, so it looks somewhat jacked by the front driver door.
Attached Images

2008 Red Rock Rubicon Unltd 6spd dual top
post #10 of 15 Old 02-04-2010, 06:10 PM
Granite Guru

front part of hard top and move to the desert.

2012 Rubicon Unlimited
post #11 of 15 Old 02-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Rock God

Garage

are you talking about a trail cover for when its parked or a bikini top for just the "cab" (seat area) while youre driving? if its the second, ive hear ppl say good things about the mopar sun bonnet thing. it is pricey tho.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/11126_23X_PG.htm

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.

Last edited by pizzaman; 02-05-2010 at 01:06 PM.
post #12 of 15 Old 02-05-2010, 12:02 AM
Granite Guru

Off road heros has an awesome top.. u can buy the summer top like your looking for or just buy the combo top wich is well worth the money.. I currently saving for the combo top so I can ride around with the cargo are covered and wind jammer in but no top

Nice one Codd. Why dont you go have a Crainal Anal Inversion and call me tomorrow?

Thanks to people like you I have job security!

Why no officer this is not a potato launcher. Potato launchers are illegal. Why this, this is a Yam launcher!
post #13 of 15 Old 02-05-2010, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Looking for a cover while it's parked.

I have half doors so that isn't an issue. I was looking at the Bestop but wasn't sure if it would fit over the folded down soft top.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #14 of 15 Old 02-05-2010, 01:01 PM
Granite Guru

Yeah I have one and there are no problems with the top down, in fact you really could not connect the back if the top was up!
post #15 of 15 Old 02-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I have and use both.

The light Mopar one is good when its not raining. Keeps dust, dew and the cat out. Stors in a nice little nylon bag that comes with it. But leaks when it rains.

BestTop is very water tight and fits nice even with doors on (on my 2 door) and softtop folded down. But it takes up way more room to store.

The softtop is under there, no problem.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

Last edited by TEXASKEV; 02-05-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode