Rock Guard/Sliders - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 02-03-2010, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Rock Guard/Sliders

I want to get a good set of rock guard/sliders that are not going to get destroy the first day...
Any suggestions-recomendations...
Thanks..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 Old 02-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Granite Guru

heard LoD makes a good one with a built in step. also try smittybilt. but currently i just have the factory rubicon sliders on my jeep

Nice one Codd. Why dont you go have a Crainal Anal Inversion and call me tomorrow?

Thanks to people like you I have job security!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Why no officer this is not a potato launcher. Potato launchers are illegal. Why this, this is a Yam launcher!
post #3 of 27 Old 02-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Granite Guru

Put the stock Rubi's on my 08. I like the flush fit. They're built to do the job. When the box arrived the weight on the packing slip was over 70 lbs. Was surprised at the thickness of em.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 Old 02-03-2010, 08:27 PM

I have the A to Z Fab sliders. Have held up really well thus far.

With my co-driver

08 2dr; here a mod, there a mod, everywhere a mod mod
post #5 of 27 Old 02-03-2010, 08:29 PM
Granite Guru

I've been very happy with my river raiders. They have held up great and Kenny's customer service is top notch.
post #6 of 27 Old 02-03-2010, 09:54 PM
Granite Guru

Just ordered shrockworks since they were having that "in-stock" promotion.

2009 Rubicon Unlimited, FLAME RED
37's on WE beadlocks. ProRock44 w/ARB, RCVs, spyntecs, PSC hydro assist. Rear D44 w/35 spline ARB. 4.5" Poly/TF lift.
post #7 of 27 Old 02-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Granite Guru

I have the Rancho sliders and I have no regrets with them.

http://www.gorancho.com/rockgear/doorsliders.php
post #8 of 27 Old 02-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Rock God

No problems with my Smittybilts.

I've reseted the weight of my Jeep on each side several times. No issues.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-Established April 1, 1983-
No dues, No rules, No President
ALL FUN!
post #9 of 27 Old 02-04-2010, 05:42 AM
Wheeler

I have the Rugged Ridge RRC Side Armor Guards, they are nice and seem to support the weight well. But I do get some crazy squeaking from them, I think it is the washer on the body mount vibrating on the inside of the tube even though everything is torqued to spec still. Since its cold out and everything is expanded it seems to fix itself above 38 F and of course when wet and lubricated with silicone spray. I am going to take them off and try turning them down a 1/16" and see what happens then.
post #10 of 27 Old 02-04-2010, 07:19 AM
Granite Guru

Pure Jeep I think has a lot of extras the other guys don't, besides unbelievably stout material from plate steel, the boat sliders/smooth sides cover the sides and under neath and won't get hung up on rocks like the tube ones. Great steps on the sides too for climbing in n out.

2009 Rubicon Unlimited, 4" Long Arm Rancho, 37"MT Baja M/T's, SRC Rear Bumper w/Tire Carrier, XRC Front Bumper, Mile Marker 9.5, Viper Alarm, PureJeep Rockers...PM to ask my opinions

Wife: 99 TJ, 3" Lift, 32's
Had: 99TJ, 5" 35's....
post #11 of 27 Old 02-04-2010, 08:03 AM
JKO Addict!

If you need bomb-proof protection and quality and don't need a step, but could use a little more side protection than the stock Rubi sliders....Poly Performance is your huckleberry. Got 'em, love 'em.

post #12 of 27 Old 02-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Rock God

Garage

PP is who im going with when i get the money saved up.. they look like a very sweet slider and offer great protection..

07 2dr Rubicon - Teraflex 6" LA - 37 KM2's - LoD rear bumper - Rockhard front stubby - Poison Spyder Flares - etc.

upcoming: Front D60, 40's, beadlocks.

post #13 of 27 Old 02-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMJeeper View Post
and won't get hung up on rocks like the tube ones.
??? Never had that happen to me. The only tube ones I could ever see getting hung up depend on how they bold underneath. I'm flush and have slid the entire length of my driver side slider with no hiccups.

ALL FUN!
post #14 of 27 Old 02-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUN LS1 View Post
No problems with my Smittybilts.

I've reseted the weight of my Jeep on each side several times. No issues.
huh? What do you mean?

2009 Sahara Unlimited. 5.7L Hemi truck setup. Rock Krawler 5.5 coil over LA. Maxxis Trepador 40's . ATX Rims, XRC front rear and side armor. RROR Crusher corners, RROR flat flares. Warn XD9000i. Prorock 44 with RCV shafts. 5.13 gears, ARB front and rear lockers.

Last edited by v10kingsnake; 02-04-2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: nevermind, I just figured you meant rested not resetted. LOL
post #15 of 27 Old 02-04-2010, 10:32 AM
JKO Addict!

shrockworks

2015 JKU Sport Virgin
post #16 of 27 Old 02-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Rock God

x2 on River Raider. Great customer service and a solid set of rocker guards.

post #17 of 27 Old 02-04-2010, 10:54 AM
JKO Addict!

+1 for shrock.
Stout as hell, they have been thoroughly abused and they show it, but only on the powdercoat. No dents and they have taken some HARD hits. I routinely use them to pivit on trees, pivot on rocks, stop downward acceleration, and even to stop shopping carts and car doors.

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #18 of 27 Old 02-04-2010, 12:53 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Liquor

LOD Rock Sliders.

Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:

Magazine Feature:

post #19 of 27 Old 02-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10kingsnake View Post
huh? What do you mean?
Means opps I high centered and just became a very huge and expensive seesaw.. happens to the best of us

Nice one Codd. Why dont you go have a Crainal Anal Inversion and call me tomorrow?

Thanks to people like you I have job security!

Why no officer this is not a potato launcher. Potato launchers are illegal. Why this, this is a Yam launcher!
post #20 of 27 Old 02-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by v10kingsnake View Post
huh? What do you mean?
The only part of my driver side touching the ground was my driver side slider. Only thing that happened was I rubbed off the powdercoat.

ALL FUN!
post #21 of 27 Old 02-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Rock God

I don't think any of these guys would stay in business long if their sliders didn't hold up. I've been running Shrocks on mine since the summer of '07. They've never hung up on anything including the speed bumps at the mall. Like Sonic says, they're great for pivoting around stuff. Whatever you buy, I'd recommend you get'em with rails.

BEER Helping me do stupid things to my JK since 2007!
post #22 of 27 Old 02-04-2010, 04:53 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

OR-FAB sliders and side armor

post #23 of 27 Old 02-05-2010, 01:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Now that I have a good working relationship with a local fab shop, I think I might try to design my own rocker panels, not sure if it will include sliders or not. I might elect to stay with aftermarket sliders, but design my own panels. For now my stock Rubi rails are fine.

/

post #24 of 27 Old 02-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

PSC makes some great sliders! Very easy to install. Heavy duty! And look BAD-AZZ! I really like mine!

Never Underestimate The Power Of STUPID People In Large Numbers
post #25 of 27 Old 02-07-2010, 10:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I chose the PJ sliders because I loved the look, the body protection around the door, the high clearance with a step, and because I have seen a set that had been beat to hell in the hammers and little Sluice to the point where there was no more paint on the bottom, but not even a dent to show. But they were a Biatch to install, the directions are horrible, and their little hole alignment tool was useless. Once I got past the installation, I like them so far and they have survived some nasty hits.

If I had to do it over again, I would go with the Poison Spyders. They look tough, installation looks more straightforward, and they have all the features I like about the PJ but look even better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode