I need some help choosing my leather color - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
View Poll Results: Which color shall I rock in the Amp'd Jeep?
Mahogany (Medium brown) 13 72.22%
Red like the 10th Anniversary Rubicon 5 27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 11-06-2014, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I need some help choosing my leather color

I want to get the katzkin leather in my 14 JKUR. The problem? I like odd stuff. My Jeep is Amp'd color (Goldish yellow Amber) and my wife and I are discussing it.

I have looked everywhere for some stock Tan leather covers but gave up and moved to "different" colors.

My previous vehicles have been odd colors and the last one was Lime Green with tan leather. I loved it.

So, my choices for leather are....

Katzkin - Mahogany

Katzkin - Red (This is the brighter red like the 10th Anniversary Rubicon)

The Jeep is Amp'd and the interior is all black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-06-2014, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Now with pole
post #3 of 15 Old 11-06-2014, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Shit, I forgot the bacon option
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 11-06-2014, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Short answer = Bacon always wins and it's whatever you personally like best/ your rig/ your money.

Long answer = It just looks "not right" when you have a bright body color along with even brighter accent colors. I feel that brighter accent colors only work well with understated ( or neutral) body colors. Once you start mating gecko green with red or mango with electric blue, etc, etc... then you have something that is mostly only going to appeal to you, homosexual men, blind hookers, bumblebees, meth-heads, liberals, and circus clowns. To everyone else it's going to look weird.

I can see the amp'd going okay with maroon ( if it's a darker maroon or a brownish maroon)... but with bright red I dunno. Seems like that would be a bit much.

Really the only thing that might matter would be if (a) You ever decide to sell that Jeep. A good deal of people are gonna look at amp'd with red seats as being a puke-accentuated "NO". And (b) If you're the kind of person that changes your mind a lot. This would also include the parameters of the type of person that loses interest in things, can't decide what color shirt to wear, re-paints the living room 3 times before settling on the perfect color, and having a hard time deciding between eating the green, red, or yellow Gummi-Bears first.

In closing... I'm bored and I just had sex. I honestly could care less cause it's not my Jeep nor my money.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #5 of 15 Old 11-06-2014, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Lmao awesome response
post #6 of 15 Old 11-06-2014, 11:44 PM
Rock God

Garage

In spite of Stub's very eloquent response, as the sole respondent I have just established a 100% margin in your poll, in favor of Mahogany.

That said, it's your rig and your money. Do what you like.

My Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 Old 11-07-2014, 04:40 AM
Rock God

Of the two; Bacon.

But otherwise, mahogany I suppose.

Red seats are hard to pull off without looking gaudy. Just my preference, which is what you asked for (kinda).

Only you can decide what your preference is, and that's the one that matters most. Sure, if it comes time to sell the red might be a tough sell, but they could always be swapped out for stock seats and then sold separately. Probably easier to find another with a Jeep who wants red seats than someone looking to buy a Jeep with red seats, but who knows.
post #8 of 15 Old 11-07-2014, 05:59 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I would do Bacon colored leather seats with seat warmers that smell like frying bacon when you turn them on.

Post a picture of you jeep. Some of us, meaning me, don't know what the hell color "amp'd" is.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #9 of 15 Old 11-08-2014, 04:44 AM
Granite Guru

I once saw a special factory ordered yellow Trans Am with bright red interior.
Looked hideous....I can see why it wasn't a recommended colour combination.
Go mahogony.
post #10 of 15 Old 11-08-2014, 06:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Is there a football/pro sports team using those color combinations? No, then they won't play well visually.
This is my - go to Mancard color pattern, "Does this work?" layout.
It's yours, so do what makes you happy.

Last edited by 4x4x4; 11-08-2014 at 06:05 AM.
post #11 of 15 Old 11-08-2014, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Here is the color. It looks yellow in some light but it's gold as hell in the sun

post #12 of 15 Old 11-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Rock God

Garage

There's a difference between being different and being retarded. The two colours are too close in the spectrum to be remotely aesthetically pleasing.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #13 of 15 Old 11-08-2014, 03:52 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

I would try to visualize which one would look best when covered in splotches of dried or wet mixtures of mud and sand, or dried "drank all night and passed out in the drivers seat, corner of the mouth morning dribble". I would think mahogany.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
post #14 of 15 Old 11-08-2014, 04:44 PM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
Now with pole
This pretty much sums it up !!!!

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #15 of 15 Old 11-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiCajun View Post
I would try to visualize which one would look best when covered in splotches of dried or wet mixtures of mud and sand, or dried "drank all night and passed out in the drivers seat, corner of the mouth morning dribble". I would think mahogany.
lets not forget "mystery" spots

go mahogany

"Gremlin"
Nothing in my jeep is sacred, except my jelly beans and apple liquorice. Don't touch those...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode