New Shoes For Rubi - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 11-04-2014, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

New Shoes For Rubi

Big Brown truck brought Rubi some new shoes today. General Grabber AT in 315/75/16 on Level 8 Trackers.

BEFORE on 33x12.5x15 Duratracs

AFTER

Now I really need to get my 3.5" RK lift put on. The 2" BB just doesn't give enough extra clearance to run 35" tires offroad using the stock fender flares.

2014 Rubicon Unlimited with Sponge Bob Squarepants Floor Mats.

Get your FREE college education here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by soonerfan85; 11-04-2014 at 11:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-04-2014, 08:20 PM
Wheeler

Looks nice...

You ever consider cutting your stock flares? I know a guy down in El Dorado who cut the stockers on his 2dr JK (& cut the stock bumper), it came out looking pretty sharp. It's a black Sahara soft top running stock Rubi wheels & tires.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
re: New Shoes For Rubi

cut them fenders; if I can trim the 600 dollar Sahara flares, you certainly can the non painted ones.....hack 'em and wheel sans rubbing.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-05-2014, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I know I'm in the minority, but I kind of like the factory flares. I drive quite a bit on gravel roads and they help keep the paint on my doors hinges. Already have the lift, just need to get it installed. Wanted extra 3" ground clearance so maybe I don't have to buy anything more than oil pan & tyranny skids to do Moab etc. This is my DD so not going to get crazy offroading her.

I'll keep an eye out for his Jeep. Nearly all the JKs I see around here are stock.

Nice Sahara. You just had to show me THOSE wheels.

Last edited by soonerfan85; 11-05-2014 at 12:13 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-06-2014, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan85 View Post
I know I'm in the minority, but I kind of like the factory flares. I drive quite a bit on gravel roads and they help keep the paint on my doors hinges. Already have the lift, just need to get it installed. Wanted extra 3" ground clearance so maybe I don't have to buy anything more than oil pan & tyranny skids to do Moab etc. This is my DD so not going to get crazy offroading her.

I'll keep an eye out for his Jeep. Nearly all the JKs I see around here are stock.

Nice Sahara. You just had to show me THOSE wheels.

thanks . I was very surprised at the lightness (22lbs) and ruggedness (+looks) of the level8 strike 5s - there's something about the setback because if the machined lip that makes 'em look great with a wide MT. As happy as I am with them , having 16"s makes me have few options come spring when I get new shoes ...I was building around the same tire (Cooper STT ) in hire 325/80r16 size but just learned they stopped production on that size so it's gonna be either
Radial Trepadors from Maxxis in 37x12.50x16 (heavy tho') or I have just discovered the BFG T/A MK2 comes in a 345/75r16 that is about 36.48" and only 77lbs ( 5lbs less per tire than my current 35" STTs!) but I fear the "D" rating may not be able to handle some of the Tennessee granite , flint and roots where I wheel as well as these "E" rated I currently have (bulletproof)

re: loss of coverage from fender trim : I didn't lose any width or coverage nor any of the stock support bracketry on that trim ....same as they were stock as far as width...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode