Convert PS Body Mount Rocker Knocker to Frame Mount? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-04-2014, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Convert PS Body Mount Rocker Knocker to Frame Mount?

I have the Poison Spyder body mount Rocker Knockers on my 2012 2 door and unfortunatly they havent held up very well. After one or two "knocks" the passenger rocker has bent up and now contacts the door preventing it from opening. I contated PS about this and thier response was there was nothing I could do and to purchase the Passenger rocker again, which of course they would sell me at a (slightly) reduced cost.

I get they are technically wear items and I am not debating that they did their job in protecting the tub, but at $600 for the set they are a damn expensive wear item and I personally dont feel I got my moneys worth out of the body mount sliders.

So, being that the actual slider frame is the same on both the frame and body mount has anyone tried converting? I contacted PS about buying some of the frame mounts and they said no, and once again suggested that I purchase another set of sliders. So, $600 and 2 wheeling trips later I am on my own.

So has anyone tried this? I dont believe it would be very difficult to grind off the body mounts and weld on frame mounts...or should I scrap the entire idea and buy new sliders from a different vendor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-05-2014, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Bump
post #3 of 7 Old 11-05-2014, 08:43 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I had this same problem with my Rocker Knockers. Bent the passenger side up and the door contacted it on open and close.

I fixed mine by bending it back...no easy feat as the things are stout, lots of chains and hydrolic presses. When we were bending it back, we discussed a solution of cutting off all the lower tub mount parts and welding it to the frame with tube and plate. In the end, that amount of work was just not worth the money and it would make taking the skin off almost impossible for refinsihing or replacement if damages.

My permanent solution was swaping out to VKS weld on sliders. Very solid...should not be having the issue of bending up in to the door again.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 11-05-2014, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCdawg View Post

My permanent solution was swaping out to VKS weld on sliders. Very solid...should not be having the issue of bending up in to the door again.
That's my second option. I like the VKS as they look super stout, but I like the look of the PS more. I don't have the equipment to try and bend these back but I can cut and weld. I guess I was trying to get more use out of these before I scrap em'.
post #5 of 7 Old 11-05-2014, 06:58 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacal_rick View Post
That's my second option. I like the VKS as they look super stout, but I like the look of the PS more. I don't have the equipment to try and bend these back but I can cut and weld. I guess I was trying to get more use out of these before I scrap em'.

If you can do the cutting and welding, not a bad idea to move them to frame mount. Post up your end result.

TC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-06-2014, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

If and when i do, I will post up here. I need to search some of the vendors to see if they offer mounts that I can use instead of fabbing my own.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-06-2014, 09:04 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacal_rick View Post
If and when i do, I will post up here. I need to search some of the vendors to see if they offer mounts that I can use instead of fabbing my own.

Hit up VKS and see if they will sell you their plate, tube and gussetts that they use on their weld on sliders. Seems like the perfect pieces.

TC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode