adding heated seats to a 2014 - pressure sensor on passenger side? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 11-03-2014, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
adding heated seats to a 2014 - pressure sensor on passenger side?

so i read on one of the other forums that because of some pressure sensor, adding heated seats to a 2013 and up jk isn't possible for the passenger side. is this true? All of the Mopar kits cut off at 2012 which seems to confirm this.

anyone added them to a 2013 or newer JK? Mopar or aftermarket? I'd like to stick to Mopar, but also considering the warmseats weatheproof ones. i added Mopar ones to an older JK in the past, but there wasnt the concern of the pressure switch.

Life's hard. It's harder if you're stupid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

I bought mine from amazon for like bucks. Then bought trek armor seat covers. I put the heaters between the seat and the seat covers and it warms so much better. They are on a switch and you can control hi and lo settings. About 10 minutes on high and I have to turn it off.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 14 Old 11-03-2014, 01:36 PM
JKO Addict!

Why couldn't you use the power/signal from that pressure sensor to trip the relay to allow the heated seats to work? I don't get what one would have to do with the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 11-03-2014, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlgrav182 View Post
Why couldn't you use the power/signal from that pressure sensor to trip the relay to allow the heated seats to work? I don't get what one would have to do with the other.
i dont either, that's why I'm asking. i didnt know if it was the wiring or the heating element that interfered. i saw a post somewhere else, so i wanted to check and see if anyone else heard of it.

post #5 of 14 Old 11-03-2014, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
I bought mine from amazon for like bucks. Then bought trek armor seat covers. I put the heaters between the seat and the seat covers and it warms so much better. They are on a switch and you can control hi and lo settings. About 10 minutes on high and I have to turn it off.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
damn thats a good deal. thanks for the link!

post #6 of 14 Old 11-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Rock God

I would not go cutting into the seat weight sensor. It is there for the airbag system and can lead to bad things happening if you swap the load on the circuit. BMW used to run the belt tensioners stages with the air bags. a tech was screwing around under a seat and hit something setting it off. the thing is basically a 12 gauge shell with no shot in it. I have not seen them on Jeeps but that weight sensor is a vital part of the air bag system.
post #7 of 14 Old 11-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post
damn thats a good deal. thanks for the link!
Let me know if you need help with it. Basically it is just hooking up the wiring to a positive and negative. It has all the wires and relays included. I did have to lengthen the lead wires though and tuck all the damn wiring under the center console. But the switches are mounted right above and to the right of the parking brake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #8 of 14 Old 11-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
so i read on one of the other forums that because of some pressure sensor, adding heated seats to a 2013 and up jk isn't possible for the passenger side. is this true? All of the Mopar kits cut off at 2012 which seems to confirm this.

anyone added them to a 2013 or newer JK? Mopar or aftermarket? I'd like to stick to Mopar, but also considering the warmseats weatheproof ones. i added Mopar ones to an older JK in the past, but there wasnt the concern of the pressure switch.
1. No
2. Yes. see here; https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139801
post #9 of 14 Old 11-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:

Are they THAT different from the OEM heated seats for the 2013 and 2014 models?

2014 Rubicon Unlimited with Sponge Bob Squarepants Floor Mats.

Get your FREE college education here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 14 Old 11-04-2014, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan85 View Post
Are they THAT different from the OEM heated seats for the 2013 and 2014 models?
that's what i am trying to figure out. every website i can order the OEM ones differentiate them into 2 models for the JK - the 07-10s and 11-12. i can't find any OEM heated seat kit for a jk newer than 12.

Edit: Quadratec does have these http://www.quadratec.com/products/14159_1003.htm

Edit #2: so the link above shows 3 heating elements....2 for the driver and one for the passenger. i spoke with a quadratec rep and asked about this and he confirmed that it's because of the airbag sensor. the passenger side only gets the back element, not the bottom.

Last edited by pizzaman; 11-04-2014 at 12:55 PM.
post #11 of 14 Old 11-04-2014, 07:44 PM
Rock God

Thought that the interior stayed the same from 2011-2015? Am I correct in thinking this???

"Government is not the solution, it is the problem."
"We are never defeated unless we give up on GOD."
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be protected, and handed on for them to do the same."
Ronald Reagan
Life is 10 percent what happens to you and 90 percent how you respond.
post #12 of 14 Old 11-04-2014, 11:07 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC7 View Post
Thought that the interior stayed the same from 2011-2015? Am I correct in thinking this???
Correct, except the seats are different, 2011-2012, 2013-15
post #13 of 14 Old 11-06-2014, 10:48 AM
Wheeler

The seats are different. I did my seats on my 2012 without any problems but when doing my brother's 14 the seat design changed which we still were able to make it work.
post #14 of 14 Old 11-06-2014, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbank View Post
The seats are different. I did my seats on my 2012 without any problems but when doing my brother's 14 the seat design changed which we still were able to make it work.
what do you mean make it work? were you able to install the 2011-2012 heaters (both back and bottom on both seats) on his 2014?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode