metal cloak bumpers? Bueller? Bueller? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 10-30-2014, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

metal cloak bumpers? Bueller? Bueller?

So my wife's jeep got hit about 6 months ago. I convinced her that structural sliders and fenders would be nice. She looked over what the market had and decided on the metal cloak sliders and fenders (I run the MC fenders on my 12). Got em powder coated locally and installed and she loves them.

FF to yesterday... Daughter driving the wife's 4 door (daughter has a 2 door)... Traffic... Bad intersection. POW. Daughter tags another driver in the side. Nobody injured. MC fender beats the shit out of the other vehicle while only losing some powder coat. Bumper is trashed. Toe out so the tie rod is shot. I am going with the synergy tie rod (much prefer on vehicle adjustment). Wife likes the MC bumpers and wants to stay all MC. Personally, I am not a fan of the look of their bumpers.

So, on to my question. Who is running the MC bumpers and do you like them? I don't know anyone local running them. My usual plan is to look at something before buying but that is not really an option.

<edit>
She wants the front mid width (uses fogs still) with stinger (grocery cart pusher).
</edit>

I have jeeps. I do shit to them.

Last edited by bgall; 10-30-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-30-2014, 12:55 PM
Wheeler

I am in a similar boat as you. Wife loved the MC bumpers, flares, rockers, etc... I liked the rockers and flares, but those bumper are butt ugly. We ended up coming across Crawler Conceptz and absolute love them. They just came out with a mid width that looks good. We went with stinger and it sit s at the perfect height. Can just barely see it when driving. Best part, their prices are reasonable.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-30-2014, 01:59 PM
JKowners Vendor

Yeah, I get that our bumper is not for everyone. The bumper that she described is the same as the one on our yellow JK. It is our bumper base with the 56" lighted caps and Mid-stinger. We do make them so you don't have to cut the crash bar off any more but still can for the added clearance.

JK 1402 bumper

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...cf&oe=54B13A89

MetalCloak, It's Your Jeep, Only Better
Will (916)631-8071

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -SLADE- View Post
Metalcloak claims to have the highest clearance flat fenders and their Duroflex joints appear to bridge the gap between stock clevite bushings and re-buildable joints making them a great option for daily drivers. Metalcloak's dual rate coils actually backup the available travel in their suspension instead of just making claims of "flex" and "max travel" only to provide short coils with little travel like some have done.

Last edited by cloaked willys; 10-30-2014 at 02:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 10-30-2014, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaked willys View Post
Yeah, I get that our bumper is not for everyone. The bumper that she described is the same as the one on our yellow JK. It is our bumper base with the 56" lighted caps and Mid-stinger. We do make them so you don't have to cut the crash bar off any more but still can for the added clearance.
My wife likes your bumper. Not my jeep it is going on. Just was hoping to get some real world feedback on them. Crickets so far...

I have jeeps. I do shit to them.
post #5 of 6 Old 11-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Wheeler

PharmNip has a MC front bumper I think.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-01-2014, 07:59 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to warcop

I love my Metalcolak bumper. Me and another guy both run them here in Korea. The only issue I had with mine was cutting the crash bar. The instructions give you a measurement of where to cut. They should say 'cut 1/4 below the bottom bolt hole when removing the crash bar'. Using the measurement provided, I cut through the bottom bolt hole not realizing I would need it. The bumper is still very strong despite not having a bolt hole on each side. Here is a pic of two of them installed. The red JKU has the mid-stinger and mine (grey) has the bull bar. I like the fact the bumper is modular. I move around quite a bit with my job. If I move to a place where my bumper is not legal the metal cloak bumper affords me to opportunity to order different components to make it legal.

Warcop

2012 JKU Sport, Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex, Smittybilt SRC Side Armor, Mesh Grille MOD, Sony Double DIN AV Receiver, Back up Camera, Kicker Speaker Upgrade, ARB Twin Compressor, Dominion Off Road High Lift Mount, Homemade Paracord Grab Handles, Nitto Trail Grapplers, Paramount Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, KC Hilites Daylighters, under seat lock box, Metal Cloak Front Bumper, BARTACT Seat Covers, BARTACT Sun Shade, x20 Comp Winch, sPOD, ARB Air lockers, 4.10 Gears.

Last edited by warcop; 11-06-2014 at 04:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode