Treadwright Tires - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 01-31-2010, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to D5Fire
Treadwright Tires

Just curious if anybody has had any dealing with TreadWright tires. They make several versions of AT and MT tires that look pretty decent. I know they are retread, but they are also half the price of any of the other major tire brands out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-31-2010, 05:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Honestly never dealt with retreads, but would be very interested in seeing what your research comes up with....
tuning in..

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #3 of 12 Old 01-31-2010, 06:04 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

they are great for trail riding and possibly occasional road use, but not recommended for a DD

2008 steel blue sahara
with some doo-dads
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 01-31-2010, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

I plan on giving them a call tomorrow and picking their brain about their tires, they do have a warranty on them, and Im curious as to what all it covers.
post #5 of 12 Old 01-31-2010, 06:09 PM

I just had 5 285-65r18 a/t installed on my Sahara. The shop that installed them (they've mounted at least 10 sets of autocross tires for me) said they looked really good and they took a minumum of weight to balance.

I did a lot of research on Treadwright and found no siginificant problems with tread seperation or other problems that have been associated with "old school" recaps.

For the price, I'll give them a try. Worse case senerio, I'll run them for a year and swap them out.

Hope this helps.
post #6 of 12 Old 01-31-2010, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Thats pretty much what I was thinking, for half the price if I get 15,000 miles out of them then Ive still come out ahead.
post #7 of 12 Old 01-31-2010, 08:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

If you plan on using your vehicle on a paved road at hwy speeds....do not put retreads on the steering axle/frontend.That is a serious accident waiting to happen,and in some states,it's against the law.....for good reason.

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #8 of 12 Old 02-01-2010, 04:09 AM
Rock God

Garage

I had 32" retreads on my Grand Cherokee and a BIG section of the retread decided to devulcanize and remove itself from the rest of the tire. I contacted (then) High-Tec Retreading and they sent out a new tire ASAP so... Good customer service but I'll never use retreads again if I dont have to... I drive too fast to risk another issue like that.

Hotrodtinker JERSEY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CREW
'08 Unlimited Rubicon (Rescue Green)
Lifted and running (for the moment)...
Planned Mods:
- Engine swap and 1-ton axles!!!
post #9 of 12 Old 02-01-2010, 06:31 AM
Granite Guru

Numerous people in the local offroad club have been using Treadwrights on their daily drivers with no issues at all.
Only reason I haven't is I'm too fond of Cooper tires to use anything else.
post #10 of 12 Old 02-01-2010, 02:43 PM
JKO Addict!

They came on my used Rubicon 4 door. I'm had them for 25,000 miles... drove over from Colorado to Seattle, Now I'm moving back to Colorado...

I love em. No problems here..I've rotated them once..and they are wearing great. Offroaded them a few times, work really well. They are slightly coming apart at the side seam..but nothing major...I'm happy with them..I'm going to be buying a larger tire here soon...but it will be another brand due to ( I want a strictly offroad tire like Pitbull tires or something).

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 12 Old 02-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Granite Guru

Although I have no experience running retreads because I always buy new tires, the idea of running retreads on a vehicle designed to test tire endurance confuses me. Airing tires down then driving over pointy objects seems to make me want the best tires I can get, not the cheapest that may not even be legal in some states.

Personally, my family's safety is too important for me to risk on saving a few bucks.

KD8NHC
08 4 Door Rubicon
Member of Two Trackers 4wd Club
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
post #12 of 12 Old 02-19-2010, 09:44 PM
Wheeler

I have the 285 MTR look alikes from Treadwright on my wrangler. I have wheeled them in the snow, went on a 1200 mile road trip and pulled a 3500 pound trailer for 600 miles with these tires. I have 5k miles on them now and they have minimal wear and perform very well.

Last edited by jnorton1; 02-19-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode