What's it worth 2011 JRU - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 10-27-2014, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Question What's it worth 2011 JRU

So Iv'e been looking for a while and I think found one that I may pull the trigger on but i'm wondering if its worth it. Its a 2011 Rubicon unlimited fully loaded nav, heated seats, leather, after market wheels, hard top everything. Its a one owner car that was driven by a woman who used it as a daily driver. Never off road, body is clean interior is clean.

----. How ever here is the issue.
It has 75k miles
needs windshield
nededs tires -no biggie cause id replace them once I do my lift
leak from what looks like rear main
needs trans service fluid dirty
Thats all I could tell by checking it out. They are asking $30k for it I got them down to $26k even though I was hoping to pay less.
My question is, is it worth the $26k given the repair it needs?
Thanks
WN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-27-2014, 05:35 AM
Wheeler

I don't think it's worth 26K, given the repairs needed. Really depends on the market in your area though.

2012 JKUR, auto, tons, a little lift, 4Ds, not much else
post #3 of 16 Old 10-27-2014, 06:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

The money you think you'll save with a fix-er-upper will be spent fixing it instead of starting out with a better platform from the start. 2011 is a bastard year. New interior but still has the 3.8L. That 3.8 only has another year or two (25k miles) left before it needs to be replaced.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 10-27-2014, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
re: What's it worth 2011 JRU

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
The money you think you'll save with a fix-er-upper will be spent fixing it instead of starting out with a better platform ... That 3.8 only has another year or two (25k miles) left before it needs to be replaced.
May I ask what you're basing that last statement on, BigMike? So, 3.8l are only going to accrue 95,000 miles and then the 'Replace Engine' light comes on?

post #5 of 16 Old 10-27-2014, 06:53 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

25,000 miles per year? Wow.

New windshield, why? Cracked or chipped?
Rear Main Seal, about 1200 to 1500.

Probably not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #6 of 16 Old 10-27-2014, 10:51 AM
Probably Stuck on my Diff

I wouldnt sell my 2011 sport for $26k, but thats just me.. $30 seems high, but $26 seems like a great deal on a rubi thats never been offroad..

More Cowbell
post #7 of 16 Old 10-27-2014, 11:21 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I wouldn't pay $26k for that jeep. Keep looking

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #8 of 16 Old 10-27-2014, 11:45 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
May I ask what you're basing that last statement on, BigMike? So, 3.8l are only going to accrue 95,000 miles and then the 'Replace Engine' light comes on?
Based on my expert fucking opinion.

Seriously though, I've read too many threads where the 3.8 is using oil and other problems at 100k. If taken care of they will probably last a lot longer but I wouldn't buy a used one when I don't know the history.

I had a 3.8 and now the 3.6. The difference is night and day.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles

Last edited by BigMike; 10-27-2014 at 11:47 AM.
post #9 of 16 Old 10-27-2014, 11:59 AM
Granite Guru

100K 3.8?

I have over 150k on my 2008 JKU 3.8 rolling 35's. I'm usually down about a quart every 2,500 miles or so. So far I've done ball joints, u-joints (warranty) and front wheel bearings, but nothing else (other than routine maintenance.)
post #10 of 16 Old 10-27-2014, 12:25 PM
Granite Guru

Wow... $30k for a used one with more miles than mine?
I think I bought it brand-new for $36k!

65000 miles, no engine leaks, no oil usage (yet), original windshield.

I think that price is a bit high, even for a Rubi.
post #11 of 16 Old 10-27-2014, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks guy for all the info. I think I will keep looking.
post #12 of 16 Old 10-27-2014, 08:59 PM
Granite Guru

I paid 34K my 2011 two years ago with 2000 miles on it.
post #13 of 16 Old 10-28-2014, 07:17 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
While reading this article about stroking a 3.8, confirmation was provided.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/en...v6-jk-bumping/

Quote:
We’ve bagged on the 3.8L V-6 in the JK pretty much since the Jeep came out. It got pulled out of a minivan and stuck in the Jeep. It wasn’t a V-8, it wasn’t a diesel, and it wasn’t our beloved 4.0L inline-six. In short, we felt we got gypped and were angry at Jeep for it. We know most of you were too.

Then the problems started surfacing—oil consumption, the spun bearings, and just generally not being as reliable as the 4.0L it replaced. Surely, there must be a better engine to put in our beloved Wrangler. Sure enough, there was, and it showed up five years into the production of the JK in the form of the 3.6L Pentastar V-6. However, that still left us with five years of minivan engines that didn’t always cut the mustard.

, Granite,
post #14 of 16 Old 10-28-2014, 01:42 PM
Granite Guru

If I had 26k I would be looking for a used 2012+ 2 door Rubicon. For that kind of money it would be bare bones and all stock. I decided to sacrifice 2 doors for the new motor/trans.

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.
post #15 of 16 Old 10-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:

I'm glad my 2008 with 141k mile engine still runs great.
post #16 of 16 Old 10-29-2014, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:

I read that .As a subsciber, Ive followed the [sad] history of that JK being horribly mistreated and tested on all manner of idiotic things by multiple staff and editors [ i guess they treat them that way to optimally test things just as non-knowledgable readers would to have 'real world problems' to report upon? ] anyway, that thing - while i concur about the model engine - was not a fair, unbiased representative of the 3.8liter due to them being moronic with it....but, there are cabbies in larger cities driving the 3.7l version from early 90's around and getting 300k out of that [per Allpar] motor... i think it's all about how you have to cater to a specific motor; tho, youre totally correct about the pentastar being a far superior powerplant, it will be interesting to see what manner of issues creep-up over next decade as that engine [w/ its significantly higher revs than the 3.8 ] handles higher mileage in the six-figure range...
me, when my 3.8 croaks, Im already lookin at the first trust fubd brats that destroy thier dad's midlife crisis and hoping to snare a Hellcat motor via salvage.....lol.....as if.....or a BT4 conversion and I can run it on frier grease from Hardees

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode