stock wheels, 37s and 8psi - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 10-19-2014, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

stock wheels, 37s and 8psi

For my last several outings, I have run 8psi without bead lockers and so far no issues.

so far no air has burped out and I have not broken a bead. I don't think the tire is spinning on the wheel either but have not marked the tire.

not sure I feel brave enough to go much lower than 8.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-19-2014, 09:45 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

No need to go lower than 8 with that sidewall flex.

I run ten without beadlocks on the MTr's and never even burped air.

trim those lower shock mounts off in the rear too !

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #3 of 16 Old 10-19-2014, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I had been running 10 psi consistently and without issue there either. Just thought I'd push it a little more.

Yup. Need to trim those. Have a ne set of evo Rockstars sitting around but with my 3" AEV bumps and AEV 5100s, I need to raise shock tops by a little bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 10-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Rock God

Garage

Looks like you're getting some seriously good sidewall flex with 8. I'd leave it there.

And yeah, those shock mounts.. i have to address mine this winter, too.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #5 of 16 Old 10-19-2014, 01:14 PM
Wheeler

Wow that's impressive for stock wheels. Nice sidewall flex. What lift are you running?

2012 JKU Sahara Dozer Orange
USMC/OIF Vet
post #6 of 16 Old 10-19-2014, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

That's the AEV 3.5 sans the brackets and MetalCloak arms. Very pleased with the way the jeep is working.
post #7 of 16 Old 10-19-2014, 02:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Dam .. That's crazy.

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #8 of 16 Old 10-19-2014, 02:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Before I had TR beadlocks I ran MT Classic IIs and would air down my MTR/K 37s to 10 or less. Never had an unseated bead, burbng, etc. Kinda depends upon the tire.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #9 of 16 Old 10-19-2014, 10:39 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by White13JKUR View Post
That's the AEV 3.5 sans the brackets and MetalCloak arms. Very pleased with the way the jeep is working.
Did you ever run the brackets, or has it always been this setup? If you did, can you tell any difference in the ride and on-road handling without them?

That's pretty crazy flex in those tires. I usually run 12 in my 37s and was a little afraid I was pushing my luck. Nice to know I could probably go a little lower. BTW, what size are yours?

My Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 16 Old 10-19-2014, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimiDozer View Post
Did you ever run the brackets, or has it always been this setup? If you did, can you tell any difference in the ride and on-road handling without them?

That's pretty crazy flex in those tires. I usually run 12 in my 37s and was a little afraid I was pushing my luck. Nice to know I could probably go a little lower. BTW, what size are yours?
I ran the brackets for a year before installing the arms. MetalCloak said that the arms might be too long even if completey screwed in so I did not even bother. I ran the brackets with both their 3.5" lift on 35" MTRs as well as on the 4.5" lift and 35s then 37s. I settled on the 3.5" lift with 37s and chopped fenders.

Smacked the brackets up. But they never bent. I can tell no difference between the mc arms and the stock arms with brackets in terms of drivability. No difference in dive or highway feel. No plans to put the brackets back on. They are ebay bound. I set the arms per the mc installation guide, which pushes the rear axle back. I notched the passenger rear block.

The jeep is working very well for me now. I do plan to make more tweaks to it in order to try and maximize the flex with what I have. Probably going to install evo rock stars on the rear along with the poly upper shock relocation kit to gain clearance and compression.

I started at 12 and then right to 10 and ran that for a while. Thought I would push things with 8. I still have an old tire crayon kicking around my tool box. I'll be the goofball with marks on the tires below the valve stems (assuming nothing twisted around).
post #11 of 16 Old 10-19-2014, 11:27 PM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by White13JKUR View Post
I had been running 10 psi consistently and without issue there either. Just thought I'd push it a little more.

Yup. Need to trim those. Have a ne set of evo Rockstars sitting around but with my 3" AEV bumps and AEV 5100s, I need to raise shock tops by a little bit.
Synergy Jeep JK Rear Long Travel Upper Shock Mount move your upper rear shock mounts up 2" and back 2.5".
They take a little cutting but no welding to install, and they're solid. I ran 'em until I did my rear stretch, and they worked great.

EDIT: you mentioned them in your post 10 seconds before my post - I like your idea!

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

<-- Random crap you might find useful

Last edited by ExWrench; 10-19-2014 at 11:29 PM.
post #12 of 16 Old 10-19-2014, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Yes, those. Selling your old ones?

I already have the mc sway bar relocation blocks.

Edit: I saw your edit and edited too. Old mechanics think alike.

Last edited by White13JKUR; 10-19-2014 at 11:44 PM.
post #13 of 16 Old 10-19-2014, 11:48 PM
Random Dude

Sorry, mine already sold. You're the second JKO member this week to ask if I still had 'em.

They're nice pieces - I'd say they're a good deal at full price. You'll dig 'em.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #14 of 16 Old 10-20-2014, 07:59 AM
Rock God

Was running 10 but I lost a bead on the Dusy. Went back up to 12 now. Want to get beadlocks so I can run less.
post #15 of 16 Old 10-20-2014, 10:39 AM
Granite Guru

Wow, looks like you're real close to having a problem though. If I had that going on I probably would bump it back up to 10 just to prevent an issue.

DD
11 JK Unlimited
4.88s, Detroit Locker/Tru Trac
37x12.50-17 Toyo Open Country RT
OME HD, RK ControlArms

Hard core wheeler
85 CJ-7
Built AMC 360,T-18/Dana 300,
4.88's, rear spool
Rebuild time
post #16 of 16 Old 10-20-2014, 11:43 AM
Rock God

i always run 8psi in my cooper stt 37x13.5 works amazing. I do find myself airing down again around lunch time as the heat of the day will raise them back up over 10 pretty quick down here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode