Strike Force Zebra still in business? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 Old 10-13-2014, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Location: Cave Creek, AZ to Fayetteville, AR, back to Scottsdale, AZ
Strike Force Zebra still in business?

Considering SFZ half doors for my JKU, but can't seem to get anyone there to respond - Sent a message over week ago via email and Facebook (the last posting they had on FB was 5 months ago) and sent a 2nd message yesterday to both email and FB....no response.

It's after hours, but I'll try calling tomorrow, but was curious if anyone here knows or have had contact with anyone there lately?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 10-13-2014, 09:53 PM
JKO Addict!

Hauk/River Raider has a set on their Tomahauk build, so unless it was pulled from another keep they are still in business. Do they have any distributors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsack View Post
OKAY FUCKMOUTH.
post #3 of 33 Old 10-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Granite Guru

Rebel off road has the doors listed for sale, on their website.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 Old 10-14-2014, 04:18 AM
Rock God

Garage

Did they ever make the uppers?
post #5 of 33 Old 10-14-2014, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Corners View Post
Rebel off road has the doors listed for sale, on their website.
I saw that as well, but I know that sometimes these e-tailers take the order and they are a drop-shipped item from the mfg rather than keeping inventory in stock.
post #6 of 33 Old 10-14-2014, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by coilrod View Post
Did they ever make the uppers?
Not that you can tell by their website:
http://www.strikeforcezebra.com/otherproducts.html

They still say "soon", but hard to tell how long ago they updated their site.
post #7 of 33 Old 10-14-2014, 01:35 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBreeze View Post
Not that you can tell by their website:
http://www.strikeforcezebra.com/otherproducts.html

They still say "soon", but hard to tell how long ago they updated their site.
How about a name you can trust

http://shop.savvyoffroad.com/product...9&categoryId=1
post #8 of 33 Old 10-14-2014, 08:21 PM
Granite Guru

So glad someone posted a thread on this. I called after hours and left a message but never got a call back. Please update one way or the other after calling during business hours tomorrow. I've emailed, fb messaged, and called (after hours) with nothing. They said they were a few weeks out from releasing the uppers at EJS. Seems like they're either doing a restructuring, gone under, or tired of people asking about uppers and closed all communications as a result

Last edited by bluejk09; 10-14-2014 at 08:30 PM.
post #9 of 33 Old 10-14-2014, 08:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descent View Post
I can't get these by the cfo w/o the upper option. I may have to name a new cfo soon

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #10 of 33 Old 10-15-2014, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

I did get an email response from Bill Ball indicating they have been moving the past couple weeks to a new location. Hopefully, their response to inquiries will improve.

No other info regarding uppers, etc.
post #11 of 33 Old 10-16-2014, 08:41 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I did get an email response from Bill Ball indicating they have been moving the past couple weeks to a new location. Hopefully, their response to inquiries will improve.

No other info regarding uppers, etc.
Wow. Honestly didn't expect that. Promising but something still doesn't seem right. Here's hoping that they're back soon
post #12 of 33 Old 10-16-2014, 02:29 PM
Wheeler

After initially choosing their front bumper, it took some time and a phone call to find out Aberlee Offroad was out of business for a long time before I ever heard of them. Frustrating.
post #13 of 33 Old 10-17-2014, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejk09 View Post
Wow. Honestly didn't expect that. Promising but something still doesn't seem right. Here's hoping that they're back soon
Ya, I agree. Are they in business, or not? Do they want customers, or not? I wish they would pick a side of the fence and either act like a business that wants to sell/grow or shut down and move on.
post #14 of 33 Old 10-22-2014, 05:40 AM

Yes, SFZ is definitely still in business. Just recently they sent us here in Little Rock over $600 in product for give-a-ways at our Top Jeep competition charity fundraiser for 4 Wheel 2 Heal on October 4th. He told me he was moving also, but still made the time to send out a bunch of goodies.
I have their tactical half doors on my JK and his Thru the Grill light mount.
True, I too wish the uppers were available for the half doors...but I probably wouldn't use them that much anyway. Love the doors even in the rain.
post #15 of 33 Old 10-23-2014, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

After several days of nervous pacing, since I placed an order and made payment) the set of doors from SFZ arrived today. With the lack of timely (or any) communication from the company, I didn't have much confidence that the doors would show up and I'd be out a big chunk of money.

I'm going to create a new post of my experience and my review of the doors (with pics)

Stay tuned.
post #16 of 33 Old 10-24-2014, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Well, we aren't off to a good start. The doors arrived.
TWO passenger side front doors. NO driver side front door. UGH.

(The rear doors, which are in 1 box, came correctly with 1 driver, 1 passenger)
[IMG][/IMG]
post #17 of 33 Old 10-24-2014, 04:46 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Well, we aren't off to a good start. The doors arrived.
TWO passenger side front doors. NO driver side front door. UGH.

(The rear doors, which are in 1 box, came correctly with 1 driver, 1 passenger)
[IMG][/IMG]
they do look nice!

although, for me half doors are 100% useless unless i have uppers in the back of the jeep. Without them, whats the point- just more work.
post #18 of 33 Old 10-24-2014, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormac827 View Post
they do look nice!

although, for me half doors are 100% useless unless i have uppers in the back of the jeep. Without them, whats the point- just more work.
The need for uppers are less of an issue here in AZ, but I can totally understand why most would want them. Since I've got full OEM doors and a hard top, I'm set for the very hot and the very cold and wet weather - I wanted something light weight, but more coverage than tube doors and these fit that need.
post #19 of 33 Old 10-24-2014, 05:28 PM
Granite Guru

They might still be in business but probably not for long if they keep up with crappy customer service and shipping mistakes. How hard is it to pack 4 different doors?
post #20 of 33 Old 10-24-2014, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtljeep View Post
They might still be in business but probably not for long if they keep up with crappy customer service and shipping mistakes. How hard is it to pack 4 different doors?
You nailed it. From my first inspection, they have a nice product that fills a niche, but their lack of responsiveness and customer service needs to be shored up big time if people are going to feel comfortable parting with their money and recommending them.

I've sent both an email, and left a voicemail (I have never reached a live person, or had anyone call me back) regarding this shipping issue - so they have an opportunity to provide timely service and garner an advocate.
post #21 of 33 Old 10-24-2014, 05:51 PM
Granite Guru

I remember seeing on their website last year that the uppers were coming soon. I stopped checking for updates a long time ago and went with the Bestop soft doors.

Yes they leak, yes they're loud but they are cheap and there are actually humans that answer the phone there.
post #22 of 33 Old 10-24-2014, 07:39 PM
Granite Guru

Things weren't always like this for SFZ though. They had great customer service until they ran into issues getting the uppers to market. After EJS, they just stopped all communications. They're movingÖ bigger facility? One where manufacturing of uppers may commence? Or is something else going on? Not sure but I have no good reason why a company stops all communications with people that want to buy their product.

The OP emailed and got a response. Hearing that, I sent them a second email and put it all on the line saying that I will be a customer but not until I hear from them that they are still around and well. I called, fb messaged, PMd, and emailed with no response. I've officially given up until SFZ gets their shit together. As soon as they do, I will be one of the first in line for their doors/uppers.
post #23 of 33 Old 10-24-2014, 07:42 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevman View Post
Yes, SFZ is definitely still in business. Just recently they sent us here in Little Rock over $600 in product for give-a-ways at our Top Jeep competition charity fundraiser for 4 Wheel 2 Heal on October 4th. He told me he was moving also, but still made the time to send out a bunch of goodies.
I have their tactical half doors on my JK and his Thru the Grill light mount.
True, I too wish the uppers were available for the half doors...but I probably wouldn't use them that much anyway. Love the doors even in the rain.
How did you/fundraiser organizer get in contact with them? Apparently, they're willing to talk with people who won't pay for their product (albeit for a great cause) and not those who are
post #24 of 33 Old 10-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Granite Guru

They might be a non-for-profit organization because it seems like they ignore everyone interested in giving them money and to those that actually get the cash to them, they mess up the order to make sure they don't try and buy anything from them again
post #25 of 33 Old 10-27-2014, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Well after an email and 2 voicemail messages - I got a call back from SFZ.

They apologized for the shipment error and said they will send me out a driver's door and a call-tag for returning the duplicative passenger's door.

I was able to convey the general sentiment regarding the frustration both customers and potential customers are feeling with the lack of timely response - things that are keeping them from garnering new sales. They admitted to falling short in the area of customer service and claims are working to remedying that.

I did mention that many on the forums are still wondering/waiting on word on uppers - he basically said that they are a small business and it takes a lot of resources to develop. (he mentioned the molds for the doors are $50k each) I suggested that if they could be more responsive to inquiries and engaged with the forums that they could sell more doors, which might provide the financial resources to develop new products (like the uppers). He agreed. I give him credit for calling me back, listening to my feedback and not taking offense to that feedback.

I hope to see a driver's door delivered by the end of the week....
(fingers crossed)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode