Rhino Lining: Opinions/Uses? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-08-2014, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Rhino Lining: Opinions/Uses?

Hey folks,
I brought my JKU to get Rhino Lining sprayed down on the entire floor. I was thinking it would be great for when I go wheeling. Just pull the rugs and have a good time.

I started thinking... is it worth the effort to put the rugs back in, or should I just run without carpet from now on? I think carpeting is nice... but why put it back. Clean-up and vacuuming should be easier with no rug everyday.

What are you guys doing? Do you leave the rugs out all the time? Does the lining offer any odd effects? Echo, heat, etc.? Anyone had it for a few years? How's it holding up?

Once I get it back, I'll shoot some pics for those interested.

Thanks,
Spaz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-08-2014, 05:00 PM
Wheeler

I did it to my YJ years ago. No carpets...like you say, why bother? I owned it for another two years, sold it to a friend who had it for a couple of years, and aside from a little fading it held up. This was whatever brand Autozone sells in a DIY kit. Herculiner I think. One kit was enough for the entire tub interior.

As far as quality: prep prep prep. Just like paint.

'12 Sport...I need to up my powerball investments, mods are expensive!
post #3 of 8 Old 10-08-2014, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

That sounds good. I appreciate the feedback. I'm really excited about it. The biggest plus for me is going to be not worrying about rain when the top and doors are off. Hosing mud out is going to be fun too. LOL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Granite Guru

I took my carpet out in 2009 and put it up in the rafters in my garage where it still sits. You should also check out LineX. I had mine done and LOVE it. The shop that did mine is in Brighton, Michigan. They do all of the AEV Jeeps, so they have plenty of experience. They removed ALL of the sound deadener and seamseal. I had them do the door thresholds and wrapped all the way down to the pinch seam.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-10-2014, 09:45 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

i got my tub rhino lined as well. Its been awesome. The rhino lining is great for the inside because its a semi rubberized coating. Line X is definitely more durable, but i prefer the rhino lining for a jeep interior. you'll definitely enjoy it.

i havent had carpets in my jeep since about 3 years ago.

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #6 of 8 Old 10-10-2014, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Great feedback folks. I am really feeling good about this.

The shop had about 4 trucks queued up ahead of me. He said It should be done Sunday. I traded the job for a Slide Fire stock for the shop owners AR15 based rifle. I am getting off the hook cheap, so I don't mind the wait.

I am fairly confident this guys is going to do an outstanding job. He painted 2 of my Mustangs and both of them have scored 3rd place or higher in every car show I have had them in.
post #7 of 8 Old 10-12-2014, 11:33 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

I got the JKU back a few hours ago. The guy didn't take the noise deadening out, which is a little disappointing, but overall it looks awesome. Once I had the interior back in, I was very happy. I'll get some pics post once the sun is shining.
post #8 of 8 Old 10-15-2014, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Well, I shot a couple quick pics. Once the rain stops and I can take the top and doors off, I'll shoot some better pictures.

I put flex loom over the wiring harnesses. I think it looks pretty good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode