Trek Armor/Bartact - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 Old 10-08-2014, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Trek Armor/Bartact

I hadn't seen anything about the newer Bartact labeled Trek Armor seat covers so I thought I would contribute. I recently purchased them in all black for a '14 Unlimited; I ordered them over the phone with Mitch and found him to be very professional. I had the choice between Trek Armor or Bartact labels as they were both in stock in the color I wanted...I went with the newer ones based on small improvements mentioned by Mitch and am very pleased with the fit and quality. I also like that the labels are black stitched and thus a bit more subtle looking than some of the pictures I have seen. I will attempt to upload some photos if anyone wants to see what they look like (same as they were but different labels).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 Old 10-08-2014, 11:13 AM
CalmerThanYouAre

I love my trek armor seat covers. They don't hold boxer hair like the factory fabric.

I support the military, fiscal responsibility, Hemp, legalization of Marijuana over 21, smaller government and the Bill of Rights.

NSA: The only part of the government that actually listens.
post #3 of 34 Old 10-08-2014, 07:40 PM
Rock God

Garage

i also really enjoy my Trek Armors, they are Germen Shephard pup approved

"Gremlin"
Nothing in my jeep is sacred, except my jelly beans and apple liquorice. Don't touch those...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 Old 10-08-2014, 08:10 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneJK View Post
i also really enjoy my Trek Armors, they are Germen Shephard pup approved
This!
post #5 of 34 Old 10-08-2014, 09:09 PM
Rock God

Garage

here ya go!
Little Lucy Belle is growing fast

"Gremlin"
Nothing in my jeep is sacred, except my jelly beans and apple liquorice. Don't touch those...

Last edited by LoneJK; 05-16-2016 at 06:52 AM.
post #6 of 34 Old 10-09-2014, 12:15 AM
Rock God

Why does everyone think Mitch is professional. My back seat covers didn't fit. I sent numerous pictures and made numerous long distant phone calls. I still have my shitty fitting rear seat covers. Fuck Mitch. Last set of Treks I'll pay for.
post #7 of 34 Old 10-09-2014, 12:46 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Weir View Post
I hadn't seen anything about the newer Bartact labeled Trek Armor seat covers so I thought I would contribute. I recently purchased them in all black for a '14 Unlimited; I ordered them over the phone with Mitch and found him to be very professional. I had the choice between Trek Armor or Bartact labels as they were both in stock in the color I wanted...I went with the newer ones based on small improvements mentioned by Mitch and am very pleased with the fit and quality. I also like that the labels are black stitched and thus a bit more subtle looking than some of the pictures I have seen. I will attempt to upload some photos if anyone wants to see what they look like (same as they were but different labels).
Appears to be the same product at the same price. What were these small improvements he described?
post #8 of 34 Old 10-09-2014, 06:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneJK View Post
Little Lucy Belle is growing fast
that little dog has a lot of growing to do to keep up with those ears!! Great pic

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 34 Old 10-09-2014, 06:58 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to warcop

I have the Bartact covers and have no complaints. I did have some issues with one of the rear head rest covers, the sewing around the velcro frayed when I installed it. I have not contacted them for a replacement yet. I got the below e-mail from Mitch that explains the difference in the new Bartact line.

"The 'BARTACT' line we are adding has mil-spec PALS spacing that is a perfect fit for all standard issue MOLLE pouches and attachments at 1" between rows, whereas the Trek Armor spacing is 2". We also added another row on the front outside bottoms for additional attachment securability. The Trek Armor version only has one row of PALS on the lower side as well as the Trek Armor logo".

I ordered my covers with the lumbar supports. If you order the lumbar supports I recommend you put some zip ties on the tube connections, mine leak. I haven't uninstalled them yet to try the zip ties but I assume they will be a good fix.

Warcop

2012 JKU Sport, Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex, Smittybilt SRC Side Armor, Mesh Grille MOD, Sony Double DIN AV Receiver, Back up Camera, Kicker Speaker Upgrade, ARB Twin Compressor, Dominion Off Road High Lift Mount, Homemade Paracord Grab Handles, Nitto Trail Grapplers, Paramount Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, KC Hilites Daylighters, under seat lock box, Metal Cloak Front Bumper, BARTACT Seat Covers, BARTACT Sun Shade, x20 Comp Winch, sPOD, ARB Air lockers, 4.10 Gears.
post #10 of 34 Old 10-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCdawg View Post
that little dog has a lot of growing to do to keep up with those ears!! Great pic
She was happy because i just ordered her some Wendys chicken nuggets lol

my treks had no hole for my lever that allows people in the back on the passanger side, so i made a slit to go around the shaft

i did remove my seats from the jeep to put the covers on however

"Gremlin"
post #11 of 34 Old 10-09-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shefferk View Post
Appears to be the same product at the same price. What were these small improvements he described?
We were contacted by numerous Jeepers and military personnel looking for a more standardized strapping system that would work seamlessly with their MOLLE Gear. The new Bartact version has mil-spec PALS spacing on the sewn-on webbing. Basically, it's only a 1" gap between the rows of webbing, whereas the Trek Armor version has a larger gap. The new version will hold any standard issue MOLLE pouch perfectly with no issues, and also allows our standard issue bags to attach a little more securely. We opted to do a double row of webbing on the outside bottoms of the fronts to hold items more securely, and only have a logo in the chest of the seat. Other than that, everything is the exact same...Made in the U.S.A., same materials, etc. We needed to create a new division so it wouldn't get confused with the current Trek Armor covers. This keeps issues to a minimum with them not matching up if someone purchased a rear bench at a later date for example.
Hopefully that clears up any confusion. Thanks!
post #12 of 34 Old 10-09-2014, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK View Post
Why does everyone think Mitch is professional. My back seat covers didn't fit. I sent numerous pictures and made numerous long distant phone calls. I still have my shitty fitting rear seat covers. Fuck Mitch. Last set of Treks I'll pay for.
I feel the need to expand on this comment...

Ron,

I never heard from you after the shipping of the replacement bench cover for the one that you said was too short back in April. I also haven't received the 'incorrect' one back from you.
I would like to clear something else up as well. For your information AGAIN, since your order was made through another vendor in another country, who is a separate division of a larger company, it was impossible for me to even find it. Please read my explanation below.
Assume you're me for a minute. You get an order from Company Division A. Division B, (a subsidiary of company A in another country), then gets an order from you. Company B issues a PO to Company A with a different PO number than company A gives me, and it is being shipped from me to Division A with no reference to Division B, or you. The order is processed and shipped. You then call me to explain that there is an issue with one of your pieces. I am more than happy to help, but don't have any of your info, so I ask you to please contact the vendor you bought it from so we can figure out exactly what you ordered. You don't want to, and in fact, refuse to do so, so I have to rely on Company Division A and Division B to track that number down together since I have absolutely ZERO information from company B regarding the order. Division A (who I deal with directly) has no record of your name because the PO from Division B only gave them a PO with no name on it. Because I have no idea what the order was, I had to get photos from you, info regarding model year etc, attempt to get Company A to find your name in the system, which they still cannot do, because you didn't try to install your seat covers for about a year after ordering them. If you would have contacted the company you purchased the product from as I asked, it could have gotten handled much more quickly and smoothly.
You call me 'unprofessional' because of something that was out of my control and you could have helped with, but refused to. Look what YOU wrote. I think we know where the unprofessionalism lies....I did my best to help you out even with no information on your order, and still got ZERO feedback after I sent you a new part.
post #13 of 34 Old 10-09-2014, 01:06 PM
JKO Addict!

Well well .. I guess you can't make everybody happy

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #14 of 34 Old 10-09-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjeeper10 View Post
Well well .. I guess you can't make everybody happy
Very true...Not for a lack of trying though.
post #15 of 34 Old 10-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Granite Guru

I have TA seat covers and I love them. And as far as Mitch being unprofessional just spend a week with him at Jeep Beach!!!!

2011 Wrangler Sport,RK 2.5 X Factor with RRD 2.0 shocks, Synergy steering, Poison Spyder bumpers narrow alum fenders diff covers, LOD sliders, Rockridge 4wd tail lights, trucklites, TF higned tire carrier, Cooper discover STT 37x13.50, 4.56 gears

Ordered a 2015 2 door Rubicon 3-23-15
post #16 of 34 Old 10-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Wheeler

I'll jump in, newbie and all. I bought my covers thru JJG. My rear headrest covers didn't fit so they got me a new set. Mitch, I'm assuming, sent out 4 new ones per the order that he got from JJG. None of those fit either, no biggie, call TA directly and lo and behold he's got a new set headed my way. Simple conversation with a good guy and its taken care of. Seems like I got a set for an earlier model year and he's got no problem fixing me up, so put a tick mark in the win column from me. And his covers are cool as shiz!!

2011 Unlimited Sport, 2.5" RE lift, Goodyear Wrangler 35's,
post #17 of 34 Old 10-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek Armor View Post
I feel the need to expand on this comment...

Ron,

I never heard from you after the shipping of the replacement bench cover for the one that you said was too short back in April. I also haven't received the 'incorrect' one back from you.
I would like to clear something else up as well. For your information AGAIN, since your order was made through another vendor in another country, who is a separate division of a larger company, it was impossible for me to even find it. Please read my explanation below.
Assume you're me for a minute. You get an order from Company Division A. Division B, (a subsidiary of company A in another country), then gets an order from you. Company B issues a PO to Company A with a different PO number than company A gives me, and it is being shipped from me to Division A with no reference to Division B, or you. The order is processed and shipped. You then call me to explain that there is an issue with one of your pieces. I am more than happy to help, but don't have any of your info, so I ask you to please contact the vendor you bought it from so we can figure out exactly what you ordered. You don't want to, and in fact, refuse to do so, so I have to rely on Company Division A and Division B to track that number down together since I have absolutely ZERO information from company B regarding the order. Division A (who I deal with directly) has no record of your name because the PO from Division B only gave them a PO with no name on it. Because I have no idea what the order was, I had to get photos from you, info regarding model year etc, attempt to get Company A to find your name in the system, which they still cannot do, because you didn't try to install your seat covers for about a year after ordering them. If you would have contacted the company you purchased the product from as I asked, it could have gotten handled much more quickly and smoothly.
You call me 'unprofessional' because of something that was out of my control and you could have helped with, but refused to. Look what YOU wrote. I think we know where the unprofessionalism lies....I did my best to help you out even with no information on your order, and still got ZERO feedback after I sent you a new part.
Would you like me to post our email responses, then you could highlight where you asked for the"said" piece back? Maybe explain why it was a hassle after 8 months and numerous phone calls, emails and pictures.
I expected the best product for my money because that's the hype I read on numerous forums, that's not what I recieived. You promised to make good. In my opinion you didn't. Fuck your company ABC. I told you where I got them. You said you'd handle it, never once was I told to go to the vendor.
IMO you fucked up. Open forum my opinion. You have lots of happy customers. I'm not one as you can see. The front covers fit good, the rears didn't , you can't please everyone. You want to please me send me covers that fit for a 2007 JKU, I'll send these back and I'll quit talking shit. Otherwise I'll shit on everyone's happy posts.
post #18 of 34 Old 10-10-2014, 06:23 AM
Wheeler

Mitch,

When are the airbag compatible covers coming out?
post #19 of 34 Old 10-10-2014, 06:44 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
You want to please me send me covers that fit for a 2007 JKU, I'll send these back and I'll quit talking shit. Otherwise I'll shit on everyone's happy posts.
Since we are posting our opinions, this guy sounds like the type of asshole to rip his seat cover on the install or something, and now he is threatening to take advantage of a reputable dealer to score free shit.

post #20 of 34 Old 10-10-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Would you like me to post our email responses, then you could highlight where you asked for the"said" piece back? Maybe explain why it was a hassle after 8 months and numerous phone calls, emails and pictures.
I expected the best product for my money because that's the hype I read on numerous forums, that's not what I recieived. You promised to make good. In my opinion you didn't. Fuck your company ABC. I told you where I got them. You said you'd handle it, never once was I told to go to the vendor.
IMO you fucked up. Open forum my opinion. You have lots of happy customers. I'm not one as you can see. The front covers fit good, the rears didn't , you can't please everyone. You want to please me send me covers that fit for a 2007 JKU, I'll send these back and I'll quit talking shit. Otherwise I'll shit on everyone's happy posts.
Ron, The 'hassle' was due to the fact that you refused to contact the vendor you received covers from in order to make this work out easily (as mentioned in my post above). Like I said, a replacement was sent in April, and am still awaiting feedback from you. That's assuming 6 months is long enough for you to figure out if it fits correctly. It must work OK, or I'm assuming you would have returned your product. You can talk all you'd like. I think everyone is grasping YOUR professionalism. I'm a manufacturer and try to please everyone. However, you are the single most disrespectful person I have met, and I am no longer willing to work with someone like you. Thanks!
post #21 of 34 Old 10-10-2014, 02:23 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek Armor View Post
Ron, The 'hassle' was due to the fact that you refused to contact the vendor you received covers from in order to make this work out easily (as mentioned in my post above). Like I said, a replacement was sent in April, and am still awaiting feedback from you. That's assuming 6 months is long enough for you to figure out if it fits correctly. It must work OK, or I'm assuming you would have returned your product. You can talk all you'd like. I think everyone is grasping YOUR professionalism. I'm a manufacturer and try to please everyone. However, you are the single most disrespectful person I have met, and I am no longer willing to work with someone like you. Thanks!
Don't be discouraged from this dudes bitching trek armor. I don't have your seat covers but do have your grab handles for the front. One day when I can afford the covers I will go with them no matter how much he crys. You guys products rock and I can't wait to be able to drop the coin on a set of front and rears.
post #22 of 34 Old 10-10-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by espi View Post
Mitch,

When are the airbag compatible covers coming out?
Shooting for December or January...It's been a lot more work than anticipated to get them right. Thanks!
post #23 of 34 Old 10-11-2014, 09:00 AM
Wheeler

I custom ordered my Trek Armor's directly from Mitch himself over the phone. I received a top quality product and when I had an issue with the install due to my own misunderstanding, Mitch himself emailed me AND contacted me through the forum to ensure all was right, and it WAS after a little guidance! Maybe if the sh*t talker above had actually taken the time to do things right, he would have had a more satisfactory experience. He/she is the only negative review I have seen so far of Trek Armor's . Mitch, thank you once again for your outstanding product AND customer service! Keep doing business the way you are, and you'll be VERY successful! Best regards from a VERY satisfied customer! Cheers!

2013 COMMANDO GREEN
6-Speed, A/C, 3.73's
Support the 2nd Amendment - It's your right!
MOLON LABE
post #24 of 34 Old 10-12-2014, 08:48 PM

getting these for my sema build
post #25 of 34 Old 10-13-2014, 06:12 PM
Wheeler

I've had my TAs for over a year. Custom ordered from Mitch. Happy as can be. He even obliged some of my dumb questions during install. Highly recommended.

SOLD: 2007 JKU Rubicon : Rescue Green : 6 Spd : 3.5" RE Lift : Rancho 9000 shocks : 35" Nitto TGs : KMC Misfits : Bulldog Fab Front Bumper/Skid : Skidrow Engine/Trans Skid : PSC Evap Skid : PSC RockerKnockers : Warn M800 Winch : SOLID Diff Covers : Poly Perf Tie Rod : Cobra 75 : KC Windshield and Bumper Lights : Tantrum Rock Lights : Dual Tops
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode