Teraflex or RK long arm upgrade??? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 10-04-2014, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Teraflex or RK long arm upgrade???

Who's got em?? Who runs em?? I've heard both companies don't dissapoint and both are some high quality stuff. What made you pick Rk over teraflex or teraflex over RK??

"first things first" "if you're not enjoying it why bother" haters this ones for you
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"WORK UNTIL YOUR IDOLS BECOME YOUR RIVALS"

09 Rubi, 3 inch skyjacker, skyjacker steering stabilizer and synergy tie rod and drag link upgrade also their heavy duty ball joints and high steer kit, 35 toyo mt, xd addicts ripp headers, AEM air intake, flowmaster force 2 series, ripp resonator, diablosportschip, red spyderwebshade, red rock lights src front bumper,2piaa lights, 8500 xrc winch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-04-2014, 06:52 PM
Rock God

Garage

Rk all the way. I have the 3 link long arm. I love it. It performs great. 100% recommend it especially with the new joints. Very happy.

I had teraflex arms prior. Hated them. Every time I went wheeling hard the snap rings popped out. And it wasn't the same joint every time. I had every single one blow out at least twice. I replaced them with rebuild kits and new fle joints. Always blew at least one out after a hard wheeling trip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Eat Liquid Gold"
post #3 of 8 Old 10-04-2014, 07:40 PM
Granite Guru

RK!!!! better than Teraflex. On the trail we've heard one guys Teraflex LA kit he was running the joints got really squeaky we thought a bearing or something was going out or it might be the AZ dirt..go RK and never look back.

On a side note you could always go Rough Country's Long Arm kit and have "higher" quality than those two...

RK for real tho..

OIF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-04-2014, 07:46 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepnPokey View Post
On a side note you could always go Rough Country's Long Arm kit and have "higher" quality than those two...
I thought you were serious the first two times I read this. Then I saw the smiley....

"Eat Liquid Gold"
post #5 of 8 Old 10-04-2014, 07:57 PM

I'm saving up for a RK but I've heard from a few people that their link bars are not the strongest & like to bend...not sure how valid that statement is or if somebody heard it from somebody who heard it from somebody & the story has been twisted &/or exaggerated along the way. either way I'm a believer in the old adage "you get what you pay for" & i'm more than willing to spend extra money for a superior product & I believe RK is a superior product.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-04-2014, 08:02 PM
Granite Guru

Haha no sir NascarRubicon, the day they become as good as RK, Teraflex, rubicon...I'll put a hemi in the wife's Lexus...

Putting a RC on a jeep no, wouldn't recommend them.that's like saying that "extra" chrome shit gives someone more flex...

OIF
post #7 of 8 Old 10-04-2014, 08:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09JK2door View Post
I'm saving up for a RK but I've heard from a few people that their link bars are not the strongest & like to bend...not sure how valid that statement is or if somebody heard it from somebody who heard it from somebody & the story has been twisted &/or exaggerated along the way. either way I'm a believer in the old adage "you get what you pay for" & i'm more than willing to spend extra money for a superior product & I believe RK is a superior product.
Where did you hear that crap? RK has a lifetime warranty on hard parts.

Also in terms of long arms, Teraflex really isn't a true long arm since their rear uppers are only 1" longer than the stock arm. This causes major binding...

post #8 of 8 Old 10-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09JK2door View Post
The rk control arms are very beefy IMO

"Eat Liquid Gold"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode