superchips flashpaq 3872 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 10-03-2014, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

superchips flashpaq 3872

Anyone running this? Reviews?

My main interest in the unit are

1. TPMS light disable
2. Swaybar light disable (doesnt list this, hoping that it has it)
3. 4 HI lockers on
4. Tire size recalibration
5. Idle up for winching

Then there is the

1. Crawl Tune??? what exactly does this do?
2. Added hp and torque

2014 JKUR, 3.5" X Factor RK lift, 40" Nitto Trail Grappler's, RIPP supercharger and UD60s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 10-09-2014, 03:37 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch79 View Post
Anyone running this? Reviews?

1. TPMS light disable
3. 4 HI lockers on
5. Idle up for winching

Then there is the

2. Added hp and torque
Yeah, i'm running it on my 09.. The only thing i'm not sure about is the Swaybar light disable. Other than that, it does all of the above. For the TPMS light disable, you'll need to update it with the "TPMS Off Road package" through their updater on your computer. The updater is called "SPARK" and you can download that any time from the superchips website. It's actually best to go ahead and get it before your flashpaq arrives so you'll be ready to rock.

To cut the TPMS off, you'll need to go to "other settings" (i think that's what it was called) on your flashpaq when it's hooked up and then click on TPMS OFF ROAD and turn that function to ON. That will cut OFF your TPMS. Yeah, kind of confusing....

All of the other features are adjustable through the TUNE menu. You'll want to choose your tune with ADVANCED OPTIONS. That's where you can mess around with your lockers, tire size and idle functions etc...

The crawl tune is supposedly good for off road use, but I actually haven't tried it yet. It does some work with throttle response etc.. I'll be using it this coming Sunday for the first time. Kind of a pain in the ass to have to flash it on the trail head and then before you get back on the road though. From what i've read, it's absolutely NOT for on road use.

Other than that, the 87 octane tune has been very nice for me and brought a little life in to my 3.8l powerhouse! I like it

Illegitimi non carborundum

2009 JK
33" Duratracs mounted on Procomp LaPaz 5029's
Modded factory fenders
Modded stock front bumper
Cobra 29 LX w/Firestik
2.5 Teraflex full suspension
OrFab Rock Sliders
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 Old 10-09-2014, 07:28 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Are you saying that the TPMS can only be disabled in OFFROAD mode? If so, that is not what I want, I want TPMS disabled all the time regardless of what program I'm running.

Can the idle up function be adjusted quickly? I wouldn't want to be trying to make programming adjustments during a recovery.

Is this unit worth the extra coin over the AEV procal in your opinion?

2014 JKUR, 3.5" X Factor RK lift, 40" Nitto Trail Grappler's, RIPP supercharger and UD60s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 10-09-2014, 10:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Are you saying that the TPMS can only be disabled in OFFROAD mode? If so, that is not what I want, I want TPMS disabled all the time regardless of what program I'm running.

Can the idle up function be adjusted quickly? I wouldn't want to be trying to make programming adjustments during a recovery.

Tpms is disabled all the time and its "off road only" for liability issues.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #5 of 10 Old 10-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Wheeler

Quote:

Yes, it will be disabled all the time, but nothing to do with you actually being flashed for any kind of "off road" settings... That's just the name of the setting, "TPMS OFF ROAD" ...

As for idle up being adjusted quickly, i've never used it.... I know that setting can be made in "advanced settings" when you set up your tune, so perhaps it's something you just set up to what you want when you flash your original tune. I would assume that is the case, because if you had to flash that shit on the fly, it would definitely take a few minutes and be a pain... So, i can't imagine it's that difficult

As for that versus the procal, I couldn't tell ya.... I've never used the procal, but it looks like a pain in the ass to use, that's for sure! I honestly like my flashpaq, but if I had the coin I would have rather gotten the Traildash... but, that's mucho dinero!!

2009 JK
Modded factory fenders
Cobra 29 LX w/Firestik
OrFab Rock Sliders
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 10 Old 10-09-2014, 10:17 PM
Granite Guru

Stick with the flashpaq I run one in my jk does a great job. I wouldn't even bother with the procal.

OIF
post #7 of 10 Old 10-09-2014, 10:22 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepnPokey View Post
Stick with the flashpaq I run one in my jk does a great job. I wouldn't even bother with the procal.
Yup, what he said!

2009 JK
Modded factory fenders
Cobra 29 LX w/Firestik
OrFab Rock Sliders
post #8 of 10 Old 10-10-2014, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
re:superchips flashpaq 3872

1. TPMS light disable
3. 4 HI lockers on
5. Idle up for winching

Then there is the

2. Added hp and torque

run the 3.8 and a JK? the 3872 shoulda been the 1st upgrade I did after 35s and wheels/ I just got one a few months back & its worth every penny. The crawl tune is great except for the 4-6 min modification to that tune over your street one....I have an '11 I daily dive as well as wheel really hard 2 times per month after at least a 60 mile[sometimes a 300 mile] drive and its changed my opinion of the engine. It isnt an LS but the shift point settings alone are worth the moolah...
i havent done this TPMS Off Road setting as I dont see that option with latest update from SPARK App.)what a ghae name...(makes me think of S.Park's Stan, "sparky; dont be ghae!")..mayne i missed the option and need to go back, but i am so used to the TPMS LED blinking I dont even notice any more, but everything is a 'PRO' versus the one 'CON' being having to hook it up and re-tune to make changed like the increased RPM for winching and setting CRAWL tune versus 91 [ mine] ...all takes about 5-10 total min of time, so there ya go. I recommend heavily , even with that annoyance. Same diags as the trailDash PIDs can be read but just not displayed like on the highest end with touch screen ....
oh- added HP between 10-22HP dependent on your chosen petrol and tire size and engine condition and lotsa other stuff. But yes, it is noticeable.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 10-10-2014 at 05:41 AM.
post #9 of 10 Old 10-10-2014, 10:00 PM

Pretty happy with the 3872 on my 12 jku. I could imagine you would be to with those 35's if you haven't had it reprogrammed for those. Havent used the Crawl function, just keeping it on the 87 tune. Love the shift point correction you get from it.
post #10 of 10 Old 10-11-2014, 06:05 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post

1. TPMS light disable
3. 4 HI lockers on
run the 3.8 and a JK? the 3872 shoulda been the 1st upgrade I did after 35s and wheels/ I just got one a few months back & its worth every penny. The crawl tune is great except for the 4-6 min modification to that tune over your street one....I have an '11 I daily dive as well as wheel really hard 2 times per month after at least a 60 mile[sometimes a 300 mile] drive and its changed my opinion of the engine. It isnt an LS but the shift point settings alone are worth the moolah...
i havent done this TPMS Off Road setting as I dont see that option with latest update from SPARK App.)what a ghae name...(makes me think of S.Park's Stan, "sparky; dont be ghae!")..mayne i missed the option and need to go back, but i am so used to the TPMS LED blinking I dont even notice any more, but everything is a 'PRO' versus the one 'CON' being having to hook it up and re-tune to make changed like the increased RPM for winching and setting CRAWL tune versus 91 [ mine] ...all takes about 5-10 total min of time, so there ya go. I recommend heavily , even with that annoyance. Same diags as the trailDash PIDs can be read but just not displayed like on the highest end with touch screen ....
oh- added HP between 10-22HP dependent on your chosen petrol and tire size and engine condition and lotsa other stuff. But yes, it is noticeable.

Figuring the TPMS out was a pain in the ass for me too. So, here's how it finally worked for me. I downloaded the update through the SPARK updater and then unhooked the flashpaq from the computer and shut down SPARK. I then reopened SPARK and hooked the flashpaq back up and i'm assuming it "installed" at that point. Then I hooked it up to the Jeep and it was there.

Now, using it is a bit confusing. The "TPMS OFF ROAD" setting is not within the "TUNE" section. On the main screen, you need to scroll down to "other settings" or some shit. I can't remember exactly what it was called. Anyway, you'll get a whole list of options, one of which is TPMS OFF ROAD. Once you click that, your choices are simply ON or OFF. That's a bit confusing too, but you need to set it to ON. It's gonna tell you that setting is for off road use only, but that's just legal jargon I guess.... That IS the setting that absolutely turns OFF your TPMS light.

So, in short.... Go to setting and Set TPMS OFF ROAD to ON.

That interface could definitely be a hair easier.... but, it works!

2009 JK
Modded factory fenders
Cobra 29 LX w/Firestik
OrFab Rock Sliders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode