Truly wheeled for the first time today... and came out with a scar - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 09-27-2014, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Truly wheeled for the first time today... and came out with a scar

Well guys, it's official, I finally got to go on a real wheeling trip today and had one HELL of a time! I had joined up with a group here at Tech and a few of us got together (5 jeeps and 2 quads) and drove up to Amarillo to the Canadian River and wheeled from about 11 til 5. For those who may know the trails, we wen as far east as possible (Chicken Creek, and please correct me if I'm wrong) and then to Widow Hill on the west side of the highway. Total damages were 1 quad getting rolled in the river (the guy drove into about the only in the crossing) and on the last leg (Widow's Hill), I managed to somehow break the shaft on my passenger rear shock about an inch above the eye on the way up... hopefully Fox will warranty it...

But the moral is that I'm officially hooked and learned a lot and leaned what all my JK more or less would benefit from (lockers, winch, rock sliders, ect) but overall, my 2.5" budget boosted, Fox 2.0s, chopped bumper, chopped flat fenders, and 35's managed everything and asked for more. Overall, I'm one impressed and pround SOB of my rig!

And no, no pictures this time around unfortunately
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-27-2014, 07:56 PM
Rock God

Garage

Congrats, and welcome to the downward slide! It's pretty wild what these Jeeps will do stock. With a few mods, the capability rises exponentially.

You're on the right path now by joining a group and learning the local trails and what your Jeep will do. My advice would be make a list of what you think you need and arrange it by priority. Pick away at everything a piece at a time, so you don't end up overwhelmed. I'd say get something to protect those rocker panels first, they are pretty vulnerable and the sheet metal on a JK bends in the wind. After that your on your own.

And get pictures next time.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode