Looking for Grab Handle Reviews? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 01-19-2010, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Looking for Grab Handle Reviews?

I am currently looking at 2 solid grab handles, I know that there are the nylon velcro straps, but personally I don't like them. I was wondering if anyone has used either of these, and if so can you let me know how you like them?

Leaning more toward this one, especially since it has a matching back one.
h t t p://w w w.polyperformance.com/shop/Poly-Performance-Jeep-JK-2-4-Door-Grab-Handles-p-19473.html

Problem I have with this one, is after I see the install sheet, the way it connects to the rollbar is by a hose clamp, but not really sure if that is a big issue.
h t t p://w w w .edgs.ca/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

Thanks in advance

Flick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2013 Gecko Rubi Unlimited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 01-19-2010, 03:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by flick View Post
I am currently looking at 2 solid grab handles, I know that there are the nylon velcro straps, but personally I don't like them. I was wondering if anyone has used either of these, and if so can you let me know how you like them?

Leaning more toward this one, especially since it has a matching back one.
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...s-p-19473.html

Problem I have with this one, is after I see the install sheet, the way it connects to the rollbar is by a hose clamp, but not really sure if that is a big issue.
http://www.edgs.ca/index.php?route=p...&product_id=51

Thanks in advance
fixed it for 'ya, no need for broken links here.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #3 of 31 Old 01-19-2010, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks it was obviously a copy/paste ;-)

Flick

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 01-19-2010, 03:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

I added solid grab handles and it had a Rockhard cage attached to 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #5 of 31 Old 01-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Granite Guru

I love my poly handles. The fitment is a good as you can cut the plastic, but they are bomb proof and look very factory installed.

2008 Silver "Sara" Unltd
Aboveumall.com Muffler Relocation
Woods Evap Relo
Rough Country 3.25" Suspension Lift
Rough Country quick discos
Rough Country double steering stablizer
wussy interior mods galore
2 Sunshine Kids carseats that exactly match the stock fabric
post #6 of 31 Old 01-19-2010, 03:57 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Thanks it was obviously a copy/paste ;-)
if it was a c&p from where I think it was, get ready for the ban hammer!

Quote:
post #7 of 31 Old 01-19-2010, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
I added solid grab handles and it had a Rockhard cage attached to 'em
I love those, but they won't just sell the handle, and right now I don't need the cage for $600.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
if it was a c&p from where I think it was, get ready for the ban hammer!
Well I went back and checked, and the site automatically took out one of the names, Poly Performance, and changed it to all ***. I noticed the same thing happened when I PM'd a link to someone for a trailer for sale over here. I just wish we could all get along I mean, aren't we all just supposed to be about our love for our JKs?

Flick

post #8 of 31 Old 01-19-2010, 04:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
I mean, aren't we all just supposed to be about our love for our JKs?
not that site, its all about love for wasteoflife and making money for him.

you not only tried to type polyperformance, but tried to circumvent the *** system
plus have the nerve to be a member here

I smell an infraction point in your future, if not a throttled account or a full on ban!

I got banned for mentioning poly a looong time ago
don't worry, if it happens, it'll be the best thing for ya!

Quote:
post #9 of 31 Old 01-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Rock God

^^ what he said about Rock Hard. Great welds and super beefy. Super happy with mine.

-Established April 1, 1983-
No dues, No rules, No President
ALL FUN!
post #10 of 31 Old 01-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Rock God

Not trying to derail the thread here but im gonna go make an account on the "other site" and just make one thread with a LIST of manufactureres that they don't allow you to talk about. I've avoided that site like the plague. I don't even read threads linked to that site due to the nature of the information you get from there.
post #11 of 31 Old 01-19-2010, 04:35 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

yea its funn getting banned

but there is a thread for talking about it in the dirty laundry section

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #12 of 31 Old 01-19-2010, 04:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

to get somewhat back on track
if you look at the pic, I actually still run both style handles
the RH handles are great getting in but I usually prefer the location of the nylon Raingler ones while wheeling
same in the back, I have the RH harness bar for a solid hand hold and the nylon jobs up top

I got all my raingler soft handles during the crutchfield.com sale for $4.99 each

Quote:
post #13 of 31 Old 01-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Rock God

I have the Mastercraft handles and love them.
post #14 of 31 Old 01-19-2010, 06:56 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednroll View Post
Wow!!! I didn't even know they restricted you from mentioning non sponsored manufacturers on that other site. I'm glad when I 1st bought my JK, I was previously a member of a Jeep Liberty forum and one of the forum members over there referred me to this site. He basically told me...since you now own a Wrangler, you'll want to go visit the nice folks at Jkowners.com to help you along with getting it modified. I sure am glad I was given good advise. The more I learn about that other site, the more it gives me a bad taste in my mouth.
There's a list, not just non sponsoring vendors....and there are some not on the list (i.e. N2rock), the filter automatically makes it go ******

Back on topic again
I like the looks of the Poly one better, not sure how that foam would hold up on the other one , but I do like how it attaches in the front.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #15 of 31 Old 01-19-2010, 07:37 PM
Rock God

Send a message via AIM to FHMan1905
Poly Performance!

I have these Poly Performance handles and love them....they look factory with minimal trimming. Super easy install! about $130 for the set front and rear...still waiting on my rears to get here since they were backordered from quadratec.

2007 Sahara Unlimited
4" Lift, 35" KM2's, Soft 8's, 4" HIDx windshield mounted, Finishlinewest rocksliders and 4.0 bumper, Bestop Trektop!

post #16 of 31 Old 01-19-2010, 09:50 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I've had the same set of Mastercraft's for 2 years and they are as good as new. They have 3 wide straps to prevent sag and come in colors:

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #17 of 31 Old 01-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHMan1905 View Post
I have these Poly Performance handles and love them....they look factory with minimal trimming. Super easy install! about $130 for the set front and rear...still waiting on my rears to get here since they were backordered from quadratec.

That looks okay but I think this looks better and it takes zero trimming; oh yeah, and it's padded

2008 Rubicon 2 Dr 6 speed
Stone White
post #18 of 31 Old 01-19-2010, 11:19 PM
Rock God

I'm happy with the Safari Straps 6 handle set.

~ Clam
post #19 of 31 Old 01-20-2010, 10:03 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Clam View Post
I'm happy with the Safari Straps 6 handle set.
Me too and they are awesome, but OP doesn't want them.

Quote:
I am currently looking at 2 solid grab handles, I know that there are the nylon velcro straps, but personally I don't like them. I was wondering if anyone has used either of these, and if so can you let me know how you like them?.......

Quote:
post #20 of 31 Old 01-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold knight View Post
Me too and they are awesome, but OP doesn't want them.
OOPS.. refer to custom user title I guess.

Back on Topic!

~ Clam
post #21 of 31 Old 01-20-2010, 11:26 AM
Rock God

I prefer the soft handels myself. Cheap, easy to move around or out of the way, can't bang your head on them.

I just picked up some of the Raingler.com ones when I ordered my nets. Had them in the TJ too and was kinda surprised they hold my 230lbs with no problem. Pretty cheap way to add them to all your door locations in a 4 door.

Front.

Rear.

Here is what they look like before install. That entire velcro section is what holds them together VERY tight.

post #22 of 31 Old 01-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Granite Guru

I got a cheap set of knockoffs from ebay, for $20 free shipping. They look just like the mastercraft one's, with three velcro straps to hold them in place. For everyday driving, I use the middle strap to hold the handle up and out of the way.
Attached Images

post #23 of 31 Old 03-31-2010, 10:13 AM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Renzo Fighter

[/QUOTE]

what make are these?

Click on this and fight!!
post #24 of 31 Old 03-31-2010, 12:03 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzo Fighter View Post
what make are these?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what he said! Gotta have em!!!!
post #25 of 31 Old 03-31-2010, 02:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

EDGS Rigrips out of canada
The rear of the handle connects with a hose clamp
http://www.edgs.ca/index.php?route=p...&product_id=50

Poly also makes a similar product
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...s-p-19473.html

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode