Teraflex D60 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 01-19-2010, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Teraflex D60

hey.. i was wondering why i dont see anyone running the Teraflex D60 rear.. i dont know when the front comes out.. but i know i saw pics of the teraflex right with the front d60...

so whats the reason why no one is running the teraflex rear d60? i bet i could get a cheaper then a currie rock jock..

07 2dr Rubicon - Teraflex 6" LA - 37 KM2's - LoD rear bumper - Rockhard front stubby - Poison Spyder Flares - etc.

upcoming: Front D60, 40's, beadlocks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 01-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Rock God

I'm waiting for the front to come out so I can get a better deal on the pair

09 Unlimited Rubicon Flame Red
~8.5" TeraFlex LCG Long Arm
~41x14.50 Interco IROK Radials
~20x10 RBP-93R wheels with red inserts
~RCV Performance front D44 CV-style axle shafts
~Posion Spyder Crusher flares, Rock Brawler Bumper, Rocker Knockers w/sliders and Hawse fairlead
~Warn 9.5ti Winch w/synthetic line
~Rhino Lining tub
~Katzkin interior
~10lb Powertank & VIAR Xtreme
~Drake Off-Road billet bling
Check out my build here....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 22 Old 01-19-2010, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

u will have to let me know what u think of them.. cause i know there gonna be cheaper then curries =)

07 2dr Rubicon - Teraflex 6" LA - 37 KM2's - LoD rear bumper - Rockhard front stubby - Poison Spyder Flares - etc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 01-19-2010, 11:39 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I've tossed the idea around of running the rear with my stock front and putting 38's under it.

Right now, I'm weighing the benefits of getting the front, too, when it's released against just putting in some RCV's and some gussets, etc. in the stock 44.

Decisions, decisions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #5 of 22 Old 01-19-2010, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

well also.. i see on the site it says feel safe with 38's... so they saying not to run over 40's on it? lol

post #6 of 22 Old 01-19-2010, 12:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I think if you're easy with the skinny pedal, then you could run 40's and probably even 42's on them (front and rear). Not sure how far I'd push the front 44 even with the rear 60.

Quote:

post #7 of 22 Old 01-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Are Teraflex's axles all American made ?
post #8 of 22 Old 01-23-2010, 02:49 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Good question.

Quote:

post #9 of 22 Old 01-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Wheeler

I will have to find out if they are american made or not. I have a customers rock buggy with them front and rear and will be taking the front apart to replace a seal so will look it over good. I am in the process of installing curries in my jk right now. My pics are on the shop computer so will have to post them Monday. It was a hard decision for me being a dynatrac, teraflex and currie dealer. But I think I will really like the curries.

Rocket City Offroad Inc.
1645 Elk Street
Rock Springs, WY 82901
(307) 362-7925

post #10 of 22 Old 01-23-2010, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

im just looking for a killer deal.. =)

i do notice teraflex 60s dont that that skid like currie does..or i just saw old pics..

post #11 of 22 Old 01-24-2010, 05:43 AM
Wheeler

I think that skid is a great deal, and I think currie is the only one that includes it. Honestly I went with the curries because I am able to get a better deal on them.

I think they all do the job pretty well when it comes down to it. I was just looking at superiors catalog that came the other day and that super 14, if my memory serves, looks pretty damn sweet too. Lots of options and thats the cool part.

Rocket City Offroad Inc.
1645 Elk Street
Rock Springs, WY 82901
(307) 362-7925

post #12 of 22 Old 01-24-2010, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

maybe i should become a dealer for a week just to get the curries.. lol

post #13 of 22 Old 01-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwest View Post
Are Teraflex's axles all American made ?
From the product description.

100% engineered, designed, and built in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGEN View Post
hey.. i was wondering why i dont see anyone running the Teraflex D60 rear
Most people aren't having problems with the rear. And if they do, I'm sure they have a problem with the front too. I can't see upgrading just the rear unless you're putting a lot of weight back there.
post #14 of 22 Old 02-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGEN View Post
hey.. i was wondering why i dont see anyone running the Teraflex D60 rear.. i dont know when the front comes out.. but i know i saw pics of the teraflex right with the front d60...

so whats the reason why no one is running the teraflex rear d60? i bet i could get a cheaper then a currie rock jock..
BIGEN I agree with your question, I haven't figured out why Teraflex D60s aren't more popular.

Being American made AND cheaper than Curries & Dynatrac, and having Teraflex's steller reputation for their lifts and other products, why aren't their axles more popular ??

Dynatrac may be recognized as being top-notch, but their price is beyond high. If anyone has Curries D60, why did you pick them over Teraflex ?

Pls VOTE for kid's Lego Jeep JK @

35s on 7105 17x9, 2.5" TF coil lift, AEV snorkel, Warrior steel Fenders, Lightforce spots, Rigid 12" Lightbar in hood scoop, Skids & side Armor, Katzkin Leather, Ravelco, Duster, Trunk Lockbox & Cargo Tray. >> FRONT Olympic Rock + Stinger + Ares winch plate + Warn 9.5. >> REAR Expedition One carrier + 53" Hi-Lift.
post #15 of 22 Old 02-08-2010, 08:42 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwest View Post
BIGEN I agree with your question, I haven't figured out why Teraflex D60s aren't more popular.

Being American made AND cheaper than Curries & Dynatrac, and having Teraflex's steller reputation for their lifts and other products, why aren't their axles more popular ??

Dynatrac may be recognized as being top-notch, but their price is beyond high. If anyone has Curries D60, why did you pick them over Teraflex ?
x3, doesn't seem like they push them much either, maybe that's the reason?

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #16 of 22 Old 02-08-2010, 10:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Because 90% of the D60s being sold for the JK are front Axles. It really makes no sense to put a D60 in the rear (replacing the HD 44) and leaving the D30 or the Rubi Wanna-bee 44 in the front. Unlike previous model Jeeps that came with the horribly weak D35 in the rear, The JK rear axle is pretty damn good from the factory. Currie offers an excellent product with many extras (high steer, CM tie rod, Johnny joints, bigger brakes, skids, manual locking hubs) at a realistic price point, so your average shopper goes that route.

Then when people go to upgrade the rear at a later date, they don't mix and match axles and stick with the same Manufacturer. I think Teraflex made a big mistake by not coming to market with a front axle first. Had they done that, they might have half the JK axle market share right now.
post #17 of 22 Old 02-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
Because 90% of the D60s being sold for the JK are front Axles. It really makes no sense to put a D60 in the rear (replacing the HD 44) and leaving the D30 or the Rubi Wanna-bee 44 in the front. Unlike previous model Jeeps that came with the horribly weak D35 in the rear, The JK rear axle is pretty damn good from the factory. Currie offers an excellent product with many extras (high steer, CM tie rod, Johnny joints, bigger brakes, skids, manual locking hubs) at a realistic price point, so your average shopper goes that route.

Then when people go to upgrade the rear at a later date, they don't mix and match axles and stick with the same Manufacturer. I think Teraflex made a big mistake by not coming to market with a front axle first. Had they done that, they might have half the JK axle market share right now.
Good thoughts!

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #18 of 22 Old 02-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Granite Guru

If you have 60's why couldn't you run 40's?? the Dynatracs i have i was told i could easily run 42's and a 5.7L Hemi without fear of breaking...

If Currie or Tereflex rate them to only 38's then I would be leary of how they are built??

My honest opinion is the currie setup can easily do 40 - 42" tires and I know guys are doing it. I can't say much about the tereflex setup however.
post #19 of 22 Old 02-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Wheeler

A local dealership gives our club a pretty good discount on parts. He quoted me 3500 for a Teraflex rear 60, ARB, 5.13's, tax and delivery included. Not a bad price but Teraflex is having a hard time with production. The parts guy said it would be months before I could expect delivery
post #20 of 22 Old 02-09-2010, 02:25 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

As of Jan 26th direct from TeraFlex...

...the fronts are taking much longer than we had wanted. I actually don’t expect them until November. The main issue is we are short on man power in the development side of the business and we had some axle shaft setbacks on the rear axles. Even our rears are out about two more months.

Quote:

post #21 of 22 Old 02-10-2010, 05:12 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjkj View Post
As of Jan 26th direct from TeraFlex...

...the fronts are taking much longer than we had wanted. I actually donít expect them until November. The main issue is we are short on man power in the development side of the business and we had some axle shaft setbacks on the rear axles. Even our rears are out about two more months.
Cheers. Annoying for them and many of us that respect Teraflex's quality but looking for a reasonably priced D60. Will be watching this thread even closer : "River Raider - Heavyduty JK Axles " https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21999

Pls VOTE for kid's Lego Jeep JK @

35s on 7105 17x9, 2.5" TF coil lift, AEV snorkel, Warrior steel Fenders, Lightforce spots, Rigid 12" Lightbar in hood scoop, Skids & side Armor, Katzkin Leather, Ravelco, Duster, Trunk Lockbox & Cargo Tray. >> FRONT Olympic Rock + Stinger + Ares winch plate + Warn 9.5. >> REAR Expedition One carrier + 53" Hi-Lift.
post #22 of 22 Old 02-10-2010, 06:58 AM
Wheeler

If anyone is shopping for axles give me a shout at [email protected] I am a dealer for all three being discussed and will get out a quote with shipping direct to you.

I think the setbacks with teraflex are one of the biggest reasons people are going other routes. I love the teraflex product line, sell alot of it and run it on my jeep. I went with Currie's for several reasons, but one being they are great people to work with and I got them in pretty quick. Finally have them buttoned up and will be finally driving the jeep again.

Rocket City Offroad Inc.
1645 Elk Street
Rock Springs, WY 82901
(307) 362-7925

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode