P0520 Code - Oil Pressure Switch - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-21-2014, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
P0520 Code - Oil Pressure Switch

The JK threw this code yesterday at startup after I'd been driving a while.

P0520 - Oil Pressure Switch

I've done some searching and it seems that the sensors go bad quite often. Dropping it off at the dealer on Monday morning first thing.

From reading, they have to remove the upper and lower intake manifold to get to the switch.

The EVIC reads a steady 99spi of oil pressure which can't be right. Engine runs fine with no unusual noises.

Anyone else have this issue on their Pentastar?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Granite,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-21-2014, 12:04 PM
Granite Guru

I've had mine replaced twice on my 13. Once at 2500 miles and then again at 8000 miles. What sucks is it is under the intake manifold so they have to take the top of your engine apart
post #3 of 6 Old 09-21-2014, 12:08 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Pentadisastar problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-21-2014, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrockjeepin View Post
I've had mine replaced twice on my 13. Once at 2500 miles and then again at 8000 miles. What sucks is it is under the intake manifold so they have to take the top of your engine apart
They have replaced oil pumps for that code as well. I'm going to ask them to take an oil pressure reading with a manual gauge if they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Pentadisastar problems...
I'd still take one over the 3.8. I've had both.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #5 of 6 Old 09-22-2014, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

I called the dealer this morning - I've known the top service writer for years. I told him what was wrong and he said "yeah, we've seen that before". They have an oil pressure switch in stock, but their shop is backed up. I'm dropping it off on Friday morning and picking it up Monday. Works great for me because I'm out of town this weekend.

I'll let y'all know what happens.

, Granite,
post #6 of 6 Old 08-11-2015, 02:24 PM
Wheeler

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
I'll let y'all know what happens.
So... is it still in the shop ?

Just had the P0520 CEL on my 13 JK. Only has 12k miles on it. Going back to the dealer Friday AM.

Your 14 EVIC shows oil pressure ??? Must be an update from 2013s. My JKs EVIC does not show oil pressure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode