Pistol storage - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 Old 01-18-2010, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Pistol storage

I often carry a gun in my jeep and would like to know how others store their firearm, but also know no one wants to tell their secret to hiding their pistol. But want to know if others use a product to store their guns in the jeep like a saftey box that bolts to the jeep. I usually have the gun easly accessable area for when im concerned with safety!

TERAFLEX 3"
BFG KM2 35"
Flowmaster 44
LoD Stubby Front Bumper
S-Pod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 Old 01-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxcobaltrubi View Post
I often carry a gun in my jeep and would like to know how others store their firearm, but also know no one wants to tell their secret to hiding their pistol. But want to know if others use a product to store their guns in the jeep like a saftey box that bolts to the jeep. I usually have the gun easly accessable area for when im concerned with safety!
Wow. My biggest concern (being the sheltered Canadian I am) is where to put my drink if the cup is too big to fit in the holder. I am really looking forward to reading this thread.

G
post #3 of 54 Old 01-18-2010, 08:44 PM
Wheeler

Laws vary from state to state. You do not indicate where you are from. In Kalifornia you would loose the gun if it was found loaded and accessible to the driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 Old 01-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to kerryp Send a message via Skype™ to kerryp

currently I have one of the cheapy lock boxes that have an armored cable that you loop around something solid,,,,its not a perfect solution, but better than the stock console and will do until i can get a Tuffy....

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=506915

I keep it on me when I have it. I can't take it to work, so instead of risking it in the jeep, I leave it at home...

If I have it on me and I have to go into a bank or something, i'll temporarily lock it up in this thing for a few minutes...

ジープ
@CigarsNJeeps
post #5 of 54 Old 01-18-2010, 09:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

tuffy full console has been the only thing I've found that I'm happy with
I couldnt find ANYWHERE to mount my gunvault

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #6 of 54 Old 01-18-2010, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Im located in arizona, which i usually have my pistol 90 persent of the time, unless going to one of my little brothers school functions

TERAFLEX 3"
BFG KM2 35"
Flowmaster 44
LoD Stubby Front Bumper
S-Pod
post #7 of 54 Old 01-18-2010, 10:40 PM
Rock God

Garage

my gun stays on me.. which is concealed.. so it rarely stays in the jeep.. cause if im going out drinking it stays at home. and if i know im going somewhere where guns arent aloud i most likely keep it at home.. but if im out and forget i have it on me i just put it in the center console and lock it.. even though thats not the safest thing i still do it..

but im looking to do a little setup under the seat.. since no one robbing ur jeep will look under there..

kerryp.. ur laws suck.. i can carry my pistol into a bank.. but it has to be opened carried.. also i can go out to a bar with it.. also need to be open carried ( no drinking )

07 2dr Rubicon - Teraflex 6" LA - 37 KM2's - LoD rear bumper - Rockhard front stubby - Poison Spyder Flares - etc.

upcoming: Front D60, 40's, beadlocks.

Last edited by BiGEN; 01-18-2010 at 10:44 PM.
post #8 of 54 Old 01-18-2010, 10:50 PM

Yup this is why i LOVE Va, I have mouted a solid plastic holster to the side of the center console where it will sit between the seat and the console for easy access
post #9 of 54 Old 01-18-2010, 11:05 PM
fnc
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGEN View Post
my gun stays on me.. which is concealed.. so it rarely stays in the jeep.. cause if im going out drinking it stays at home. and if i know im going somewhere where guns arent aloud i most likely keep it at home.. but if im out and forget i have it on me i just put it in the center console and lock it.. even though thats not the safest thing i still do it..
That's pretty much the way I do it. I keep my CCW's (multiple states) current. Also, I never leave my gun in my Jeep overnight. It goes inside with me, whether it be my house, a tent, or a hotel room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I can taste your meat from all the way up here.
post #10 of 54 Old 01-19-2010, 04:18 AM
Rock God

I usually carry mine on me too. No concealed carry permit for me so its always in the open. Same in NC as VA for banks. On Military bases, I lock the gun in center console or glove compartment and carry the clip with me. That is after I pass thtough the gate.

I have a jeep and it goes over shit.
post #11 of 54 Old 01-19-2010, 06:10 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to Squirrel Killer

Always on me. No use carrying if it aint on you. Kinda like a Jeep with no gas. Just isnt right. If I know that I am going somewhere I will be drinking, leave it at home. Otherwise, on my side 24/7.

2013 Commando Green Sport S
TF 2.5", RK Control Arms, Gobi Stealth Rack, Level 8 Tracker Pro on 35's, TruckLite LEDs, TrailDash
-Sean
post #12 of 54 Old 01-19-2010, 07:02 AM
Granite Guru

I currently have something similiar to Kerryp......but there is another thread somewhere where guys were getting really creative with compartments and fabricating their own little storage area in the JK.....I think there were a lot of great ideas but nothing that worked for everyone....cannot find thread now.

Long term solution is to get tuffy or some other security glove box or center consol...

But as others have mentioned.....I try to keep on me or leave home.....depending on where I am going.
post #13 of 54 Old 01-19-2010, 07:10 AM
Rock God

I too am from AZ and carry mine all the time.
I don't drink anymore and rarely go out to dinner.
I ALWAYS have it when we are wheeling.
When we travel to Kalifornia I have it with me too.
They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hands.
I will be carrying it when we run Rubicon this year.
It may not be on my belt but it will be loaded and accessable to me at all times.

'09 4dr Rubi Detonator Yellow
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s they SUCK!
Rugged Ridge XHD bumper Warn 9.5ti
3.5 Mid arm Rock Krawler
Finally 5.13s
post #14 of 54 Old 01-19-2010, 07:30 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

CCW in FL here. Either on my person or in a pocket holster stuffed between the center console and seat. Occasionally I'll lock it in the glove if I'm going inside a school, government bldg or such where concealed carry is not permitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
zjr- I'm not that horny, but I have been known to salivate over your meat.
post #15 of 54 Old 01-19-2010, 08:33 AM
TrailDuty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiGEN View Post
kerryp.. ur laws suck.. i can carry my pistol into a bank.. but it has to be opened carried.. also i can go out to a bar with it.. also need to be open carried ( no drinking )
You can carry concealed in a bank in Texas. Bars (or anywhere making 51% of their money from alcohol) is a no-no though.
post #16 of 54 Old 01-19-2010, 10:50 AM
JKO Addict!

the pannel where your knees are flips down and the entire top of your center arm rest is hollow in addition to there being an underside "pocket" that if covered with matching plastic and velcro would never be seen or noticed.

I am just saying.
post #17 of 54 Old 01-19-2010, 11:47 AM

AZ Laws

I have been looking at the G.E.A.R seat covers and they have the MOLE attachments on the front of the lower seat (between your knees) that I thought would be a nice spot. You could keep a holter there for when your driving and carry one on your side and just transition when you leave the vehicle. As far as AZ goes, you can pretty much carry anywhere concealed. Schools you have to remove it and put it somewhere in your car that locks and must not be visible while you make the transition, but you can carry in bars, restaraunts etc, unless there posted no weapons. Even then concealed means concealed, they shouldn't know your carrying anyways and they can only ask you to leave, if you refuse then big trouble in little china.
post #18 of 54 Old 01-19-2010, 02:30 PM
Wheeler

Smile Pistol Storage

I keep my 357 magnum in a holster under the front seat. In Arizona, if its in a holster in your vehicle and hiddened, it's not considered concealed; however I do have a AZ concealed carry permit.
post #19 of 54 Old 01-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Wheeler

I have been looking for a good way to carry mine but I run with the top off most of the time so locking the Jeep is not an option. I was trying to find the best hidden but accessable option. Lock boxes and the tuffy products don't really sound like a good option since you would have to keep locking them and unlocking them everytime you get in or out of the Jeep to keep it accessable.
post #20 of 54 Old 01-19-2010, 03:25 PM
Granite Guru

Ok... I have a question, and please don't take this the wrong way..

Why do you carry a gun?

I personally don't own a handgun, but I do have a 12guage, and a .22. The 12 gauge is for hunting and trap shooting. The .22 is really just for target shooting. It was actually my dad gun, that he has had since he was 15. He gave it to me when I turned 16, and now I have passed it onto my son.

Not to hijack the thread, but just curious...
post #21 of 54 Old 01-19-2010, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

For protection, and toys 7 handguns 3 assault rifles and shotgun, why do people hunt? Cause they can.

TERAFLEX 3"
BFG KM2 35"
Flowmaster 44
LoD Stubby Front Bumper
S-Pod
post #22 of 54 Old 01-19-2010, 03:38 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

because the bad guys do.
and because I can

ever see the results of forcefully telling someone on drugs or intent on criminal activities to "please stop?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMoore View Post
Ok... I have a question, and please don't take this the wrong way..

Why do you carry a gun?

I personally don't own a handgun, but I do have a 12guage, and a .22. The 12 gauge is for hunting and trap shooting. The .22 is really just for target shooting. It was actually my dad gun, that he has had since he was 15. He gave it to me when I turned 16, and now I have passed it onto my son.

Not to hijack the thread, but just curious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.

Last edited by venom; 01-19-2010 at 03:40 PM.
post #23 of 54 Old 01-19-2010, 03:46 PM
Granite Guru

The only time you really need a gun...is when you really need a gun.

God created man , Sam Colt made them equal.

"It's inhabitants are as the man once said all the pimps, whores and sons of bitches by which he meant everybody" J. Steinbeck

TeraFlex 2.5" Coil Lift/Shocks, 35X12.50's, Black Rock Wheels, TeraFlex Steering Stabalizer, 4.88 gears, aFe CAI, aFe throttle body spacer. Finish Line West Gen 4.0 rear bumper, River Raider Evap Skid, Superchips-tuned. Smittybuilt SRC Front Bumper.
post #24 of 54 Old 01-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob7765 View Post
I have been looking for a good way to carry mine but I run with the top off most of the time so locking the Jeep is not an option. I was trying to find the best hidden but accessable option. Lock boxes and the tuffy products don't really sound like a good option since you would have to keep locking them and unlocking them everytime you get in or out of the Jeep to keep it accessable.
Those are really your only options. There is no real hidden but accessable option. I mean sure just throw it under your seat IF you dont mind coming back to your jeep one day to notice your weapon is no longer there. The best way to stay safe and not get your weapon stolen is to keep it locked up if you cant carry it on you.

Actually you could always come up with some clever chit like like cutting a whole in your seat where it lifts the center portion of the seat up and putting your gun there. Maybe fabricating some sort of locking mechanism where only you know where the unlock button is. Those are the only things I can think of.

Chicago area needs to work on the Jeep Wave!!![/
Jon, Chicago, IL The real Chicago, not the burbs
2008 Unlimited X-Black-Soft Top - Sold
2013 Unlimited Sport Hard top
Stock =(
Semper Fi
post #25 of 54 Old 01-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to kerryp Send a message via Skype™ to kerryp

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD View Post
You can carry concealed in a bank in Texas. Bars (or anywhere making 51% of their money from alcohol) is a no-no though.
Yeah, I was just trying to come up with an example of when I would leave my gun in the Jeep and was in a hurry, wrong choice. I actually haven't stepped foot in a bank in a couple years,,,I do everything online or in the drive through...when I have my gun, it is usually on me.

When in the Jeep, I actually put it in the console so I can get to it easier since my strong side IWB gets covered by the seat belt and it would be hell to get to it quickly if I needed it...I need to come up with a holster or something that is between the seats so I have better access.....

ジープ
@CigarsNJeeps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode