Anyone else wanna blow up their JK? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Wink Anyone else wanna blow up their JK?

I paid 32k for my 2008 Rubi unlimited. And after 50k miles it's official. It's a 32k dollar piece of donkey pooh.

It handles like a broken shopping cart. Pukes gas at every fill up. Squirts windhield washer fluid all over the cargo area. Gets 14mpg. Tortures all passengers with cardboard seating apparently developed as an alternative to waterboarding gitmo detainees. Forces all conversation while driving to an obnoxious series of shouts. Came with dog hair magnetic carpeting. Brakes from a Russian moped. A horn that refuses to honk without an mma style strike.

Not to mention massive build quality problems causing rattles and creaks and broken parts galore.

But....it is fantastic offroad. Flat out ridiculous really.

Should I blow it up and put the whole thing on YouTube? Could be fun!

Last edited by a-squared; 01-27-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 05:52 PM
Rock God

Garage

Watch out for the axles too, I hear they bend

I understand the Jeep thing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 05:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-squared View Post
I paid 32k for my 2008 Rubi unlimited. And after 50k miles it's official. It's a 32k dollar piece of donkey pooh.

It handles like a broken shopping cart. Pukes gas at every fill up. Squirts windhield washer fluid all over the cargo area. Gets 14mpg. Tortures all passengers with cardboard seating apparently developed as an alternative to waterboarding gitmo detainees. Forces all conversation while driving to an obnoxious series of shouts. Came with dog hair magnetic carpeting. Brakes from a Russian moped. A horn that refuses to honk without an mma style strike.

Not to mention massive build quality problems causing rattles and creaks and broken parts galore.

I don't blame ya brother....i've been caught at the dealership looking the other day and the wifey didn't like it. I say blow the jk up...make it go "BOOM"

Last edited by Grant211; 01-17-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 06:03 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
Lightbulb

Sounds like its time for Toyota, heard they are better built and with next to no recalls last year....

http://www.leftlanenews.com/toyota-t...s-in-2009.html

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #5 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Rock God

Light that junk on fire, unless its an auto, then just wait. LOL

LJ Rubicon
post #6 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Rock God

Garage

yup.......Oh yeah I can't because its sitting at the dealer again

Black Jeep
post #7 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Rock God

Quote:

Don't hold back tell us what you really think.

"All wranglers are jeeps, not all jeeps are wranglers"

"Holding out for the Pentastar in 2012"
post #8 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSteve View Post
Light that junk on fire, unless its an auto, then just wait. LOL
LOL!

You guys think people would people pay for the chance to blow it up? Like a raffel? maybe we could donate the money to charity?...oh wait I already did give to charity when I gave 32K to Chrysler...

Maybe a military base could donate a rocket launcher for the event...we could charge 100 bucks for a chance to use a TOW missle on my jeep...then give the funds raised to the troops...

this could be snowballing here....
post #9 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Rock God

Yeah I would blow it up. Hummers are better. Besides since you added bigger tires your axles will most likely bend or even break. Oh and there's a concern that it may catch on fire in your garage while you are asleep. So with just a few concerns lets do the raffle and blow that sum bitch up. I'm sure you should get as good of a response to your raffle as that retard who drove his daily driver into a lake and wanted everone else to pay for the damage.

Oh can I have your Hard top rear glass before we blow it up.

All kiddin aside. Isn't fun. It seems the more we do to these things the more crap goes crapyer. I look at it this way, I could be waisting my money on worse stuff.

Oh and I wasn't kidding about the HT glass.

Póg mo thóin!
post #10 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk_techcrash View Post
Yeah I would blow it up. Hummers are better. Besides since you added bigger tires your axles will most likely bend or even break. Oh and there's a concern that it may catch on fire in your garage while you are asleep. So with just a few concerns lets do the raffle and blow that sum bitch up. I'm sure you should get as good of a response to your raffle as that retard who drove his daily driver into a lake and wanted everone else to pay for the damage.

Oh can I have your Hard top rear glass before we blow it up.

All kiddin aside. Isn't fun. It seems the more we do to these things the more crap goes crapyer. I look at it this way, I could be waisting my money on worse stuff.

Oh and I wasn't kidding about the HT glass.

sure, you can have the whole hardtop...once we get the tow missle event set up.

Lets do this!
post #11 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Granite Guru

take a deep breath and have a few of these . We will get it all fixed up for you if you ever invite me down to work on it

08 Detonator Yellow Rubicon-RE Arms-37" Mt/R's with Kevlar-Riddler Diff Cover-LoD stubby with Stinger-LoD stubby tire carrier-Warn M8000 Winch-Rigid D2's-20" Rigid Light Bar-SPOD-PS Rocker Knockers-PS Body Armor-5.13s-hydro assist-RCV shafts-IPF-Corbeau LG1 seats-12" King coilovers-AEV Hood-AEV Snorkel-5.7L VVT Hemi-AEV hemi Install Kit-4.5" AEV Springs-ProRock 44-AlloyUSA Rear shafts-Spyntech Hubs-Raceline Monters-
post #12 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 07:46 PM
JKO Addict!

AHAHAH
You bought a jeep, not a benz.
Then you took that jeep, abused the hell out of it. Changed the carefully designed suspension components out for some designed with minimal testing, then you tossed on a bunch of excess weight and big tires. Now you're complaining about the handling? LOL

Easy fixes all of them.
1) Sell the jeep and get the benz you want lol

OR
1) get a decent suspension setup with full arms
2) get some smaller tires
3) pull the carpet and bedline it
4) put a cable tie around that washer thing

Problems solved

Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him.
-Doc Holiday
Why are you highlighting my sig? You Bastard!
post #13 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 08:22 PM
JKO Addict!

So who's holding the gun to you, to make you keep this vehicle you hate so much?

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #14 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 08:32 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

Blow the fucker up... then take a picture and start a feel bad fund (don't forget to tell us you are out of work and your wife has to sell her body on a street corner to guys that demand a branding). Some fagot builder of gay ass Jeeps will come to your rescue.
post #15 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Granite Guru

Sounds like a first time Jeep owner, they have always been like that since 1945

post #16 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
AHAHAH
You bought a jeep, not a benz.
Then you took that jeep, abused the hell out of it. Changed the carefully designed suspension components out for some designed with minimal testing, then you tossed on a bunch of excess weight and big tires. Now you're complaining about the handling? LOL

Easy fixes all of them.
1) Sell the jeep and get the benz you want lol

OR
1) get a decent suspension setup with full arms
2) get some smaller tires
3) pull the carpet and bedline it
4) put a cable tie around that washer thing

Problems solved
X 2 !!! And then cry when the Benz scratches a chrome rim...

2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Warn 9.5ti winch
2.5-inch Teraflex lift
35-inch General Grabbers

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Rubicon Wheels and Tires
post #17 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 09:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

That's what ya get when ya put 33's or bigger on it.I just know you got bent axles,axle tubes splitting apart....... you know that all the other problems stem from that.

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #18 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribe4x4 View Post
Sounds like a first time Jeep owner, they have always been like that since 1945
X2, not everyone is a jeep person. My 08 rubi doesn't seem to have any of the problems that he thinks his has

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #19 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 10:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
X2, not everyone is a jeep person. My 08 rubi doesn't seem to have any of the problems that he thinks his has
I agree, I ignore a lot of things to be able to pull off the road, air down, and wheel however I want to wheel!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
post #20 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda View Post
I agree, I ignore a lot of things to be able to pull off the road, air down, and wheel however I want to wheel!
Yeah I'm with you on that one. But the only thing that I really feel that I have to 'just live with' is the leaky soft top. It handels good for a truck. Power is so so but not bad. And nothing wrong with the seats - better than my TJ. When I bought my first Jeep I had a BMW M3 and I soon found myself driving that Jeep every day. Sold the M3 But I'm not putting the guy down. Maybe he has had lots of issues, like recalls etc and is just fed up.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

Last edited by TEXASKEV; 01-17-2010 at 11:01 PM.
post #21 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:

Absolutely perfect for me.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #22 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Wheeler

I also have a Rubicon Unlimited with no issues... (I know its no Benz or Lexus as far as comfort or options and street handling). But as far as the performance... I always believe if you take care of it, that it will take care of you and has held true with all my vehicles. I supposed you wish you had power mirrors and power seats.. right? It's a Jeep Man with real axles not IFS with CV shafts.

1. '09 Rubicon Unlimited White 6 speed with my Gig
2. DayStar 2.0 spacer kit
3. Jeep Slush Mats/Weathertech Cargo liner
4. Weathertech window deflectors
5. Windshield PIIA lights with KC bracket
6. Jeep Splash Guards (For Salt on Roads)
7. Bracktron mount on dash for (IPOD/Phone)
8. JK 3M Thinsulate Acoustic Insulation Kit
post #23 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 11:07 PM
Rock God

Garage

If you don't like your JK, you damn sure would have hated the older Wranglers. This thing is the Caddy of the Wrangler line, but it is still made for one thing and one thing only. So suck it up and use it for what it is made for; take it off road and wheel the sh*t out of it!!

JKOutcast

Last edited by weaver1371; 01-17-2010 at 11:19 PM.
post #24 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Rock God

You think you hate it now, wait till you get the DEATH WOBBLE!!!

Hey think of it this way, you are helping those poor Chrysler execs from losing their private jets.
post #25 of 73 Old 01-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Granite Guru

no serious problems be grateful for what you have because some people dont even have that JEEP that you hate so much. But whatever to each his own. Goodluck with whatever you decide.

Everyone's a pacifist between wars. It's like being a vegetarian between meals.~Colman McCarthy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode