What has gone wrong during warranty period? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 09-09-2014, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Question What has gone wrong during warranty period?

I'm picking up my 2015 Hydo Blue Sport S tonight. What have you guys encountered for problems during your initial warranty period that you had to bring it back for? I just want to be prepared if there is any fairly common things to look out for.
(And....wondering how long to wait before blowing the power train warranty by lifting & putting 35's on)
Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-09-2014, 06:44 AM
Rock God

only thing I had on my '08 was a rear axle seal and the horn went out under initial warranty
post #3 of 10 Old 09-09-2014, 07:43 AM
Granite Guru

Throw out bearing after 10k miles on my '14

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Last edited by sixstring; 09-09-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 09-10-2014, 11:48 AM
Rock God

Rear locker had issues disengaging on my 2009 jkur before the first oil change.

09' White JKU Rubicon with some stuff
post #5 of 10 Old 09-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Rock God

Does a lift and 35's void the warranty? The dealership told me 35's and no more than a 4" lift was acceptable.

2014 JKUR, 3.5" X Factor RK lift, 40" Nitto Trail Grappler's, RIPP supercharger and UD60s.
post #6 of 10 Old 09-10-2014, 12:18 PM
JKO Addict!

This topic has been covered in many threads here and on other forums. Bottom line, NO, lifts and other mods do not void your warranty. However, the manufacturer doesn't have to cover either the modification itself, or, and here's the rub, damage to components caused by a modification. So, if a wiring harness or on board computer fails due to an aftermarket electronic component or bad installation, "this Bud's for you" so to speak. Conversely, Jeep CAN NOT "cancel" your warranty if you install a lift kit or larger tires or other mods. All this is spelled out in Federal law.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #7 of 10 Old 09-15-2014, 09:43 PM
Granite Guru

My HVAC controls and a resistor went out right after the 36k part of my 3yr/36k was up...that cost me like 300 some odd bucks, which the other day it blew hot air for about 45 secs while the wife was driving....random electrical problems with the 730n radio locking up...happens every now and then have to either pull the battery cable to reset it or give it like 20 mins. When it happens it even stays locked up and ON when the key is of and doors are open, so far for up to 6mins and 20 seconds. Went to put a CD in once and the face locked in the down position for about 10mins. The lights in the window switches, the little green ones that turn on at night when you have the headlights on, those come and go as they please. Oh and my belt/tensioner scream that I had looked at while it was fully under warranty but chrysler didnt want to fix because they didnt know what was wrong with it and ive been waiting for like 8 months for the engineers to get back to me.....they now say replacing the t-stat and doing a coolant flush may fix....and of course they wont pay for it even though its well documented that it had the issue well before warranty was up....they want 360 bucks to do that.....not gonna happen!

2012 Wrangler Unlimted Sahara SOLD
2012 Toyota 4runner Trail Edition
2in lift,KDSS, 285/70/17 Terragrapplers.
2010 Mustang GT
5spd, glass roof..loaded
SLP Loudmouth axle backs and Roush CAI..wifeys ride.

Originally Posted by Goodysgotacuda
With aerodynamics like a barn and the rolling resistance of a tank can only do so well.
post #8 of 10 Old 09-16-2014, 02:32 PM
TOK
Wheeler

So far... axle seal, washer motor & wheel speed sensor.

All minor stuff, but pretty alarming to have 3 things crap out by 5k miles. No evidence of the gloop in the radiator, thats a scary one.
post #9 of 10 Old 09-16-2014, 03:09 PM
Rock God

Garage

The only thing replaced on my '11 under warrenty was the SmartBar @56k km's. It was partially their fault (they pressure washed the engine bay, and the bar) and I cooked the SmartBar on the test drive. Even if it wasn't warrenty I would have just walked away anyhow haha. Other than that all has been good.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #10 of 10 Old 09-16-2014, 03:38 PM
Rock God

The thermostat housing cracked and needed replaced at 1000 miles. An engine oil pressure sensor needed replaced at 3000 miles, and thats it so far. Both covered under warranty

2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon; 35s - no lift, Warn 9.5 XP-S, ARB Twin Air, SPOD
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (wife's Jeep)
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Megacab 4x4; 6.7 CTD, Aisen, AEV Prospector conversion; 37s, 4.10s, Warn 16.5K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode