What do I do? 2011 2dr Rubicon. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 09-08-2014, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

What do I do? 2011 2dr Rubicon.

Ok I am back in the Jeep market after being away for 2 years. I want to repent of my sin and come clean. I did drive a FJ for like 2 months ,and I feel really bad about that. If it makes me sound any better I did not like it at all, but I was able to flip it for a 2k profit so I guess it wasn't all bad in the end. I had a 2007 Unlimited Rubicon. Loved it up until it started drinking Oil a lot. I drive a lot so I tend to stretch that 3000 mile oil change and go over about 500 miles to a 1000. I went in of an oil change one day and I had about screwed up big time and ran the thing out of oil. I know I know I am an idiot. In my defense I grew up driving a Nissan and Chevy. Going 500 over was not that huge of a deal. So I punted on my Jeep after 3 years and reading about a lot of other people having the same problems I was having and not even really going over on a oil change. So since then I have really wanted another Jeep. Today I happened upon a deal on a 2dr 2011 Rubicon. I was wondering if they still had the same oil consumption issues as the earlier JKs and what are some other things I should worry about. Please don't beat me up too bad and I might add this will not be my daily driver any more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-08-2014, 03:52 PM
JKO Addict!

Same motor in the 2011 models. Look at 2012+ for the new motor which had some head issues but more power and a much better automatic transmission.

Some build info here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[COLOR="Red"]New to jeeps, check this link
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-09-2014, 01:46 AM
Rock God

Garage

The oil consumption thing seems to depend on the Jeep, too. Sometimes you get a good one that hardly uses any oil, sometimes you get one that drinks it faster than gasoline. Mine is a 2011, luckily, it doesn't burn any more oil than you would expect out of any vehicle.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-09-2014, 06:10 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'd look for a 2012. I've owned both and the Pentastar is worth a little extra coin. Although I never had an issue with the 3.8 and the power was good with the Rubi 4.10's and the 6 speed.

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode