Need some install help - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-27-2014, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Need some install help

I'm looking for help in the Chicago area to put on a lift, steering kit and tires, and potentially c gussets. Everything is ordered. I just don't have all the technical knowledge or tools yet to do it all. My cousin, who was going to help me do it, has to go out of country for work for a month and half, and I don't want to wait. I know. I'm impatient.

Don't know if this is the right place to post this, if it's not, tell me where I should. Thanks. Hoping for some help! Anyone in the Chicago area?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-27-2014, 11:15 PM
Rock God

Garage

I'm going to go ahead and offer no help here and some advice;

The first two aren't as intimidating as you're thinking. Depending on the lift, just budget a whole bunch of time and it can be done fairly easily using resources like this website, the manufacterers basic instructions and YouTube (don't laugh, used YouTube twice during my install). But, like I said before, if you think it's going to take you about 10 hours, budget 20. You don't even need that many different tools... they should give you a tool list in the instructions.

I did mine by myself. It was the first one I solo'd so it took way longer than I was expecting. Other than a few bouts of frustration and being a little overwhelmed, it was a good experience.

C gussets shouldn't be done by anyone except a very compitent welder.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #3 of 7 Old 08-28-2014, 06:24 AM
Rock God

agree with above -- youtube is awesome for tips on installing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-28-2014, 10:41 AM
Granite Guru

Wrong end of the state or I'd be there. Post in the regional section I'm sure you can find some help, always better to do yourself just to know it was done to YOUR liking. There's somebody up there that would like a install party.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-28-2014, 12:23 PM
Granite Guru

Look up the dirty deltas on Facebook. It's a huge Jeep club in Chicago you may have better luck there

2011 Wrangler Sport,RK 2.5 X Factor with RRD 2.0 shocks, Synergy steering, Poison Spyder bumpers narrow alum fenders diff covers, LOD sliders, Rockridge 4wd tail lights, trucklites, TF higned tire carrier, Cooper discover STT 37x13.50, 4.56 gears

Ordered a 2015 2 door Rubicon 3-23-15
post #6 of 7 Old 08-29-2014, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedundanT View Post
Wrong end of the state or I'd be there. Post in the regional section I'm sure you can find some help, always better to do yourself just to know it was done to YOUR liking. There's somebody up there that would like a install party.
Thanks!
post #7 of 7 Old 08-29-2014, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by orestespd5 View Post
Look up the dirty deltas on Facebook. It's a huge Jeep club in Chicago you may have better luck there
Thanks! I'll check em out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode