2015 Rubicon Hard Rock Dark tints - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-19-2014, 07:05 AM Thread Starter
Banned

2015 Rubicon Hard Rock Dark tints

I'm a new jeep owner, i want to thank you guys for all of the helpful info so far. I just picked up my 2015 wrangler unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock and did a few minor mods.

My 2015 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Dark tinted windows - YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-19-2014, 08:32 AM
Granite Guru

Congrats on your jeep.

My one suggestion for you is that if this is your first jeep do not send it to a shop yet to get a bunch of mods done. Take some time with your stock jeep and figure out if you are going to wheel it and what you actually need. Once you have done that for a while and meant people then start to upgrade your suspension to what you really want. I think one of the biggest regrets with a lot of new jeep owners are just jumping right into it and having to replace their upgrades for something that really helps down the line.

Good luck with the build up.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-19-2014, 01:04 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpboss90 View Post
Congrats on your jeep.

My one suggestion for you is that if this is your first jeep do not send it to a shop yet to get a bunch of mods done. Take some time with your stock jeep and figure out if you are going to wheel it and what you actually need. Once you have done that for a while and meant people then start to upgrade your suspension to what you really want. I think one of the biggest regrets with a lot of new jeep owners are just jumping right into it and having to replace their upgrades for something that really helps down the line.

^^ x2. Also, break that habit of calling your Jeep a car. It's not a car; it's a Jeep. Show some respect, man. Congrats, and welcome to JKO.

My Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-19-2014, 03:01 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajpboss90 View Post
Congrats on your jeep.

Good advice. Thought I could throw on some 33" tires and wait till they wore out to invest in 35s. Now I drive the Jeep at every opportunity so the tires will wear faster. Heck, I'll put 50 miles on the Jeep driving to a tobacco shop to buy a pack of cigs just to speed up the process. Sadly, the shop is only 2 miles from my house and I don't even smoke. Friends don't let friends put 33s on a JKU.

2014 Rubicon Unlimited with Sponge Bob Squarepants Floor Mats.

Get your FREE college education here

post #5 of 5 Old 09-12-2014, 02:57 PM
Wheeler

Good advice that I should have heeded. I just ordered 35's to replace my 4 month old 33's. Didn't fully realize what I needed until I offroaded and pushed the jeep. Also, see if you can hang out with other Jeep guys that have modded their rides as they have gone through this and can offer good advice. Have fun and congrats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode