Watch a horrible spotter cause a JKUR Rollover - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 51 Old 08-18-2014, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Watch a horrible spotter cause a JKUR Rollover

What were these people thinking? And no one said a word. This looked bad 10 seconds into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMcB...ature=youtu.be

Mike
'07 2 door soft top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 Old 08-18-2014, 03:59 PM
Granite Guru

it's gonna slide alright!

that's how that obstacle is suppose to be run, but she lined them up wrong

how it's suppose to look ( not mine, just grabbed one example)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JpCcopo6vaI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'15 M&M Offroad triplethreat buggy #27

'00 s10
LQ4 6.0, 42s, 1 tons, etc.....RIP

'07 LBZ
Fleece Performance built
dyno'd 518/1040

'08 JKUR (detonator yellow)
35" Duratracs
wifes rig

Last edited by 1tfrot; 08-18-2014 at 04:03 PM.
post #3 of 51 Old 08-18-2014, 04:01 PM
Granite Guru

Girl power
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 51 Old 08-18-2014, 05:06 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1tfrot View Post
it's gonna slide alright!

that's how that obstacle is suppose to be run, but she lined them up wrong

how it's suppose to look ( not mine, just grabbed one example)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JpCcopo6vaI

Well there's your problem....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
I have belonged to a lot of forums but I have never seen this level of perversion from a bunch of grown men.
post #5 of 51 Old 08-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Rock God

Garage

God I hate that video. She's so stupid you'd want to beat her with a stick. Cudos for the group for only letting one person spot at a time (another pet peeve) but really, who couldn't see that she was blowing it. I wouldn't try to spot up that obstacle, because I don't know how. She shouldn't spot ever because she wasn't watching anything about how the Jeep was acting.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #6 of 51 Old 08-18-2014, 06:36 PM
Granite Guru

If you watch this one you'll see the exact same lady (from what i can tell) spotting for this scrambler. she comes in at about 1:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu_xSkqwmMU

so i'm guessin she's done it before.

'64 CJ-5, '74 Bronco, '79 CJ-7, '84 CJ-7, '92 XJ, '96 XJ, '99 XJ, '01 TJ, '01 XJ, 2013 JKU.

2013 Commando Green JKU
35x12.50/17 Falken Rocky Moutain ATS
2.5 RK X-Factor
17" Black Rock Vipers
Cut Stock Flares
Diablo Sport Trinity (garbage)
Sleeve, Truss, ARB, Chromo D30
post #7 of 51 Old 08-18-2014, 06:47 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to D5Fire

Shortly after the flop you hear the spotter say "he was on the line wasnt he?" If you arent 100% certain about the line you shouldnt be spotting in the first place.

Fortis cadere, cedere non potest

Poison Spyder BFH w/ trail stinger, custom rear BFH, crusher flares, rocker knockers, evap skid, hood louver. Rock Krawler 2.5 Max Travel, Teraflex rear tire carrier, River Raider cowl snorkel,Warn VR 10,000 lbs winch, sPod, Rigid 50"SR.
post #8 of 51 Old 08-18-2014, 07:00 PM
It never ends...

Could be she isn't used to JKU wheelbase. She didn't check the driver rear to see where it was.

I think she knows the obstacle well, prior to this her reputation was that of a good spotter. (According to the guys who wheel with her). Mistakes happen.

I love Wheeling, it frees the mind
T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Adventures of Rex Thread:
post #9 of 51 Old 08-18-2014, 07:35 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHandRubi View Post
Could be she isn't used to JKU wheelbase. She didn't check the driver rear to see where it was.

I think she knows the obstacle well, prior to this her reputation was that of a good spotter. (According to the guys who wheel with her). Mistakes happen.
The same that I have heard about the lady. I was in that spot 2 days later, 4 Jeeps behind LeftHandRubi. Except he went straight up, I had to turn left, the same line as the Jeep in this video. The day after this Jeep flopped over, it was on Moab Rim. Yes, mistakes happen.
post #10 of 51 Old 08-18-2014, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Idk... I just don't like her. Not sure why... maybe her voice or her personality. She seems like a "know-it-all" and I think she likes to hear herself talk.

Regardless... I would've wanted to smack her in the throat if I was the driver.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #11 of 51 Old 08-18-2014, 07:51 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo36 View Post
If you watch this one you'll see the exact same lady (from what i can tell) spotting for this scrambler. she comes in at about 1:30.

She's done it before. I wheeled with her in Moab last May and she knew every line through Pritchetts.

That guy was just barely off the right line and it didn't work out. She shod have backed him off and got him reset...hindsight is 20-20

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

Last edited by TCdawg; 08-18-2014 at 07:53 PM.
post #12 of 51 Old 08-18-2014, 08:03 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCdawg View Post
She's done it before. I wheeled with her in Moab last May and she knew every line through Pritchetts.

That guy was just barely off the right line and it didn't work out. She shod have backed him off and got him reset...hindsight is 20-20
But what do you know, you have only been there, seen her in action.
post #13 of 51 Old 08-18-2014, 10:03 PM
Rock God

Wasn't that from 2011?
post #14 of 51 Old 08-18-2014, 10:08 PM
Rock God

Does she run a tour? When I lived in az I wheeled with some ppl who went on one or 2 jeep tours by a company out there (wont say who), and after the tour they thought they were pro spotters. It was the most annoying thing, great people, terrible spotters. Ive been rock crawling and spotting for a very long time, but there are some people out there who think they know it all.

When we were out I shut my mouth most of the time, the only times I spoke up was when they were ready to pull winch because they couldnt pick the right line and when it was a safety concern.

CRAWLIN PERFORMANCE 602-552-6793
post #15 of 51 Old 08-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo36 View Post

Yes...that's her again. You can see the flopped jku (from the previous video) in the background with the hood up and the crushed hard-top.
post #16 of 51 Old 08-19-2014, 03:35 AM
Rock God

Garage

At least she learned from her first boo boo..." I'll back you up..."

I'm with Stube...just something about her. Afterwards when she says "sometimes they slide" well no, that's a shitty excuse for not being more aware the first time.

FYI, that obstacle seems terrifying. And that Scrambler was really bad ass.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #17 of 51 Old 08-19-2014, 04:43 AM
Gib
Rock God

Was that an instructional video? It looked like "How to roll your Wrangler over." Makes it easier to rotate the tires I've been told.
post #18 of 51 Old 08-19-2014, 06:52 AM
It never ends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubiconquered View Post
....but there are some people out there who think they know it all.

That is a problem. I don't like those kind of spotters either.

I also don't like it when spotters talk too much.

Since I'm listing stuff, I really don't like it when a spotter doesn't look at placement of all the tires, and instead just assumes, especially after I ask them to look.

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:

Last edited by LeftHandRubi; 08-19-2014 at 07:57 AM.
post #19 of 51 Old 08-19-2014, 07:09 AM
Rock God

I have seen this before. If you could tell that it was close to rolling and your thinking get the jeep more off camber will be alright? It was a bad line period.

Feel bad for her but really there were a lot of other people around that should and could have spoken up including the driver. Ultimately if it flips it is the drivers problem. So get out and look yourself if you feel it will roll.

JKUR auto | 5:38 | tires 36"x17 wheels 9"x4.5"bs | TF 6"| ASFIR bumpers, skids | SuperWinch EPi9.5 | RCV shafts | SC traildash | Xenon fenders | OBA York

post #20 of 51 Old 08-19-2014, 07:57 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I would have gotten out of my Jeep and yelled, "Can I get a man over here to spot me".

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #21 of 51 Old 08-19-2014, 08:13 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by asphalt assault View Post
I have seen this before. If you could tell that it was close to rolling and your thinking get the jeep more off camber will be alright? It was a bad line period.

Feel bad for her but really there were a lot of other people around that should and could have spoken up including the driver. Ultimately if it flips it is the drivers problem. So get out and look yourself if you feel it will roll.
there was one other person who was speaking up and you hear the spotter say no it is okay. If I am the driver I am pissed because he did what you are supposed to and trusted his spotter and kept the line she told him to.
post #22 of 51 Old 08-19-2014, 08:21 AM
It never ends...

The driver seems to behave as a newbie. A more experienced driver, who knew the way his jeep feels as it gets light would have backed up.

She had him lined up wrong and didn't check placement of all the tires. Mistake. Driver took it on faith that he was placed right. Mistake.

Lesson: when something is uncomfortable, question the placement asking for clear response on placement for each tire, stick your head out and look at the placement of the rubber, or back up and realign if its too uncomfortable.

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
post #23 of 51 Old 08-19-2014, 08:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHandRubi View Post
That is a problem. I don't like those kind of spotters either.

I also don't like it when spotters talk too much.

Since I'm listing stuff, I really don't like it when a spotter doesn't look at placement of all the tires, and instead just assumes, especially after I ask them to look.
Pat since when do you have a spotter?

post #24 of 51 Old 08-19-2014, 08:52 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubiconquered View Post
Does she run a tour?
No.

TC
Crawling For Reid March 23, 2019 Adventure OffRoad Park

post #25 of 51 Old 08-19-2014, 09:15 AM
It never ends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Pat since when do you have a spotter?

Good point. When I was new I needed it on a 6" ledge.

On Pritchett and most of Moab I don't anymore, been there and done it enough.

I need a spotter still on really hairy stuff. Rangely, St George, Las Cruses, 21 road, Montrose, all offer serious pucker opportunities. As you know Rex doesn't behave like most rigs being so long and Flexy. Most people trying to spot for me can't see the "Rex" line. It takes practice.

T-REX
Meet Rex Thread:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode