Question on Chrysler affinity program for new purchase - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 08-08-2014, 08:34 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Question on Chrysler affinity program for new purchase

Hey guys. Getting ready to pull the trigger on a new JKUR

I have my control number from the Chrysler affinity program. Are there any other tips or tricks I need to know? The dealer is telling me the best price they can do is the PP invoice number when I bring my control number in.

Am I leaving anything else on the table?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

w:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
e:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
p: 716.662.3479

IG:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 08-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Granite Guru

I used it many years ago and that was pretty much it. The PP price should end up being like 1% under dealer invoice (if I recall), but you should get any other incentives currently being offered as well... rebates, interest rates, etc., on top of that.

'11 JK Unlimited Sahara - 2.5 Frankenlift, ,33X12.50 Duratracs on 15" MB72s, Genright Rockers (aluminum), WURX front and rear bumpers/tire carrier, Warn winch

'01 TJ 60th Anniversary, 2" Budget Boost, 33" BFG ATs, AFW Front Bumper, Olympic Rock Bumper, Warn Engine & Steering box skid, Kilby Gas Tank Skid, OR Fab Rock Slider Bars, Rhino'd tub - GONE
post #3 of 13 Old 08-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Random Dude

Couldn't hurt to run the numbers on TrueCar.com to make sure they're not blowing smoke up your ass.

"Trust but verify" as they say. That's all I got. Hope it helps.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

<-- Random crap you might find useful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 08-08-2014, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Thanks guys. I'm getting copies of the invoices to verify.

Now just need to locate a JKUR without all of the extra options that are driving the price up.

w:
e:

IG:

post #5 of 13 Old 08-08-2014, 05:48 PM
Granite Guru

My dealer gave me another 1% under invoice on top of the program discount for a total of 2% under. The dealer is reimbursed so to speak for the discount from Chrysler.

2013 JKUR
post #6 of 13 Old 08-10-2014, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve578 View Post
My dealer gave me another 1% under invoice on top of the program discount for a total of 2% under. The dealer is reimbursed so to speak for the discount from Chrysler.

Was the jeep in stock? Or did you have to order? Having a terrible time finding anything in stock. Dealers are having to go to other dealers within the network to find something for me which further reduces my ability to negotiate as they lose the holdback.

I figured I'd have a better time negotiating on a 2014 however that does not seem to be the case. It sounds like I might be better off waiting for 2015 to show up and negotiate from there, or ordering and waiting to six weeks for it to arrive.

Does anyone else have any advice for me?

w:
e:

IG:

post #7 of 13 Old 08-10-2014, 05:19 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIDprojectors View Post
Was the jeep in stock? Or did you have to order? Having a terrible time finding anything in stock. Dealers are having to go to other dealers within the network to find something for me which further reduces my ability to negotiate as they lose the holdback.

I figured I'd have a better time negotiating on a 2014 however that does not seem to be the case. It sounds like I might be better off waiting for 2015 to show up and negotiate from there, or ordering and waiting to six weeks for it to arrive.

I ordered. They had over 30 Rubicons in stock, but most had body color hard top and flares which I didn't want.

I found that model year didn't matter. The dealers I contacted wouldn't make a better deal on the previous model year.

I realize Buffalo is a long ways from Houston, but I'd be happy to give you the contact info for my dealer.

2013 JKUR
post #8 of 13 Old 08-10-2014, 10:08 AM
Wheeler

Garage

Joining treadlightly will get you the discount. And good dealers will honor it on ordered vehicles as well. Just call around.
post #9 of 13 Old 08-10-2014, 11:20 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

Dealer couldn't find me anything that I wanted either.
They let me order it without any hassle and still got 2% under.

2012 Jeep Wrangler - Gecko
3.5" Rock Krawler X Factor
40x13.5 Nitto Mud Grapplers / 17" Fuel Hostage
Poison Spyder Brawler Lite / Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers
Poison Spyder RockBrawler w/ Tire Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k2wranglerx View Post
and yet... canada still sucks worse

we'd make fun of your prime minister if we could... unfortunately nobody's ever heard of him!
post #10 of 13 Old 08-11-2014, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Thanks for the help guys. Just to make this painfully clear for me - when I'm looking at the invoice I see the following:

EP: $33,500 (just an example)
PP: $35,000 (just an example)

The deal I should be going for is 1% below PP, correct? So, in this case: $34,650 correct?

w:
e:

IG:

post #11 of 13 Old 08-21-2014, 03:41 PM

I'm also looking at purchasing a new 2015 JKU but I'm going with the sport package. They quoted me $28,691 FWP for a standard sport with a 3 piece hard top, max tow package and 3.73 gears . I'm curious what the EP and PP prices are and how they differ from the FWP price I was given. Also I noticed you're from Buffalo. Who did you find to give you the best price? Thanks!!
post #12 of 13 Old 08-22-2014, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

EP is the employee price I believe.
PP is the price for the discount. I suspect some discount prices are different than others as every dealership demanded my AR number before giving me a printout of the invoice.

In the end I ended up expanding my search nationwide. I found my Rubicon in North Carolina.

I did find a dealer in Texas that was absolutely awesome on price. I would be happy to share his info with you. Shoot me a message and I will give it to you.

w:
e:

IG:

post #13 of 13 Old 08-22-2014, 05:09 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I did find a dealer in Texas that was absolutely awesome on price. I would be happy to share his info with you. Shoot me a message and I will give it to you.
If it is different than the dealer info I sent you, could you shoot that info to me?

2013 JKUR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode