After the first 3000 miles on '14 JKU S - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 08-06-2014, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

After the first 3000 miles on '14 JKU S

I figured I'd make a couple remarks on my new jku from 2 miles to 3000 miles. Maybe it'll encourage somebody to make the plunge into a jeep.

First thing I'll mention is this is my first jeep,period. Never have even ridden very much in one, and never at all in a 4 door.
I'm still in the honeymoon phase I know, but at this stage I can say that I'm overly pleased with it.
1. I'm impressed with the power. Coming from the suzuki samurai world, anything over 60 hp feels strong.
2. The ride on road is pleasant. Great manners on the highway in stock form. I did upgrade the tires and rims to a 33x13.50x15 Toyo MT's on Blackrock rims.
3. The fuel mileage is good. Notice I said good and not great. For the weight of my jeep, not to mention the brick type aerodynamics, I'm pleased overall. I noticed a 2 mpg loss from stock tires to the toyo's. I'm averaging 16.2 around town now versus the 18 I got on the stockers. Same driving habits, etc.
4. The roominess. Again, coming from a tin top samurai, I have lots more space for my gear. I have the hard top. It aint a truck by any means, but ample room for what I need.
5. Security. The main reason I chose the hard top. I dont have to worry about an honest thief stealing my valuables. A thief is gonna bust a glass if he wants in, no matter what you drive, but a soft top will tempt a lowlife whereas a hard top will have him pass on by.

So far so great. I'm very happy with my jeep, and am glad I'm a warrior in the jeep nation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Granite Guru

Yeah, I'm into my 3rd month with my 13 2 door.....I'm very pleased with it. My first Jeep as well. I'm getting good fuel economy.....was surprised that I can meet or exceed the Jeep published combined economy figure....guys I know with other brands can't even get close to their car's published figures.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-06-2014, 10:17 PM
Granite Guru

you're impressed with the power, road ride, mpg, and security.....are you feeling OK?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 08-07-2014, 05:37 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkjk View Post
you're impressed with the power, road ride, mpg, and security.....are you feeling OK?
Coming from a tin top samurai, anything with more power than your average riding mower is gonna feel like a freaking racecar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
I have belonged to a lot of forums but I have never seen this level of perversion from a bunch of grown men.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-07-2014, 07:04 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullet View Post
.....So far so great. I'm very happy with my jeep, and am glad I'm a warrior in the jeep nation.
Good news, our seven year anniversary of taking delivery is in two days and still satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOOL AID MAN View Post
Coming from a tin top samurai, anything with more power than your average riding mower is gonna feel like a freaking racecar.
You ever owned one son?

You can't call it "The 'Nam" unless you were in "The 'Nam" Corey Feldman!

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-07-2014, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkjk View Post
Yesir. I figured I may get a funny look but it is what it is. I've been used to really under powered but light weight samurai's leaf sprung over the top using yj spring packs with missing links. Very capable trail rigs but not so much highway mannered. I've built several 73-87 full sized chevy's, and you must know how well fuel mileage and ride characteristics they have. My only other trucks have been 4 door dually's. I aint never owned a car in my life, and rarely drive the wife's so my jeep is my pride and joy, and of course my favorite.

I plan on keeping it like it is till it's paid for, and then its long arms and 40's. Till then it's bow hunting and mall crawling between daily driving to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode