Need a lockbox for my 2dr JK - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 08-01-2014, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

Need a lockbox for my 2dr JK

First time JK owner here. Just purchased a 2012 2dr JK and have been cruising this forum for way too many hours over the past week! Years ago I had an old Cherokee that hooked me on Jeeps, stoked to be back in the club!

I want to take my rear seats out and replace the entire rear area with a big lockbox. I've only been able to find lockboxes that are either for 4 door JKUs or small boxes that are meant to work with 2dr JKs but with the rear seats in (they're too small for what I'm looking for).

Has anyone replaced the rear seats in their 2dr with a big lockbox?

I hardly ever need the rear seats and would rather replace that area with safe storage. I regularly travel with a lot of expensive equipment and want to keep it out of reach for someone that wants to unzip my windows!

I really like what I see in the Mac's Jeep Box: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPNKUXaDytw, but it says its only for JKUs. I like the moveable tie down feature for loading gear on top.

Here's a pic just for fun (I took her out for a trail ride the first day I bought her just to see what she could do - very impressed for completely stock!)
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-01-2014, 01:00 AM
Random Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_wheelin View Post
I want to take my rear seats out and replace the entire rear area with a big lockbox. I've only been able to find lockboxes that are either for 4 door JKUs or small boxes that are meant to work with 2dr JKs but with the rear seats in (they're too small for what I'm looking for).

Has anyone replaced the rear seats in their 2dr with a big lockbox?
Not exactly, but I love what I went with: Tuffy security deck enclosure

It turns the whole back area into a lockbox between the wheel wells, from the belt line down.
I don't have a great picture of just the enclosure uploaded, but Google knows where a few are.

Hope this helps you, and WELCOME TO JKO!

EDIT: learn to resize photos. Soon, please.

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #3 of 3 Old 08-01-2014, 07:06 AM
Wheeler

I purchased a LARIN vehicle storage box from Costco. I made some mounting brackets to mount it on the forward rear seat mounts. I also added a tie down point on each side because I lost the ability to use the seat mounts as tie downs with the box in stalled. The box is 12”x13”x35” and it fits great and it does not take up much space in the rear. It actually hangs over the rear foot wells slightly, but allows access from behind the seat for some added "slightly hidden" storage. I may modify the mount at a later point to make it easier to remove/install. It is connected through the 2"x2"x12" aluminum bracket I made with (4) U bolts that bolt inside the tool box.

I still have room for the dog!! I did not want a large box, but just something to keep valuables (air pump, straps, tools and laptop (daily driver)) in while running with soft top. I think this will work just fine.

You may also be interested in these if you need more storage space.
http://www.deezee.com/products/32939/Jeep_Box.html

Regards,
Brad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tiger3; 08-01-2014 at 07:09 AM. Reason: ad pic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode