Rock Slide Engineering Rock Sliders - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-05-2014, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Rock Slide Engineering Rock Sliders

Anyone using the RSE rock sliders, not the $$$ power rock slider steps, but the rock sliders with stationary 3" wide step made by Rock Slide Engineering in Logan, Utah?

I've looked at a lot, and I mean a LOT of steps, slider/step combos. At $450 for the steel sliders and only 57 pounds more than my OEM rock rails, these look to be what I'm looking for, which is an OEM style rock rail/step that doesn't give up clearance just because it has the step. Since this is my DD and go to vehicle for quick trips, the most I'll likely ever run are 34" tall tires, so I really don't need or want steps that hang down lower than the height of the OEM rails. There just doesn't seem to be much about the RSE sliders on the web. And yes, I've looked at the ACE rock rails and everything in between, but I'm zeroing in on these. Hoping someone else is running these and can give me their thoughts.

2014 Rubicon Unlimited with Sponge Bob Squarepants Floor Mats.

Get your FREE college education here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by soonerfan85; 05-05-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-06-2014, 08:18 AM
Rock God

I've run them and a number of my customers have run them with great results. They work extremely well and fit good. I ended up selling mine after I switched out to TnT sliders and all they needed was a coat of paint and a little sanding from dragging them over rocks for 4 years.

09 Rubicon Unlimited on 42's with some stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 Old 05-08-2014, 08:31 AM
Wheeler

I used to run the step sliders from them on my rig. They were pretty cool and strong. They could take A beating. The issues I had with them is make sure whoever installs them, installs them correctly. I bought my jeep with them on and whoever installed them drilled the holes to big and also didn't install the nutcerts correctly so the slider ended up pushing into my body and I got A nice little bend in it just below the rear door. also they are kind of bulky. They stick out quit a ways from the body which allows you to get into them easier. That goes for the step and none step sliders. Teraflex also makes A very similar slider to this that I know are pretty stout as well. I'd say the're 50/50 on the 2. I'd get which ever one gave you A better price.

I'll say this too, when I had issues with my step sliders, the guys up at RSE were awesome to work with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-08-2014, 10:45 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Thanks abadjeeper and wheelenwagon for the feedback.

I really like how these sliders look more like an OEM step than a slider. A wolf in sheep's clothing I guess. Too bad there are not more reviews or feedback on these on the internet. I'm pulling the trigger and ordering tonight. Will give them a test run at Hot Springs Superlift next month. My son, son-in-law and I will be doing the install. With engineering and accounting backgrounds, we're about as anal a group as there is when it comes to following directions.

post #5 of 7 Old 05-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerfan85 View Post
Thanks abadjeeper and wheelenwagon for the feedback.

I really like how these sliders look more like an OEM step than a slider. A wolf in sheep's clothing I guess. Too bad there are not more reviews or feedback on these on the internet. I'm pulling the trigger and ordering tonight. Will give them a test run at Hot Springs Superlift next month. My son, son-in-law and I will be doing the install. With engineering and accounting backgrounds, we're about as anal a group as there is when it comes to following directions.
That group right there would drive my ADD ass over the edge! Good luck with the sliders. I look forward to your review. I need to upgrade mine very soon for my short wife.

'12 White JKUR

Rugged Ridge Modular XD bumper w/9500 winch
2 1/2 inch Mopar Lift
35" Pitbull tires
post #6 of 7 Old 05-08-2014, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarScramb View Post
That group right there would drive my ADD ass over the edge! Good luck with the sliders. I look forward to your review. I need to upgrade mine very soon for my short wife.

HaHa.. and my Dad's background was in math and engineering. Talk about someone who could think things to death!

Last edited by soonerfan85; 05-09-2014 at 05:46 PM.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-09-2014, 01:00 PM
Granite Guru

Thanks abadjeeper, this is justins brother that bought those sliders off of u. Happy with them so far, a fresh coat of bedliner and they look like new!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode