Mirror relocation - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 05-04-2014, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Mirror relocation

I'm lookin at the ones from rugged ridge but keep hearing the passenger side is somewhat useless with doors on. I don't really like the stick mirrors they make for the door hinge. What's suggested?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 05-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Wheeler

ive heard the dietech relocation brackets are good. I should be getting mine tomorrow so ill let you know. Not the cheapest option however..

2014 granite JKUR 6spd, JCR dagger w/stinger, warn m8000s, teraflex tire carrier hinge, spiderwebshade, dirty dog 4x4 netting, 2.5" RK x-factor w/bilsteins, diy rock lights, sPOD, black box 50" light bar, JCR skids, dynomax comp exhaust, locker override, KOR front driveshaft. 37x12.5 Cooper STTs on 17x9 XD Addicts, CC ultra rear bumper, VKS Sliders, Trek Armor seat covers, Cobra 75 CB
post #3 of 14 Old 05-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Wheeler

Dietech brackets are well worth the money.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 Old 05-06-2014, 08:52 AM
JKowners Vendor

I have a new set Rugged Ridge # 11025.04/ Crown in the for sale section.

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 Old 05-06-2014, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Die techs look nice but I'm wanting somethin more permanent soni can just take the doors on and off and go
post #6 of 14 Old 05-06-2014, 10:46 AM
JKowners Vendor

10-4...FYI they just sold

Dealer for: MoTech, Atlas, Dynatrac, Rock Krawler, ORO, Currie, Poison Spyder, Bilstein, Fox, SWAY-A-WAY, Ridid, Adams and Tom Woods DS's. And much more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 14 Old 05-06-2014, 11:19 AM
Rock God

Garage

Die Tech's and an extra set of mirrors so you don't have to keep removing them. Even though it's not really a big deal. Well worth it, these things do not vibrate at all, and the passenger mirror is almost spot on with the stock location.

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #8 of 14 Old 05-06-2014, 11:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Has anyone successfully installed the dietech a with power mirrors?

What's the hang up?
post #9 of 14 Old 05-08-2014, 11:59 AM

I ran the RR relocation brackets for a few years. The passenger side mirror was 2/3 obscured when the doors were on. I switched to these: http://www.ruggedridge.com/exterior/mirrors.html

They stick out further than the stock ones on the relocation brackets, so the passenger side mirror is fully visible. No vibration even up to 80mph.
post #10 of 14 Old 05-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Wheeler

Most states don't even require a passenger mirror. If my doors are off, then the top is off so there's no obstruction of view...I just look over my shoulder (which you should do anyway). Hell, my other car doesn't have a passenger mirror either.

'12 Sport...I need to up my powerball investments, mods are expensive!
post #11 of 14 Old 05-13-2014, 10:35 AM
Granite Guru

Anyone consider using those $2-$3 little round stick-on mirrors stuck on to the outboard AC vents when the vents are turned to the shut-off position? I think they could be arranged to provide some sort of acceptable viewing angle.

2010 Red Unlimited Rubicon 6 speed - Traded!

2014 Red Unlimited Rubicon X 6 speed - starting over!
post #12 of 14 Old 05-13-2014, 02:46 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDDO View Post
I switched to these: http://www.ruggedridge.com/exterior/mirrors.html

They stick out further than the stock ones on the relocation brackets, so the passenger side mirror is fully visible. No vibration even up to 80mph.
Running these with the cover plate on the doors. Don't need to mess with mirrors when pulling the doors off. Like TDDO said, no vibes. They whistle due to a lip on the back of the mirror though and since the mirrors are non convex there's not much viewing in the passenger side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancin Dan View Post
First, take a 50/50 water/alcohol solution and douche all the sand out of your vagina. Seriously, you gotta get that nozzle ALL the way to the cervix since it sounds as though your vajayjay is completely blocked with a silica compound.
post #13 of 14 Old 05-13-2014, 05:48 PM

I just put tube doors on and put an extra mirror on the passenger one. I used the RR brackets and had no passenger mirror view during the winter and got so sick of it that I got the tube doors.
post #14 of 14 Old 05-14-2014, 04:33 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Olympic makes the Safari Mirrors that fit in the door hinge pivots, you can use them with thier tubular Safari Doors but not the O.E.M. doors. http://www.olympic4x4products.com/Je...-TJ-YJ-CJ.html
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode