Liking my new trek armor seat covers in blue.... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 Old 05-03-2014, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Liking my new trek armor seat covers in blue....

Installation was pretty easy with all the videos on YouTube. I had my 3 year old home sick with me and he was climbing all over the inside while I installed the covers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 Old 05-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Granite Guru

Look good. Are they of a neoprene type material? Had much seat time yet? Not so concerned about being waterproof but my wet okleys I've had in the past gave me some pretty bad swamp ass. Not bueno...

'64 CJ-5, '74 Bronco, '79 CJ-7, '84 CJ-7, '92 XJ, '96 XJ, '99 XJ, '01 TJ, '01 XJ, 2013 JKU.

2013 Commando Green JKU
35x12.50/17 Falken Rocky Moutain ATS
2.5 RK X-Factor
17" Black Rock Vipers
Cut Stock Flares
Diablo Sport Trinity (garbage)
Sleeve, Truss, ARB, Chromo D30
post #3 of 46 Old 05-03-2014, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I crossed off all Neoprene covers early in my decision process and no regrets so far. They are a little taught still but should relax soon. They seem to feel cooler than neoprene so far but they are also less than a week old still.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 46 Old 05-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Granite Guru

Cool, they look real good. I'd like to see some in person. I was just on their website and saw that they sell an air bladder that you can add on for lower lumbar support. Cool idea since our jeeps (at least mine) don't have that option.

'64 CJ-5, '74 Bronco, '79 CJ-7, '84 CJ-7, '92 XJ, '96 XJ, '99 XJ, '01 TJ, '01 XJ, 2013 JKU.

2013 Commando Green JKU
2.5 RK X-Factor
17" Black Rock Vipers
Cut Stock Flares
post #5 of 46 Old 05-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Granite Guru

damn those look great!

Nick, I use the word AWESOME a lot.
2007 'Rescue Green' JKU
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 46 Old 05-03-2014, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo36 View Post
Cool, they look real good. I'd like to see some in person. I was just on their website and saw that they sell an air bladder that you can add on for lower lumbar support. Cool idea since our jeeps (at least mine) don't have that option.
Call Sal. They'll send you material samples in the colors you want. I've got their shade top on order as well.

I may paint my LoD rock slider inserts to match the blue and a, thinkng rancho tube doors with blue spiderwebshade covers too.
post #7 of 46 Old 05-03-2014, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAdventure View Post
damn those look great!
Thanks. The color really pops in person, especially with the tops off (more light reflecting).

Nice tight fit and I'm an uber picky ex mechanic - someone who had to replace the factory material over the factory foam under warranty.
post #8 of 46 Old 05-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
I have a set of theirs on my jeep. Next time you are in Tucson stop in and take a peek at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #9 of 46 Old 05-03-2014, 01:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Those look really good. Can you post up pics of the seat backs?

I've been thinking about getting a set with charcoal outer and black inner. Anyone got pics of the different Trek seat color options?

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
post #10 of 46 Old 05-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Granite Guru

Yeah maybe I'll call them and have them send me samples. Never even crossed my mind they'd do that. Thanks for the thought.

2013 Commando Green JKU
2.5 RK X-Factor
17" Black Rock Vipers
Cut Stock Flares
post #11 of 46 Old 05-03-2014, 04:37 PM
Granite Guru

Told you that you wouldn't regret it!

2014 Billet Silver 2-Door Sport on 37's with a bunch of other expensive chit
Cutts Crew
post #12 of 46 Old 05-03-2014, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Yeah maybe I'll call them and have them send me samples. Never even crossed my mind they'd do that. Thanks for the thought.
They also sent me samples of their shade top in black and white. White went immediately into the shit can.

Sal mentioned that if you get their top and wanted to add color to it that matches the color in your seats, they would do it in the overhead storage version. Call Sal for info.
post #13 of 46 Old 05-03-2014, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thantos View Post
Told you that you wouldn't regret it!

Yeah, looking at your gray on black covers in person pushed me over the edge.
post #14 of 46 Old 05-04-2014, 03:59 PM
JTG
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUCKDOG View Post
Those look really good. Can you post up pics of the seat backs?

I've been thinking about getting a set with charcoal outer and black inner. Anyone got pics of the different Trek seat color options?
I've got all black if you need pics of them.
post #15 of 46 Old 07-17-2014, 10:01 PM
zin
Wheeler

Those seat covers look good. I've got a question which is I want to get them to help water proof the seats. How do you think they do at waterproofing the seats

2014 JKUR 6 speed, grab handels, trunk. JCR full with bumper, warn zeon 10-s on its way. More to come as the wife lets me
post #16 of 46 Old 07-18-2014, 05:18 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Nothing is waterproof, except a frogs ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #17 of 46 Old 07-18-2014, 05:35 AM
Granite Guru

I also love my Trek Armor seats & paracord handles. Easy to clean as I just found out again. Gave someone a ride back from the lake last night, she was wearing a blue fleece I'm guessing cuz it looked like someone murdered a smurf, seat had blue EVERYWHERE. ShopVac took it off instantly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Semper Fi
post #18 of 46 Old 07-18-2014, 06:53 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I haven't tried to clean mine yet but i think that it would be reasonable to expect some leakage through zipper pockets if you point a hose at them. The seems appear tight but I suppose a direct from a pressure washer in the right spot could make those seep. Coverage of the seat bottom cushions toward the rear of the seat is not perfect so you could get some moist OEM seat material around the side hinges.

Kids have spilled all kinds of stuff on them and the quadratec mats, which I see as going hand in hand with the covers.

Also have a couple of semi-matching blue para cord handles. While they look cool, your misbehaving kids can start yanking on the colored para cord strings and make them look terrible in a matter of minutes. I managed to persuade all the cord to mostly fit back into place with a tug here and there. Pain in the neck. Had to give the kids a talk.
post #19 of 46 Old 07-18-2014, 06:55 AM
Rock God

The material is like a medium weave Cordura, almost as smooth as jeans.
After a rain, water beads on mine, hasn't soaked in, yet. I slap/hand wipe the covers and the beads disappear. Any residual dampness seems to stay at the surface and quickly evaporates.
They fit well, aren't so snug that they're a pain to install. Once installed, they don't want to move.
I think they'll last longer than the Jeep.

I'm glad I didn't get neoprene but the wait for this custom set(graphite MOLLE straps) almost had me throw in the towel and get some Marathon seat covers - basically the same material but no bells-n-whistles and only solid colors or camo.

Last edited by funfred; 09-17-2014 at 10:52 PM.
post #20 of 46 Old 07-18-2014, 07:39 AM
Granite Guru

I need to get new covers as well and I think I am sold on the black with grey inner area. Now, who has the best deals on them?

08 JKU 6.0 LC8 6L80 Atlas 2 39" KM3's on Trilogy race beadlocks, prorock 44,rcv's arb front. rock jock 60 rear 40spline shafts,arb 5.13's and a bunch of other stuff
post #21 of 46 Old 07-18-2014, 07:48 AM
Granite Guru

We have sold a couple of these in the last week or so. Let me know if we can help..
http://www.justjeepgear.com/Trek-Arm...ear_p_857.html
http://www.justjeepgear.com/Trek-Arm...g_106-1-1.html

a.k.a. Christian - 2011 Black Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon
37" MTRK, RK 3.5 X-Factor (3-Link Rear) and other stuff..
Owner/Manager -
and other Web Properties

post #22 of 46 Old 07-18-2014, 09:43 AM

A few photos of black on black for those wanting to see more color combos. We have had them about a year now, and we have no regrets! Awesome product!
Attached Images

post #23 of 46 Old 07-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Wheeler

For the win, I put seat heaters under mine. The blue look good. I went with gray and black.

2013 JKU Sport, RE 2" w/Bilsteins 5100, 315/75/16 Toyo Open country on stock wheels 1.5" spacers, AFE intake and 3in Cat-Back SS-409 Exhaust Systems, superchips flashpaq, AEV front CA drop brakets, EVO rear rock star skid/shock lift, trek armor seat covers/seat heaters, spiderwebshade, truck lite LED's.
post #24 of 46 Old 07-18-2014, 11:07 AM
JKO Addict!

No idea these came in colors. Man those are nice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #25 of 46 Old 07-18-2014, 10:20 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89yjon View Post
I need to get new covers as well and I think I am sold on the black with grey inner area. Now, who has the best deals on them?
Putting in my plug for Marcus at River City Offroad. You won't be sorry! Website at rivercityoffroad.com, but PM or call and let him know you're a JKO member.

My Build Thread:

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode