LOWER FRONT SHOCK MOUNT - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-30-2014, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
A JKO DICK

Garage
LOWER FRONT SHOCK MOUNT

I've been looking at the Nemesis front lower shock brackets, but they move the mounting point up. I would like to find brackets that move the mounting point down about an inch. It looks like there is enough room to do it and not lose any clearance. Does anyone know if there are any out there that move the mounts down and turn the shocks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-30-2014, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
A JKO DICK

Garage

I guess there's no such thing? Any suggestions?

Quote:
Quote:
post #3 of 10 Old 04-30-2014, 03:14 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

You could try to use these and rotate them down a little. I have a set here I am planning on doing this with, but I haven't looked into it enough to definitively say yes it'll work.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...s-p-21266.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 04-30-2014, 03:18 PM
Granite Guru

I am running the Nemesis brackets as a means of adding some length for the shock at full bump (my shocks ended up being a little long). I think I gained about 1/4 - 1/2" is all.

I do like the fact that the shock eyes are rotated and don't bind under flex.

Jason - KB0WLI
2008 Black JKU Rubicon
RIPP Stage 2, RockHard Bumpers, RockKrawler 3.5" X-Factor & Fox 2.0's, Nitro Sleeved, Artec Trussed & Gusseted, Synergy DL Flip, Energy green Spyder Louvers, 37x12.50-17 Falken Wild Peaks wrapped around 17x9 XD Addics
post #5 of 10 Old 04-30-2014, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
A JKO DICK

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
You could try to use these and rotate them down a little. I have a set here I am planning on doing this with, but I haven't looked into it enough to definitively say yes it'll work.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...s-p-21266.html
Apparently you have not noticed that I am the bolt on king. I also like that the Nemesis brackets rotate the shock mount 90*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacktacular View Post
I am running the Nemesis brackets as a means of adding some length for the shock at full bump (my shocks ended up being a little long). I think I gained about 1/4 - 1/2" is all.

I do like the fact that the shock eyes are rotated and don't bind under flex.
Same problem with shock length here. I replaced longer springs and now I'm about 3/4" too long. It looks like the mount is a little higher on them in the pictures. How long have you had them?

Quote:
Quote:
post #6 of 10 Old 04-30-2014, 05:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Why does it matter if the shock is rotated 90*? Is there some magical binding that occures to cause premature shock bushing failures? I have always been curious.

River City Offroad
Metal Cloak
post #7 of 10 Old 04-30-2014, 06:09 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW View Post
Same problem with shock length here. I replaced longer springs and now I'm about 3/4" too long. It looks like the mount is a little higher on them in the pictures. How long have you had them?
I have same problem and same question. I was under the impression that the Nemesis brackets would actually decrease the distance between upper and lower mounting points...
post #8 of 10 Old 04-30-2014, 08:18 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprockwell View Post
I have same problem and same question. I was under the impression that the Nemesis brackets would actually decrease the distance between upper and lower mounting points...

Quote:
The mount moves the lower shock eye outboard a fair amount making up for the additional height.

I have been running them since Sept of '12. Pretty much bolted on and forgot about them. Once in a while I think about getting the welder out and making them more permanent.

I had hoped that the brackets would solve my problem all together, but my Fox 2.0's (4-6" lift) and RK 3.5" X-factor still needed about 3.5" of bumpstop to keep the shocks from being the limiting factor.

Jason - KB0WLI
2008 Black JKU Rubicon
RIPP Stage 2, RockHard Bumpers, RockKrawler 3.5" X-Factor & Fox 2.0's, Nitro Sleeved, Artec Trussed & Gusseted, Synergy DL Flip, Energy green Spyder Louvers, 37x12.50-17 Falken Wild Peaks wrapped around 17x9 XD Addics
post #9 of 10 Old 05-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I had hoped that the brackets would solve my problem all together, but my Fox 2.0's (4-6" lift) and RK 3.5" X-factor still needed about 3.5" of bumpstop to keep the shocks from being the limiting factor.
Same issue: https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180833
post #10 of 10 Old 05-01-2014, 08:35 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
I've been looking at the Nemesis front lower shock brackets, but they move the mounting point up. I would like to find brackets that move the mounting point down about an inch. It looks like there is enough room to do it and not lose any clearance. Does anyone know if there are any out there that move the mounts down and turn the shocks?

I would talk to someone about cutting out your factory shock tower up front and get a new one fabbed up. It's a lot of work but you shouldn't have to run ridiculous bumpstops for your shocks. You'll gain a lot of up travel and it will help so much daily driving or going fast through the whoops or crawling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode