Connectivity Group Price Difference - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-30-2014, 06:13 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Connectivity Group Price Difference

I've done the obligatory research on this forum and the web in general and don't see this answered anywhere.

I'm about to trade in my '11 JK Sport on a '14 JKU. I'm comparative shopping pretty heavily and I ran across something the salesman at Dave Smith couldn't explain to me.

I've got three "window stickers" from various dealerships including theirs and the Connectivity group is priced on one at $495 and on two others at $170. If I look it up on Truecar and other sites it comes up at $495 and another site (I misremember which one) at $170. I thought it might be the Uconnect 430n/730n difference but two of them were configured with the 730n and one Connectivity Group was at $495 and the other at $170.

I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation, I'm just hoping that one of you knows what it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-01-2014, 09:56 AM
Wheeler

Your on the right path,it's all about the radios. The 130 that I bought, made the Connectivity Group (retail price) at $495, but the 730n has so much built into it that the Connectivity Group is only $170 (probably because Jeep just needs to install buttons at that point). Keep in mind that the price Jeep wants for the old (Alpine) 430n/730n radios is absurd and for half the money you can have a MUCH better navigation touch screen radio installed aftermarket.

Connectivity Group also gives you the EVIC.

Don't forget that the prices your listing and seeing are the full retail prices (sucker prices). Trucar is not a good source for pricing info, it's a dealer paid source like Kelly Blue Book

You should be able to get Connectivity Group and other options at a significant discount and pay somewhere around 2% - 5% BELOW invoice for the JKU. Dealers actually pay somewhere around 7% below invoice. There is nothing you can do about the $995 shipping cost however.

One last thing; Don't spring for the "Max Tow Package" for $500.. Amazon sells the Rugged Ridge hitch and wire loom for $45 and it's exactly the same thing. It also takes about a half an hour to install if you have never seen a tool before. Oh and DOC fees are nothing but pure profit BS.. don't pay them and find a better dealer if they wont wave them.

I have Uconnect.. never use it. Trust me it's worthless and you'll forget all about it a month after you buy your Jeep.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-02-2014, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Great answer, thanks for the look.

That's about what I had figured and the model I'm getting has the 430n in it. I'm dealing with Dave Smith in Idaho and from what I can tell they are right on the money and worth the drive over from the Seattle area.

Thankfully it doesn't have the tow package on it. I actually had come to that conclusion as well as the fact that the nav package radios are not worth the money. Unfortunately this one is the only one in a three state area configured close to what I want in the color I want so I'm going to eat the radio/nav.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-03-2014, 09:29 PM
Wheeler

Are you in the Seattle area? I personally know the General Manager of a local Seattle Jeep dealer and could get you a custom ordered JK for a good deal if so... (no I don't work there, but I make him beer)

You could pick and choose what you want, and the build sheet has your name on it, kinda cool really. However, if you don't have the time (to wait for the build), there are many JKs on the lot and I bet he would swap options on a JK he has on hand, if you like. lol I also know the owner of the car audio shop, across the street & he owes me some small favors.

Just let me know
post #5 of 5 Old 05-04-2014, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaltedHop View Post
Are you in the Seattle area? I personally know the General Manager of a local Seattle Jeep dealer and could get you a custom ordered JK for a good deal if so... (no I don't work there, but I make him beer)

You could pick and choose what you want, and the build sheet has your name on it, kinda cool really. However, if you don't have the time (to wait for the build), there are many JKs on the lot and I bet he would swap options on a JK he has on hand, if you like. lol I also know the owner of the car audio shop, across the street & he owes me some small favors.

Just let me know
PM'd ya~k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode