I still love all this attention that my Jeep seems to generate - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 Old 04-27-2014, 12:15 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

I still love all this attention that my Jeep seems to generate

it was an unanticipated aspect of jeep ownership.

The number of unsolicited positive comments I get since the lift and tires went on is amazing. I get more comments on this vehicle than any other that I have owned.

The latest from the coffee shop this morning:
Stranger: “That looks like a serious, go anywhere, anytime Jeep.”
Me (casually looking toward the jeep): “Yes. Yes it is.”

My favorite was the time at the ATM when I hopped out of the jeep and a hot soccer mom immediately approached me and asked in a friendly voice: “How many inches do you have?” Then, when I looked to see that she too had jumped out of a stock jeep similar to mine, I responded with confidence : “3.5 inches”

Though I don't own one presently, I used to own several different motorcycles over the years and the number of other motorcyclists that waive at each other in passing is only exceeded by the sheer number of jeepers doing the same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 04-27-2014, 12:51 PM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

I don't get any comments. I let my wife drive just one fucking time and she gets all the compliments. Maybe it is the 7 day no shave, tats and the don't fuck with me look I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #3 of 19 Old 04-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
I don't get any comments. I let my wife drive just one fucking time and she gets all the compliments. Maybe it is the 7 day no shave, tats and the don't fuck with me look I have.
That's what a DILF is supposed to look like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 Old 04-27-2014, 12:53 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Maryland might be part of the problem. Aside from the mall crawlin' soccer mom types, most Jeep owners wave and talk to each other here. Heck, I went to Best Buy yesterday to pick up a new external DVD drive and a guy in a nice Super Crew about broke neck with repeated neck whips looking at the Jeep as I was pulling out and driving away. I got a wave from a Daystar rep driving a F150 in the same lot. I think geography plays a part in that enthusiasm and sense of community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #5 of 19 Old 04-27-2014, 06:29 PM
Granite Guru

I also get compliments on my Jeeps. It used to be the JKUR when I bought it in 2007 but, everybody and there brother owns one now, very common.My 61 Willys gets compliments everywhere I go and everywhere I post it. My guess is someone here will say something about it after I post a pic. here !
post #6 of 19 Old 04-27-2014, 06:32 PM
JKO Addict!

I get quite a few out of mine, it goes up exponentially during bad weather. One of the perks I suppose.

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 19 Old 04-27-2014, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahreno View Post
I also get compliments on my Jeeps. It used to be the JKUR when I bought it in 2007 but, everybody and there brother owns one now, very common.My 61 Willys gets compliments everywhere I go and everywhere I post it. My guess is someone here will say something about it after I post a pic. here
That is a cool jeep and I've seen the pieces before in a different thread.
post #8 of 19 Old 04-27-2014, 08:00 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahreno View Post
I also get compliments on my Jeeps. It used to be the JKUR when I bought it in 2007 but, everybody and there brother owns one now, very common.My 61 Willys gets compliments everywhere I go and everywhere I post it. My guess is someone here will say something about it after I post a pic. here !
Challenge accepted. Not commenting.

Oh, alright. That's a really slick Willys (no pun intended). Always have wanted either a panel or a truck. One day maybe.

My Build Thread:

I'm the NRA
JOIN HERE:
post #9 of 19 Old 04-28-2014, 04:33 AM
Rock God

My wife drove mine one day to get some food. So she orders the food and before she drives off she hears over the speaker "Hey dude, come here you need to check out the hot chick driving the lifted Jeep." So she pulls up to the window and says "You really need to learn to not key the mike when your talking about hot chicks in lifted Jeeps." Both of the young enough to be her kids turned beet red...

And the thoughts I get everytime a girl in a bikini does the Jeep wave to my wife....

Ron

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world.
But the Marines don't have that problem." ..... Ronald Reagan

post #10 of 19 Old 04-28-2014, 07:08 AM
Granite Guru

For me, the best is when some kid sees my Jeep and I hear them tell their dad "Look at the cool Jeep, dad!"

Or the ones that are so mesmerized they forget where they're walking.
post #11 of 19 Old 04-28-2014, 07:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Had somthing like that happen the other day ..

I was driving behind a later model Corvette ..passed this lady and her kid walking on the sidewalk..

The mom was like "look, look son, look at the nice car.." as the vette drove by

he looked and did not react

I drove by

he came to a dead stop and started shouting "Wow mom... look.. wow"

Ha Ha Ha suck it high horse power

How I LEARNED TO STOP GIVING A SHIT AND LOVE MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE

It’s time to reevaluate the way we coddle the future generation. Making mistakes and getting hurt is how you grow. Teaching kids to fear Pop Tarts is how you promote xenophobia. Let’s get it together, America.
post #12 of 19 Old 04-28-2014, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimscale View Post
For me, the best is when some kid sees my Jeep and I hear them tell their dad "Look at the cool Jeep, dad!"

Or the ones that are so mesmerized they forget where they're walking.
That's my favorite - the kids' reactions. I have three young sons myself and they just love the jeep.
post #13 of 19 Old 04-28-2014, 07:51 AM
Rock God

Garage

Correct answer to Jeep driving Hot Soccer Mom should have been:

"How many do you want?"... Sheesh.

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #14 of 19 Old 04-28-2014, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victim Of Pain View Post
Correct answer to Jeep driving Hot Soccer Mom should have been:

"How many do you want?"... Sheesh.

Well, I'm already married to a MIlF (refer to quantity of kids), so n no need to go off the farm.

That, and I pitched the AEV lift so some soccer mom's hubby got an enthusiastic spousal approval on a lift. Hopefully that's a better option than cheating wife.
post #15 of 19 Old 04-29-2014, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Oh, i try to wave back at any kids. My youngest still goes bonkers every time he sees a vehicle with a spare on the back - yes, sadly that includes RAV4's.

That and I'm a techie at heart and would not pass up an opportunity to see how you implemented something on your jeep, or which brand you went with for this or that.
post #16 of 19 Old 04-29-2014, 09:21 AM
A JKO DICK

Garage

Is this like a Jeep wave thread in disguise, cuz I wave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post
What is wrong with stupid people? Never mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
If I'm gonna kiss a man, I want it to be hard and rough... not gay!
post #17 of 19 Old 04-29-2014, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASSFROW View Post
Is this like a Jeep wave thread in disguise, cuz I wave.
LOL... not for me. That is a topic in and of itself. WHat I am speaking of goes beyond waving. Like I said, I rode on two wheels for years and jeepers seem to out-wave even motorcyclists. no need to expand on that. For the record, yes, I wave whether I have two or five wheels.

There are an ocean of BMWs, Lexus, exoctics and other makes around here so I suppose the jeeps stand out more than in other towns. That and mini vans, camrys, accords etc. There is an auto museum nearby so there are always hot cars of various kinds trolling around in this area. Oh and we have a but load of blinged out hummers running around here too so a muddy, rock-contacting jeep stands out.

when I come out of the hardware store my (read: not even that highly modified) jeep is just as likely to have a small crowd around it as the red Italian sports car that might be parked next to it.
post #18 of 19 Old 04-29-2014, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryRedBird View Post
Your kids would have loved our 2 dr Rav4.. it was one of the first ones that came out, had the roof rack and I put a bread tray up there as a storage tray.. had the mantik bull bars with KC lights.. even had a big decal on the side that said "Tonka Toyota"

Forest green with yellow high lights.. looked just like a tonka toy..

Haha.. Just found a pic of what it looked like..

bah humbug. ex-Subaru mechanic here and I have since conditioned my youngest to put the rav on ignore. LOL. pic of my 2000 forester out on the rocks behind Utica reservoir - quite literally a stone's throw from the south entrance to slick rock road. it was less than 7 days old when.

Attachment 137977

Last edited by White13JKUR; 12-20-2015 at 11:08 PM.
post #19 of 19 Old 04-29-2014, 06:14 PM
Wheeler

My 2 year old daughter tells me everytime we leave the house "Lets go in my JEEP!!" i'm not quite sure when she will start making payments and taking over insurance lol

Originally quoted by :White13JKUR
My favorite was the time at the ATM when I hopped out of the jeep and a hot soccer mom immediately approached me and asked in a friendly voice: “How many inches do you have?” Then, when I looked to see that she too had jumped out of a stock jeep similar to mine, I responded with confidence : “3.5 inches”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode