Quadratec ultra mats nice for the floor but the cargo one is only fair - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-26-2014, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quadratec ultra mats nice for the floor but the cargo one is only fair

I've had a set of the Quadratec ultra mats (also rebranded under a few different brands as I understand) and have been very happy with them. I just ordered what I thought was a matching mat, made out of the same material for the rear cargo area. What arrived is a nicely molded piece but it is not the same material as the front mats. It looks like the same thin plastic thing that came as a free upgrade in an the cargo area of old Subaru that I had.

It lacks holes for the front cargo hooks on my 4 door. despite the claimed 2" lip height, there are much shorter lip areas, most notably around the sub woofer. If cut holes for your tie towns then the 3mm or so lip by the sub will be the tall one. I think 2 door models have to cut the mat anyway.

Personally, its not what I was expecting and I like the stock one better so this thing is going back. Just thought I'd share my experience. Not that this mat is terrible - it is actually decently made but just not worth the price for what you get over the stock one IMHO.

Front mats kick butt, though!! Tested kid-tough. Have had a thick layer of milk shake, fries, mud and other goop collected in the back seat mat before I finally broke down and emptied it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-28-2014, 01:43 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White13JKUR View Post
I've had a set of the Quadratec ultra mats (also rebranded under a few different brands as I understand) and have been very happy with them. I just ordered what I thought was a matching mat, made out of the same material for the rear cargo area. What arrived is a nicely molded piece but it is not the same material as the front mats. It looks like the same thin plastic thing that came as a free upgrade in an the cargo area of old Subaru that I had.

It lacks holes for the front cargo hooks on my 4 door. despite the claimed 2" lip height, there are much shorter lip areas, most notably around the sub woofer. If cut holes for your tie towns then the 3mm or so lip by the sub will be the tall one. I think 2 door models have to cut the mat anyway.

Personally, its not what I was expecting and I like the stock one better so this thing is going back. Just thought I'd share my experience. Not that this mat is terrible - it is actually decently made but just not worth the price for what you get over the stock one IMHO.

Front mats kick butt, though!! Tested kid-tough. Have had a thick layer of milk shake, fries, mud and other goop collected in the back seat mat before I finally broke down and emptied it.
I've had the complete set of mats since '09 in mine and you are correct, the front & rear are excellent, the cargo mat not so good. My cargo mat looks terrible and will likely be in the trash before summers out. OTOH, despite heavy use the floor mats look great. Haven't seen another mat that would be better, if someone has please chime in.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-28-2014, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryRedBird View Post
White13JKUR, You should have written this in the Quadratec's eTrader profile. Just do a members search (Q) and you'll see them. I've actually wrote one this morning for them.
That seems to be a review of them as a vendor, versus a specific product..??

As a company, I think they are outstanding. Not sure if I'm blaspheming for a left coaster but I might even like them a lil better than NorthRidge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-28-2014, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
I've had the complete set of mats since '09 in mine and you are correct, the front & rear are excellent, the cargo mat not so good. My cargo mat looks terrible and will likely be in the trash before summers out. OTOH, despite heavy use the floor mats look great. Haven't seen another mat that would be better, if someone has please chime in.
Mine went right back in the box. No time to even collect dust. Quadratec graciously took them back without issue. I really didn't expect anything less.

Quadratec, if you are listening and decide to make a product change, I would definitely reconsider if the cargo mat was made of the same material.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode