Back door problems.. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-24-2014, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Back door problems..

Hello. I don't post on here much, but read a lot. Here is something that happened to me, and I'm wondering if you guy have seen this before. I just got my jeep back from the dealership for the 2nd time for clutch problems, and was driving home. I stopped for gas in the rain. Went to get a jacket out of the back, and when I plulled the handle, the whole door fell to the ground. Someone had stolen the all the bolts and put the caps back on. Let me say I was not happy. Anybody has this happen, or heard of it happening ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-24-2014, 09:07 PM
Rock God

never heard of that before, but damn would that suck. how the hell did it stay on when you were driving down the road? The paint holding on the hinges? Yikes!
post #3 of 12 Old 04-25-2014, 06:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Wow, that is crazy. Can't even imagine what was going through the guys bead as they were doing that

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Originally Posted by van7559
I can bury my pinky in the rear, and just barley feel it, the front is a little easier, but still seems low to me!

I fist fuck life with a nuclear powered pneumatic fuck hammer for 60, 70 hrs a week...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 04-25-2014, 07:00 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elroy303030 View Post
Hello. I don't post on here much, but read a lot. Here is something that happened to me, and I'm wondering if you guy have seen this before. I just got my jeep back from the dealership for the 2nd time for clutch problems, and was driving home. I stopped for gas in the rain. Went to get a jacket out of the back, and when I plulled the handle, the whole door fell to the ground. Someone had stolen the all the bolts and put the caps back on. Let me say I was not happy. Anybody has this happen, or heard of it happening ?
Pics?

Glad that wasnt my flipp-flipp wearing ass. I have heard of theives leaving the 5th wheel barley on, and it falling of at speeds... I wonder if it was one of the "I dont need a tire carrier" guys with jacked up sheet metal. Probably did the bolts and left the caps so they could come back on the next trip.

You have any JKs of the same color around your neighborhood or office? Noticesd one lately with munched sheet metal?

Soon to be a vendor!!!
Looking for a good Rat Rod JK donor vehicle.
post #5 of 12 Old 04-25-2014, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy View Post
never heard of that before, but damn would that suck. how the hell did it stay on when you were driving down the road? The paint holding on the hinges? Yikes!
I don't know how it was holding on, but I was pissed! I had to pick it up by the spare and wedge the arms behind the spare tire and latch the door and lock them. I had called the dealership from gas station and talked to a boss. He was pretty cool about it. He said I can either come to you and help you, or if you can get it back I will take care of it. When I made it back to dealership, it was after hours and he was waiting with his wife for me. He said They will repair all damages and gave me a new car off the lot to drive. He said in his whole time at the dealership that he has never seen this before. Lets say I'm having fun with a brand new (40 Miles) avenger. It lets me know that I will never own one..
post #6 of 12 Old 04-25-2014, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
... he was waiting with his wife for me.
That's really going the extra mile... letting you have her.

Glad they're taking care of it. I hope that they find out what happened and that someone is held accountable.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #7 of 12 Old 04-25-2014, 09:44 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

Quote:
I don't know how it was holding on, but I was pissed! I had to pick it up by the spare and wedge the arms behind the spare tire and latch the door and lock them. I had called the dealership from gas station and talked to a boss. He was pretty cool about it. He said I can either come to you and help you, or if you can get it back I will take care of it. When I made it back to dealership, it was after hours and he was waiting with his wife for me. He said They will repair all damages and gave me a new car off the lot to drive. He said in his whole time at the dealership that he has never seen this before. Lets say I'm having fun with a brand new (40 Miles) avenger. It lets me know that I will never own one..
Wow, what dealer was that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
That's really going the extra mile... letting you have her.

Glad they're taking care of it. I hope that they find out what happened and that someone is held accountable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
post #8 of 12 Old 04-25-2014, 02:31 PM
Random Dude

Every time I see this thread title, I think Stub's going to tell us about his trip to the proctologist

PLEASE BUY AMERICAN SO I DON'T HAVE TO LEARN CHINESE
-The 4th little pig made his house of reinforced concrete, with wolfskin rugs in every room-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Random crap you might find useful
post #9 of 12 Old 04-25-2014, 02:40 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Sams Misguided Child View Post

Id still hit it till I got tired of her crap!!!

Now your title....Ive looked at it and didnt come in thinking it was going to be a anal problem.....Glad it was just the back door to your Jeep.

Its not uncommon for thieves to target dealers for parts. Im glad they are taking care of it without a hassle.
post #10 of 12 Old 04-25-2014, 04:11 PM
Rock God

This thread title is destined for Chit Chat...

IMO it sounds like somebody was planning on coming back to steal something else and knew they'd be able to gain access through the tailgate.
post #11 of 12 Old 04-25-2014, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
It's Landers, McLarty dodge, Chrysler jeep in Bentonville, ar. Chuck is the service supervisor. I just want my jeep back. This is the 4th week without it. 1st two weeks they had it replacing the clutch and rebuilding the trans. Last week I took it back, because they didn't fix it right. Now this week they will have it to fix the door. I'm not real happy with them, this is the nicest they have been so far.
post #12 of 12 Old 04-26-2014, 02:39 PM
Granite Guru

Holy sh!t.........

2013 JKR, Auto, Yukon 4.56, Goodyear MTR/K 35/12.5/17 on XD222 KMC Enduro Beadlocks,Teraflex Big Brakes & Spare Carrier, Warn RC Winch, Metalcloak Front & Rear Bumpers, Metalcloak Overliner Flares & Front Inner Fenders w/ Corner Guards/Tail Lamps, Metalcloak Game Changer 2.5" w/6-Pac's, ARB Diff Covers & Onboard Air, AFE High Tuck Muffler, Front Lower Control Arm Skids, Artec Aluminum Skid System, Poison Spyder Hood Vents, Ripp SC.

There are no winners here; just beguiled participants
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode