Jeep Wrangler Sundancer Design Concept, 2014 Beijing Motor Show - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 04-22-2014, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Garage
Jeep Wrangler Sundancer Design Concept, 2014 Beijing Motor Show

Jeep Wrangler Sundancer Design Concept
For the Beijing Show, Jeep designers combined the legendary capability of the Jeep Wrangler with a touch of sophistication – and a sense of fashion – to create the Jeep Wrangler Sundancer.

The design concept is painted a tri-coat Chocolate Brown metallic color with gold accents. The fender flares feature a unique Golden Bronze tone-on-tone ghosted pattern, and the windows also have bronze tinted glass.

The unique front and rear bumpers are equipped with linear LED lighting and have been painted a tri-coat Chocolate Brown metallic color coupled with Golden Bronze accent inserts to match the exterior. Completing the Jeep Wrangler Sundancer’s impactful exterior appearance are 20-inch pale gold billet aluminum wheels with polished gold inserts, and a unique multi-piece billet aluminum fender badge.

The Wrangler Sundancer’s interior features Axis II perforated seat inserts and exclusive Berry Baltique Semi-Aniline leather, the same leather found in the most luxurious labels in fashion. The door panels and upper instrument panel are wrapped in premium leather and hand sewn provocateur lace stitching can be found on the outer deck seam, steering wheel and center lid console. The gold color scheme from the exterior continues into the interior, with new ‘Gold Rush’ interior paint on the door handles, steering wheel bezel, grab handle, gear shifter trim ring bezels and sill plates.

Finishing touches to the interior include Romina premium leather trimmed/wrapped floor mats.

The Jeep Wrangler lineup in China currently includes the Sport, Sahara and the Rubicon model on which the Jeep Wrangler Sundancer design concept is based. Jeep Wranglers in China are fitted with 3.6L V-6 Pentastar petrol engines, or 3.0L V-6 Pentastar petrol engines.

In 2012, a previous special version of the Jeep Wrangler, the Wrangler Dragon, debuted at the Beijing Show as a design concept and is now being produced and sold not only in China but also in markets such as the U.S., Australia and Puerto Rico.

Nearly 800,000 people attended the Beijing Motor Show in previous years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZKDZMI-URg

Jeep® Brand Debuts Four Design Concept Vehicles at the Beijing Motor Show

Four Chinese-inspired design concepts push boundaries of Jeep brand
Jeep Zi You Xia design concept showcases a sophisticated interpretation of the all-new Jeep Renegade
Jeep Wrangler Sundancer brings premium luxury to the iconic model
Jeep Cherokee Sageland and Urbane reflect distinctive Chinese inspired personalities

April 19, 2014 , Beijing - The Jeep® brand introduced four new design concepts at the 2014 Beijing International Motor Show today. The quartet takes Jeep production models and injects them with fresh elements inspired by millennia of Chinese culture and the sense of style, fashion and flash-forward trends found in megacities such as Shanghai and Beijing.
The four design concepts include two interpretations of the all-new Jeep Cherokee – the Sageland and Urbane – a premium, luxury version of the iconic Jeep Wrangler called the Jeep Wrangler Sundancer, and the Zi You Xia, a special design concept based on the all-new 2015 Jeep Renegade.

“Jeep is one of the fastest growing imported brands in China and this is our largest Jeep market outside the U.S.,” said Mike Manley Chief Operating Officer for Asia Pacific and President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “It makes sense for us to use this year’s Beijing Motor Show as a platform to explore how consumers react to these new Chinese-inspired ideas that may find their way into future production vehicles.”

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

We Price Match -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
us for a quote!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 04-22-2014, 08:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

No diesels,no 8 or 9 spds,no free food,why am I here?

Somethin's happenin' here,what it is ain't exactly clear,there's a man with a gun over there,a tellin' me,I have to beware.....
post #3 of 17 Old 04-26-2014, 12:55 PM
Wheeler

Smart machine. Maybe not a core wrangler etc.... but nice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 04-26-2014, 02:29 PM
Granite Guru

I'd say there is room for luxury features and lack thereof on JKs. Depends on what the buyer wants. Important thing is to sell Jks and lots of them all over the globe.

2013 JKR, Auto, Yukon 4.56, Goodyear MTR/K 35/12.5/17 on XD222 KMC Enduro Beadlocks,Teraflex Big Brakes & Spare Carrier, Warn RC Winch, Metalcloak Front & Rear Bumpers, Metalcloak Overliner Flares & Front Inner Fenders w/ Corner Guards/Tail Lamps, Metalcloak Game Changer 2.5" w/6-Pac's, ARB Diff Covers & Onboard Air, AFE High Tuck Muffler, Front Lower Control Arm Skids, Artec Aluminum Skid System, Poison Spyder Hood Vents, Ripp SC.

There are no winners here; just beguiled participants
post #5 of 17 Old 04-27-2014, 05:23 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryRedBird View Post
Sure we still love the jeep wrangler over all concept and design.. more so the 2dr version than the four door version.. Wife's seen the images and said:

Me on the other hand.. wants jeep to do away with all the frill's and bright colors, rich leather trim etc.. I just want to see a cut rate jeep wrangler 2 door without all the "Creature Comfort" yet still have a kickin power plant and room for personalized improvement. I would save all this "appearance options" for the Cherokees or the new Renegaydes..

So Jeep, when are you going to return to you heritage?.. and just build us a cut rate wrangler without all this crap.. cause no one in their right mind would ever take the above jeep off road.. if they did, their an idiot..
Agree !!!

That color is horrid IMO

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #6 of 17 Old 04-27-2014, 10:59 AM
TOK
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryRedBird View Post
Sure we still love the jeep wrangler over all concept and design.. more so the 2dr version than the four door version.. Wife's seen the images and said:

Me on the other hand.. wants jeep to do away with all the frill's and bright colors, rich leather trim etc.. I just want to see a cut rate jeep wrangler 2 door without all the "Creature Comfort" yet still have a kickin power plant and room for personalized improvement. I would save all this "appearance options" for the Cherokees or the new Renegaydes..

So Jeep, when are you going to return to you heritage?.. and just build us a cut rate wrangler without all this crap.. cause no one in their right mind would ever take the above jeep off road.. if they did, their an idiot..
I think the Wrangler has been at production capacity since the 2012 with the intro of the Pentastar. They must feel they're getting it right even if the hardcore don't like it. Same with the Cherokee... I'm seeing that constipated looking front end everywhere.

The lost opportunity for me was the Willy's. I wanted so bad for that to have the Rubicon 44's and transfer case without all the power foof.

I'm not crazy about the color of the concept here, but I'm digging the look of those wheels even though they're 20's.
post #7 of 17 Old 10-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Thumbs down re: something dubbed the Jeep Wrangler ' Sundancer '

PLEASE, GOD; SOMEONE KILL THIS THING WITH FIRE!*

<*I , somehow, missed this beastly , sad , gaudy Louis Vitton-lookin' 'JK' when it was originally sent out to press earlier this year. Seeing it today made me throw-up in my mouth a little. I would ONLY like to see this again if it were being [literally] thrashed and violated upon many large sections of gnarly granite someplace where only RZRs or buggies normally tread....>

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 10-10-2014 at 07:57 PM. Reason: chocolate-color induced nausea
post #8 of 17 Old 10-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
PLEASE, GOD; SOMEONE KILL THIS THING WITH FIRE!*

<*I , somehow, missed this beastly , sad , gaudy Louis Vitton-lookin' 'JK' when it was originally sent out to press earlier this year. Seeing it today made me throw-up in my mouth a little. I would ONLY like to see this again if it were being [literally] thrashed and violated upon many large sections of gnarly granite someplace where only RZRs or buggies normally tread....>
Seems kind of Harsh... I like the look. Perhaps I'm gettin' Old and Senile, but that is as clean as any Land Rover or Evoque... Nice thing about JK's, you can choose a Plain Jane, or gussy her up with all th' fancy trappin's you feel needed... Just sayin'...

Fast Freddie

2014 Wrangler
Sahara Unlimited
USMC (University of Music, Science and Culture)
64-67 Nam 66
post #9 of 17 Old 10-11-2014, 11:35 AM
JKO Addict!

Looks like a UPS truck

2007 JKR | PSC Big bore box | Rock Krawler 3.5" x-factor arms l SteerSmarts YETI track bar, tie rod, no drill flipped drag link, Griffin | Synergy frame brace | 37x12.5x17 Nitto RG's | Dana front DS | Fox IFP shocks | Artec front armor kit/Currie JJ's | Teraflex rear axle bracket | EVO Rockstars | Ridged D's, A pillar mounts | VKS sliders l Trek Armor seat covers | Superchips/Sprint booster | Savvy half doors w/ Bestop uppers
post #10 of 17 Old 10-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Rock God

Garage

I actually like the colour. The inside is nice too... but it's still way to nice for me to consider. and the name is a little...colourful...those wheels remind me of the old Grand Cherokee ZJ wheels though.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #11 of 17 Old 10-14-2014, 06:49 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?

FUCK CHINA

, Granite,
, ProComp 7069 17x9, Cooper STT Pro 37's, Warn M8000, ACE ProSeries Bumpers, RROR Skids, Poly Tie Rod and Drag Link, Ten Factory Chromoly Rear Axles
post #12 of 17 Old 10-14-2014, 08:01 AM
Rock God

Garage

I like it.

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #13 of 17 Old 10-14-2014, 08:28 AM
Rock God

I would drive it.

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
post #14 of 17 Old 10-14-2014, 10:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryRedBird

99% of Jeep owners don't take their shit off road anyway, and a half of the 1% that say the do are lying.

Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever.
post #15 of 17 Old 10-14-2014, 01:41 PM
Wheeler

I like the hood design if it is functional
Name:  13965662712_fc6ee5177c.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  74.8 KB
post #16 of 17 Old 10-14-2014, 02:12 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfishmrt View Post
I like the hood design if it is functional
Attachment 177698
Its a 10a hood. Not very functional...

post #17 of 17 Old 10-19-2014, 08:11 AM
TOK
Wheeler

I'm sure they'll build this after the raging success of the Dragon Edition which also made its debut at some Asian car show.

I do like the wheels, they'd be cool in 17".

Edit: Oops, just saw the Dragon blurb at the bottom of the original post... Dealerships are peeling those stickers off and trying to sell them at a discount now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode