How long to wait for Rubicons? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 Old 09-28-2007, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
14ers

How long to wait for Rubicons?

JK Unlimited Rubicon owners:
On average, how long did you have to wait for your Rubi? Or did you happen to get it right off the lot?

I am still working over the dealership to get my price and I feel I will be waiting for quite awhile. I have not seen a single Unlimited Rubicon on any dealership lot EVER that was not already sold. I'm wondering how long is the average wait.

CJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 09-28-2007, 12:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

I managed to get mine off of a lot
not EXACTLY what I was looking for, but pretty darn close.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #3 of 48 Old 09-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom View Post
I managed to get mine off of a lot
not EXACTLY what I was looking for, but pretty darn close.
x2

Had a little more than I wanted and the hard top instead of the soft top and it was green and not white. I bought a soft top and I'm liking the green.

FWIW, I shopped across the Internet and would have gone 1/2 way across the States to pick one up at the right price. My dealer just got in a Rubi someone ordered then bailed on, beat the best Internet prices by $500, made the deal over the phone drove down and picked it up with less than 45 minutes at the dealership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 48 Old 09-28-2007, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
14ers

So you guys are saying I shouldn't be so picky and just take what I can get and it'll show up? Have faith? Aarrrgh! But I want it now!

On a side note, I was talking to one of the guys over at AEV and they're saying the manual tranny doesn't measure up to the auto. Since all the torque is at high RPM, there's no advantage to a clutch. What does anyone else think? I have not even considered an auto until now...
post #5 of 48 Old 09-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Call Dan Dunham at Reno Jeep, great deal no BS and just up the hill from you.
post #6 of 48 Old 09-28-2007, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
14ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelW View Post
Michael,
Is that Lithia Chrysler? I know you're just outside Reno. Is Dan a sales manager, salesman, or your buddy? Do you think they might have one? Have you seen ANY Rubi's on the lot? Or would I just be ordering one like I have already talked to 5 other salespeople about? I actually already have a quote for just over invoice, but I'd have to wait 'til next spring.
post #7 of 48 Old 09-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Dan isn't a buddy but a great salesman. My girl Debbie also used him when she bought her Libby. Yep, Lithia Chrysler. If Dan has a title I think its like fleet sales manager???? He has been selling Jeeps for a long time. His boss pretty much lets him do what he needs to make deals. From what I can gather they just leave him alone and let him sell Jeeps. They had quite a few JK's when I was there last week. I have wheeled with the GM and one of the parts guys and went in to BS. I am not certain there was a Rubi for sure but they had like 30 some odd JK's. I think Lithia is the largest dealers in Northern Nevada so if anyone had them (or the clout to get one) it would be them. Lithia is also the headquarters for the annual DC/Jeep Rubicon run so the "big wigs" come through there as well. Don't know if that helps but at least these guys get to rub elbows.

I got my best deal together and Dan beat the price. I paid less than any "best deals" I could find this side of the Mississippi. No BS. Did most paperwork over the phone on my way to pick up my JK. Got to the dealership (first time I actually met Dan) signed a bunch of papers, rounded up my keys and drove home.

I've recommended him to everyone in our area and a lot of times I get the response, yep Dan is the man.
post #8 of 48 Old 09-30-2007, 04:32 AM

Thanks! That's great!

post #9 of 48 Old 09-30-2007, 10:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

I guess I was lucky, I only had to drive 30 minutes away to pick mine up.
It was the only 4D Rubi I could find within 250 miles. I ended up with Red Rock instead of black or yellow and I didn't get MyGig but I got a killer trade on my old truck (an 03 Supercharged Harley F-150) and got a few grand off of a hard to find vehicle.
Theres a Jeep dealer literally a mile from my house, but all he ever gets are X's and he said he couldn't find a Rubi for me and wanted me to come order an 08 from him. From the wait times I'm seeing on here, I'm glad I took the red 07!
This is the first new vehicle I've bought that wasn't black and it's not so bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
post #10 of 48 Old 10-03-2007, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
14ers

Quote:
Mike,
You're right. Dan's a great guy. Gave me a really good price. I did have to order it, but hopefully not too long. All the dealers in my area would NOT go below MSRP. Most even wanted a several grand dealer markup. I don't mind driving through the beautiful Sierras to get what I want. Heck, might even be able to go south to Deer Valley to test the stock setup on the way home!
post #11 of 48 Old 10-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Granite Guru

toadontheroad, congrats of finally ordering your Rubi! Where abouts in the bay area are you from? I'm from Alameda (east bay).

'07 Unlimited Sahara Bright Silver: Auto: 4.10: 285/70R/17 BFG ATs: 1.5" Spidertrax: Painted Hardtop: AirRaid CAI: Borla Exhaust: Painted Bezels: LCD Monitor Mod: Mastercraft Grab Handles: Quadratec Center Arm Rest, Rear Seat Grab Handles & Headlight Guards: Mopar Sill, Tail Light Guards & Chrome Fuel Door: Husky Liners: Daystar Dash Top Panel: Bestop Wood Dash Kit: Neoprene Seatcovers: Littleseats.com 3rd Row Jump Seat: 14" Antenna: RealWheels Grill Guard: UConnect
post #12 of 48 Old 10-03-2007, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
14ers

Fzy,
Livermore. You have good taste. I ordered the bright silver... I think it looks awesome with the black. And I'm not even a Black Holer. But I'm sure my buddy RaiderRob will want to borrow it at the games.

Last edited by toadontheroad; 10-04-2007 at 08:58 AM.
post #13 of 48 Old 10-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Granite Guru

I must confess, I am a Raiders fan (thus the silver jeep). One of my neighbors is a die hard Raider fan and actually has a vintage fire truck painted w/ Raider colors and logos! It's beautiful!

'07 Unlimited Sahara Bright Silver: Auto: 4.10: 285/70R/17 BFG ATs: 1.5" Spidertrax: Painted Hardtop: AirRaid CAI: Borla Exhaust: Painted Bezels: LCD Monitor Mod: Mastercraft Grab Handles: Quadratec Center Arm Rest, Rear Seat Grab Handles & Headlight Guards: Mopar Sill, Tail Light Guards & Chrome Fuel Door: Husky Liners: Daystar Dash Top Panel: Bestop Wood Dash Kit: Neoprene Seatcovers: Littleseats.com 3rd Row Jump Seat: 14" Antenna: RealWheels Grill Guard: UConnect
post #14 of 48 Old 10-03-2007, 04:12 PM

Hello FzyPChz and toadontheroad. I see you guys are from the Bay area, only a little over an hour away from Sac. I've gone on a couple or runs so far in the upper Norcal area. There are several other nearby JK owners i've gotten to know and wheeled with already and are going up again this Sunday in fact. I think it'd be cool to get a few more NorCal people for some runs one day soon. We are doing the Baltic Ridge Trail this time and it's rated about a 4 per the book "Backcountry Adventures, Northern Ca." I just posted a picture of my Jeep in the Scrapbook thread under FzyPChz's post.

Have a good one.
post #15 of 48 Old 10-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Broker by the Minute

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadontheroad View Post
Mike,
You're right. Dan's a great guy. Gave me a really good price. I did have to order it, but hopefully not too long. All the dealers in my area would NOT go below MSRP. Most even wanted a several grand dealer markup. I don't mind driving through the beautiful Sierras to get what I want. Heck, might even be able to go south to Deer Valley to test the stock setup on the way home!
That's great news! Glad you got the deal you wanted. It's nice to buy vehicle without the BS.
post #16 of 48 Old 10-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to DiscoBayJoe

Hey All,

I'm technically east bay here too (Discovery Bay, far east Contra Costa County)!

I had to wait about 12 hours for my Silver Rubi (it showed up at in Turlock 2 weeks ago and I picked it up the next day).

Honestly tho, I had been watching for about 9 months and I hadn't seen a single Silver Rubi in person anywhere in Norcal the entire time..... It looks like the floodgates are really opening up with the 2008's.

I've got a pretty busy October, but i'm hoping to get out and hit some dirt in November!

2008 JKUR 3.5" Frankenlift : RK/Artec/Synergy/Reid/Currie/PSC - Spyder'd Out - 35" MTR/K's on Spyderlocks - BinksFab Tailgate
post #17 of 48 Old 10-05-2007, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
14ers

Disco,
Did you order it, or were you just searching and came upon it? Like a gem in the desert?
post #18 of 48 Old 10-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Wheeler

Off the lot in the obscure town of Lompoc Ca

I live in Arroyo Grande, just south of San Luis Obispo, I was working the central coast dealers just to call me if they got one in. Lompoc got a red 08 in mid August and then a white. I wanted the white, but was so happy to see the red I bought it. Within a week, two other dealers on the central coast got in two more, a black and one other of which I can't recall the color. I saw the white one in Lompoc yesterday while visiting family, still had the dealer plates, but could also be the dealer driving it, I had to hunt the owner of the dealership down to get him out of mine so I could buy it. Lompoc may not have the buying pressure of the more metro cities.

rocrat
post #19 of 48 Old 10-09-2007, 02:29 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to RedRockJK Send a message via Yahoo to RedRockJK

Back at the end of last year, I ordered mine Dec 2nd, and it was delivered Feb 12th. Around that same time there were people waiting 3-4 months, I ordered from a dealer with a lot of allocation so it went pretty quick.

2007 Rubicon Unlimited: MODS: Superior 5.13 Gears, Black Diamond 3" Lift, 1" M.O.R.E. Body Lift, FT Rear Adj. Trackbar, 15x8 ION 170 wheels, 37x12.50x15 Goodyear MT/R's, Superwinch EPi9.0, Smittybilt SRC front bumper, IGGEE Black/Charcoal seat covers, relocated muffler (Magnaflow 11376).

post #20 of 48 Old 10-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to DiscoBayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadontheroad View Post
Disco,
Did you order it, or were you just searching and came upon it? Like a gem in the desert?
I lucked out. The dealer knew what I was looking for and called me on a Friday night when it showed up unexpectedly! Gotta Luv It!

2008 JKUR 3.5" Frankenlift : RK/Artec/Synergy/Reid/Currie/PSC - Spyder'd Out - 35" MTR/K's on Spyderlocks - BinksFab Tailgate
post #21 of 48 Old 10-11-2007, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
14ers

Quote:
That's great news! Glad you got the deal you wanted. It's nice to buy vehicle without the BS.
Dan called me Tuesday to let me know the assembly line was shut down and it would be a bit longer til delivery...

I checked Jeep.com's website inventory and found the last 6 speed that will probably be delivered to CA until the strike is over. So I bought it. I have to go 500 miles south this weekend to pick it up. There's my break-in drive!

Wish I coulda got it from Dan, but thats the way it bounces...

2008 Rescue Green UJK Rubicon 6 spd with a bunch of super cheap mods!

Last edited by toadontheroad; 10-11-2007 at 05:13 PM.
post #22 of 48 Old 10-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Foo

I order mine and waited over 120 days !

I found one very close to what I wanted but it had power windows on ebay from a dealer, so I canceled my order and bought it.

It was 1300 miles away, but since I work for an airline, flying to pick it up was free.

Me and my 5 year old now have a father/son trip to remember.

07 Yellow Rubi 4 door
- 2.5 Rock Krawler

- OR-FAB Tire Carrier w/Wedco Fuel and Water Jerry Cans

- XHD Front Stuby
- Xenon Narrow
- Superchip
- Pro Comp Series 8128
- 35/1250x17 MT/R Kevlar (Discount Rocks !)
- Synergy Suspension Tie-Rod/Drag Link, Fox ATS!
- Black HotHead Headliner

- Winch (Need)
Finished Pictures->

post #23 of 48 Old 10-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Trail Concepts Hmfic

Garage
re. wait

Good to see you guys found Rubicons!! The wait is tremendous for a 4dr and a 2dr is liveable. The current allocation has been near shut down for 4dr unlimited orders. I would recomend finding one as some of you did and not order one unless you can wait 7-9months. I found 3 on ebay and they were at a fair price! Happy searching!

Jason

Jeep Sales/Jeep JK Conversions/Parts
602-314-5356 or

/
/

Rock Krawler American Expedition Vehicles Poly Performance Spod RCV Performance Dynatrac Poison Spyder Magnuson Superchargers Rock Monster Wheels Surprise Straps
post #24 of 48 Old 10-29-2007, 08:51 AM
TrailDuty.com

Back in January I was told by most dealers that the wait for a Rubi Unlimited was around four months. I rang around a whole bunch of Jeep dealers and asked what they had due in, and found one real close to how i wanted it due in 3 weeks - sold!
post #25 of 48 Old 10-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Granite Guru

08 Unlimited Rubi on order for almost 3 month, be lucky to see it by NEW YEARS.
I've been lookin around for one on the net, but haven't found a DETONATOR with the equipment I want. So I'm waiting.

WHEN in DOUBT, GAS-IT !

EARTH FIRST! We'll JEEP the other planets later!

Last edited by luigi0523; 10-29-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode